Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

I like having an OP. It's easy as gently caress to skip for those who don't like/need it, so there's no reason not to have it for those who do like/need it.

Quoting it should be a bannable loving offense, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Vehementi posted:

Again Oberyn impaled him square in the middle of the chest at least 1 foot deep (check out the blood as he pulls the spear out) with his full body weight landing on him. Guy's lungs are full of blood etc. but, naw, he can get up, punch with full strength and overpower the guy while talking. It's just bad writing, there are so many ways they could have done it better if they weren't I guess afraid of GRRM or something?

1) Rolling over isn't getting up.
2) Who says he punched at full strength? He's a freak of nature. Him at 10% strength could knock all your teeth out, especially given that he's wearing a metal gauntlet. It's like, try having a dying elephant step on your head and tell me how much not being at "full strength" stopped it from squishing you.
3) There are dragons and wizards. Shut the gently caress up.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

an skeleton posted:

Oh yeah and another thing, its funny that this episode gets so many "The good guys never win, I'm done watching this :smith:" whenever Joffrey, arguably the most villainous character and inarguably the biggest prick, just died a couple of episodes ago.

Bad guy dies: Meh. About time it happened.
Good guy dies: FUCCK GRRM! I'M NEVER WATCHING AGAIN!

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Bobo the Red posted:

Yeah I almost think Tyrion is too delightful. The way they had Sansa and Shae speak of him at their respective recent trials (and how the general public reacts to him) was as if he was significantly more repugnant than he is. You're supposed to accept that even the nobles think of "the Imp" with revulsion, but it feels really disjointed, because Tyrion loving rules.

Their revulsion has nothing to do with his personality and everything to do with his deformity.

• Locked thread