Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elman
Oct 26, 2009

The Human Crouton posted:

Between that and the ludicrously circuitous plan to poison Joffrey, I've seen two of my least favorite tropes this season in a series that I previously had thought was above that.

What was so ludicrous about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

At this point I'd be more worried about the show spoiling the books.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Max posted:

And at the pace that everything is going, the show will definitely spoil the books. But every book person I know doesn't care and/or is actually glad to see that happen.

Oh yeah, I just meant that they're likely to use book 6 material anytime now.

So no, you definitely shouldn't worry about being spoiled if you read book 3 after the season ends.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

So It Goes posted:

Literally no one says book 3 slows down after the red wedding (which is roughly halfway through that book). People say the books slow down after book 3, i.e. this season.

Which won't be true for the show either since they're probably gonna go through books 4, 5 and some unreleased material in a single season.

• Locked thread