Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bUm
Jan 11, 2011

Yureina posted:

Waiting years for one of your favorite scenes (The Mountain vs The Red Viper) in the books to appear on-screen sucks too. But it's almost here! :D
Also the scene I've been most looking forward to of the season (granted I didn't realize Lysa falling and unable to get up was going to be in it till midway into the season).

Hope they do it justice; some drat good competition for best scene of the season already out there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bUm
Jan 11, 2011

sforzacio posted:

Are they ever gonna tell us what happened to Benji stark?
The fascination/fixation over Benjen and Syrio is amusing, as if they were hugely important to anything.

Midnight City posted:

Because the poo poo just gets longer and longer each season. I can put my mouse on free scroll and do a hard downward scroll and the poo poo still won't finish all the way through the OP now.
:rip: Scroll wheel. :rip:

Clicking + holding LMB on the scrollbar is hard.

bUm
Jan 11, 2011
I wish the fight sequence had been a little longer and am a little sad they dropped Tyrion (and audience members) vomiting after Oberyn's end. Still a highly satisfying scene though.

As a long time hater of injected/forced love stories (in Hollywood-related stuff), the Grey Worm/Missandei thing bothered me. I hope it goes away, but I doubt it.

Crusty Nutsack posted:

mannnnn Oberyn was one of the best characters, and now Dinklage sticking around is in question. gently caress GRRM

My reaction to this fight was almost as bad as the red wedding haha
Only episode eight, there's still the infamous episode nine a-comin'.

BubbleGoose posted:

I'm not a book reader, so I don't know this and I don't really see how it's relevant. Having to imagine it in your head is a world different from having to see it on screen.
I personally imagined it as more of a slow, methodical punching his face to a bloody pulp (including breaking his frontal skull to bits) with his gauntlet-armored hands that continued until well after he was dead to the point where all onlookers were like: "FFS just stop."

vanbags posted:

So the Mountain is supposed to be the baddest man in the Seven Kingdoms, universally feared by all men, including Jaime Lannister who was supposedly the best swordsman in the land? And he was not only handily beat, but showboated on, by Oberyn?
Oberyn was a well regarded warrior. Also, taking on the Mountain with a sword is a totally different ballgame than a spear because the range advantage it provides; a swordsman would have to get much closer, at which point the sheer strength of The Mountain becomes a serious hazard.

Waltzing Along posted:

LOL: they die squatting over their chamberpots!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMzfrod7hcE

• Locked thread