Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
That was the worst episode of Game of Thrones ever. No hyperbole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

precision posted:

I thought she was 14 in the books and 16 in the show in season 1? I didn't think they aged her up 4 entire years.

e: also I just saw that if you give GRRM $10,000 for charity or something he'll "name a character in a future GOT book after you and kill them off in a grisly way". :eyeroll:

Hate to break it to y'all but my donation created the Oberyn character and GRRM even let me pick his exact grisly death for an extra 5k.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

anne frank fanfic posted:

Nobody watched season 1 live who also didn't read the books

Huh? I have been watching the show live since e01 and never read more than 20 pages of the books.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Yeah, that Joffrey douchebag ain't gonna die anytime soon.

Well it certainly took long enough.

Unrelated but I wish they'd just have cut Daenyrys entire story from the show. It is boring as poo poo and completely separate from the rest of the action (with no end in sight). At least the White Walkers non-role in the story thus far has been limited to like 3 teaser scenes where we are reminded that they exist and are ostensibly a threat to everyone else in the world.

The HBO adaptation should have just been focused on the events of Westeros power struggle. Could have much better pacing, be less muddled, and have more time to explore that part of the world and build up those characters. Instead we just get half-assed versions of all the many, many, many, MANY story lines. They might be just as half-assed in the books for all I know (some of the more critical readers have suggested as much).

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jun 7, 2014

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Steve2911 posted:

So you'd be in favour of cutting Dany, Jon, Bran, Arya and pretty much everyone other than the dead Starks, the Lannisters, the Baratheons and the Greyjoys? That would have been shite, sir.

No sorry just meant Dany and the Wildlings, really. Actually Jon's parts are all pretty boring too. So are Bran's. But if they cut out the whole Dany part maybe they could have spent more time on Jon/Bran and made their scenes more interesting (I think the characters are fine as is, but the way they're used on the show is quite tedious). White Walkers can stay I guess as the overall background threat against Westeros that presumably will become a factor at some point maybe if GRRM doesn't die.

Irish Joe posted:

Boy will your face be red when Dany arrives in Westeros in season 5 6 7.

Yeah I keep hoping that it will all be worth it at some point in the next like 3 years. It would be loving hilarious if she dies at sea somehow on the way to Westeros. That would be entirely fitting with how the story is completely cool with killing off its best characters just for a shocking/impactful scene which are becoming increasingly trite.

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jun 7, 2014

• Locked thread