Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

TL posted:

I've gone from never watching GoT to binging through it inside of a week. This'll be my first episode that I catch first airing. The wait has been unbearable.

I picked up a smack habit to keep me distracted. I suggest everyone do the same.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

Hedrigall posted:

"Who's the Spanish guy, and why is he fighting this tall strong man? I don't understand what's going on, where are the Starks and Tyrone Lannister :confused: "

Are you implying this hasn't happened?

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

Lycus posted:

As soon as the thread clicks over to page 2, which happens very quickly, you'll never see the OP again for rest of the week. It doesn't seem to be something worth debating again every week.

Don't worry. By page 4 we'll be back to rapes again.

Like clockwork.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
In the books he's known as the Red Viper of Dorne or something like that.

EDIT: No they haven't called him that in the show yet. They also haven't called him the spaniard yet.

DISCO KING fucked around with this message at 11:59 on Jun 1, 2014

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Littlefinger setting himself up to be Henry Tudor VII.
So wait, did Sansa and Littlefinger bang, or is she just rocking the goth clothes because whatever?

I totally saw the ending coming, but it didn't make me :magical: any less.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

Spaceman Future! posted:

What is your sexual history that you assume sleeping with a woman makes her dress up in an outfit fashioned for a supervillian's funeral?

You have no idea...

Real: I'm figuring this based on how that scene ended. "I know what you want" and then the next scene she's in she's all dressed up like she's in his weird dungeon bird fetish outfit. The guy above has it pretty right, we'd know if someone has sex on this show, usually. However, Sophie Turner probably wasn't an adult when they filmed it and we don't know if she's signed on to do sex scenes yet (can't wait to see the thread when they announce whether or not that's happening).

Na'at posted:

Guess you never smashed a girl in her goth phase back in HS.

This guy knows what's up.

DISCO KING fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jun 2, 2014

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Just saw the behind the scenes, Sansa isn't Cersei and knows she can make political moves that don't involve her vagina. This is probably good for her character and the show.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Just had ice cream and a beer--finally feeling better.

GRRM is probably not going to kill Tyrion just like how he's probably not going to kill Arya. They're his favorite characters. Also, Jaquen H'gar's coin and Littlefinger mentioning he's part braavosi is way too loving convenient. Now that everyone but her brothers and sisters are dead why the hell wouldn't she just pack up and go to Braavos?

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

Wizard Master posted:

I thought this episode was garbage personally.

I thought this post was garbage personally.

:getout:

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Wizard Master's post should just be quoted in the OP for all time.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

John Charity Spring posted:

Breaking Bad had a similar thing midway through the show, for me:

Hank being ambushed by the cousins in the parking lot. I was on the edge of my seat the entire time and had no idea how it was going to play out.

Is that the scene where he runs some motherfuckers over? It's been a while since I've seen that show.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

Dapper Dan posted:

I'd laugh if the end of the books is GRMM gearing up for this big confrontation between the Mother of Dragons and the rest of Westeros and then the White Walkers come, push everyone's poo poo in and end the world because no one was paying the gently caress attention. 'Everyone dies! Nothing ever mattered in all of these books! GG.'

The Winds of Winter is secretly the last book.

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

SoFarGone posted:

Would carry printer for Sansa.

This isn't even a wholly creepy and gross statement anymore.

Sophie Turner has been doing a good job from day one, but her character wasn't convincingly interesting until a month ago. Glad we finally got there. I had a feeling GRRM wouldn't spend so much time on someone without making them interesting eventually. Sure he'll kill people super abruptly, but he'll make a hell of an effort to get you to like them. I have a feeling we're finally going to get Sansa character payoff soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

Grim Up North posted:

If the book readers in this thread are to be trusted GRRM didn't write anything Sansa-related beyond the moon door drop or so?

There are two more books until we're caught up.

• Locked thread