Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yureina
Apr 28, 2013

Yeap. I found this out recently. Really turns me off the Palestinian cause to find out they basically consist entirely of raging racists.

TL posted:

I've gone from never watching GoT to binging through it inside of a week. This'll be my first episode that I catch first airing. The wait has been unbearable.

Waiting years for one of your favorite scenes (The Mountain vs The Red Viper) in the books to appear on-screen sucks too. But it's almost here! :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yureina
Apr 28, 2013

Yeap. I found this out recently. Really turns me off the Palestinian cause to find out they basically consist entirely of raging racists.

CuddleChunks posted:

Woo, nearly there to a new episode! Meanwhile, in other weird news...

My mom made this comparison when watching the very first episode. It is still funny after all this time.

Yureina
Apr 28, 2013

Edit: Seems I probably shouldn't have made this post. I'm getting rid of what I wrote here. Prolly too late, but whatever.

I thought the fight was great. It makes me sad though. :(

Yureina fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jun 2, 2014

Yureina
Apr 28, 2013

davidspackage posted:

Oh poo poo, isn't this season only half of one book?

The second half of 'A Storm of Swords'. The Oberyn vs Gregor duel happened in Chapter 70 of 80, while the Red Wedding (S3E9) was Chapter 51 of 80.

Yureina
Apr 28, 2013

davidspackage posted:

Oh, that's good to know.

I watched the "inside the episode" for this one linked earlier, and David Benioff dropped something interesting but possibly spoilery:

he says something along the lines of "the Mountain's just been stabbed, been poisoned... Oberyn poisoned his spears before battle? I presume we'll find out quickly next week. I kind of hope the Mountain makes it so someone else gets a chance to put him down, but that's not really how this show works.

To answer your blacked-out text with show-only information:

It is shown in the episode, but easily missed. Like Olenna snatching a stone from Sansa's necklace during the Purple Wedding. http://youtu.be/qyOw7ScY4F4 See 1:21 of this Youtube clip. Pretty sure his squire isn't just polishing that spear for fun. Benioff's comment in the Inside the Episode is as good a confirmation as any.

Yureina fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jun 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yureina
Apr 28, 2013

xcore posted:

Whilst it's normally really painful to listen to the Rooster Teeth guys talk about GoT, Burnie had an interesting quip a few weeks back.

Why the gently caress would Dany even want to come to Westeros? The place is absolute poo poo hole with practically zero redeeming qualities. The only places that aren't completely awful seem to be Highgarden, a goldless Casterly Rock and Whiteharbour. Interestingly, all places we have never visited; so I'm sure if we did, it would turn out that they are complete dumps as well.

Compare this to Braavos, Slavers Bay and Qarth and I would take my sweet time invading the West as well.

You forgot Sunspear. But I agree that the East looks alot better than Westeros in several ways.

If I was forced to live in this world, I would choose Braavos or Dorne.

Yureina fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Jun 3, 2014

• Locked thread