Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Midnight City posted:

I can put my mouse on free scroll and do a hard downward scroll and the poo poo still won't finish all the way through the OP now.

jesus christ, are you ok bro?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Waffles Inc. posted:

so wait if they both die how is Tyrion guilty

the mountain is less dead

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Darth Windu posted:

The Martells have like a million princes, literally every noble there is a prince, it's not really much of a loss beyond him being the Sexiest Prince.

Pretty sure you're wrong there. He's a Martell, which is like being a Stark in the north. It's not just any noble family, it's THE noble family.

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Regy Rusty posted:

Also I like how Tyrion was like "you could at least wear a helmet" and then Oberyn dies from getting his head bashed in :lol:

Tyrion was the show's audience in that scene. "Holy poo poo! He might actually... holy poo poo he's going to pull it off!"

*head smash*

"Oh, goddamn it"

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Mr.Trifecta posted:

Yeah but I am trying to remember if they said earlier how high of a prince he was. None the less, you are sending back a dead prince of a noble family.

Like I just said, he's extremely high. He's a member of the top noble family in Dorne, his older brother is heir to the whole entire place. They don't have "millions" of Martells running around, it's a big loving deal considering the Martells already hated the Lannisters for killing Elia (Oberyn's sister) and her children.

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

JT Jag posted:

The second son and very close friends with Prince Doran, the ruler of Dorne and the guy who the Lannisters expected to show up for the wedding.

Wait, what? I thought he was Doran's younger brother

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Saoritficis posted:

I don't get the call by Tywin (okay I do but still), I mean, both combatants died, isn't it a draw?

One combatant killed the other one that's not a draw. Yeah he's all kinds of hosed up and will die eventually but he clearly won.

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

robot roll call posted:

I do hope Tyrion gets out of it somehow though because this is a lesser show without Peter Dinklage.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say there's no loving way Tyrion is going to die this season.

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

So can someone explain to my dense self the significance of the beetle killing chat?

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

David Copperfield posted:

She's as young as Arya in the books. :keke:

nobody cares how old she is in the books

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

MrBims posted:

:allears: Oh sweet summer child...

This phrase should be bannable

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Fellatio del Toro posted:

Roose is great because he's smart and ruthless like Tywin but he has people skills and doesn't constantly poo poo on everyone around him. This show is pretty much full of people seeking approval and getting rejected (especially between sons and fathers) so giving Ramsay his name should earn Roose a Father of the Year award.

I wonder how much of Roose's motivation to legitimize Ramsay was "you done good, son" versus "this kid is a loving crazy person and I'd rather have him as a devoted son/ally than resent me and eventually turn against me"

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

precision posted:

Have you seen how Roose looks at that kid? He knows. He KNOWS.

It is known.

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

JibbaJabbaJimmy posted:

So how does Tyrion get out of the execution? His execution is the obvious thing so I think it's safe to assume its not going to happen right? Or maybe its a double GRMM fake-out?

He either dies or Jamie saves him somehow, I really can't see any other outcome. He has no other friends left in King's Landing. On the other hand, will Tywin really extinguish his line by killing Tyrion and pissing off Jamie? Maybe the deal with Jamie leaving the Kingsguard in exchange for mercy could still be on but that doesn't seem likely after Tywin publicly announced Tyrion's execution.

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

No More Heroes posted:

And does he have a perverted hardon for Sansa because shes all he has left of Cat?

Yes, equal parts "the daughter I should have had with Cat" and "a younger verson of Cat that's a bigger babe than she ever was"

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Has any dead character had their "arc" finished before they died?

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

So can we assume that Stan still plans to take his new army up to the wall to reinforce the Night's Watch because I'd pay to see that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

mike- posted:

I thought barristan fought against robert? wasn't there a scene with him and ned stark talking about their mutual respect or something like that even though they were previously enemies? I can't believe I'm imagining all this.

Yes. He fought against Robert and was given a royal pardon by Robert because he's an honorable badass and at the time was the best fighter in Westeros. The person you quoted is wrong.

• Locked thread