Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

Man, I want Gregor to actually look like that. Like a meaner, angrier, psychotic Adam Baldwin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

SoFarGone posted:

Littlefinger wants the Iron Throne. Sansa wants to be Queen. How hard is that?

Does he? Seems like a lovely job, you tend to get butchered and/or stabbed and/or poisoned with alarming frequency.

King-ing is also pretty terrible for your ability to manipulate Westerosi politics. Time and time again in this show, the most effective and intelligent people are those who stay within arm's reach of the main job. Roose, Tywin, Olenna, and yes, Littlefinger. The foolish ones in this show seems to be thems that actually want supreme power, comically unaware that being King seems to make you more powerless than anything.

Also, by this point, you really think Sansa's thinking: Hey you know what I haven't got enough of yet? Royal intrigue. My bet is that Sansa wants revenge, and she sees Littlefinger as the best way to get that.

Boner Pill Connoisseur
Apr 23, 2002

I took the blue pill.

SoFarGone posted:

Littlefinger has explicitly and repeatedly said he wants the throne. Creating chaos and the opportunity to seize it is the main motivation that drives that character.

All Sansa ever wanted was to marry the prince and become queen. When she told Littlfinger she knew what he wanted, she didn't mean sex. She sees him as her main chance to get what she wants, and after the interrogation by the Vale nobles she understood that he needs her as well, for her pedigree.

That's dumb, on both counts. For one, don't trust anything Littlefinger says. His motivations are incredibly well hidden, to both show watchers and book readers. The only thing you can trust is that he wants undermine and destroy entrenched power. Chaos reigns. Second, Sansa's entire evolution has been from naive girl who worships the idea of royalty and nobility, to having the wool ripped from her eyes by a cynical burn victim, a gay knight, a monstrous queen, and a lunatic adolescent psychopath. To think she's still a "laa dee daa knights and fairies" idiot is to be completely blind to the most changed character over the course of the show.

Sansa fan club 4 lyfe

• Locked thread