Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

NomChompsky posted:

Also what's up with sansa's awkward goth phase?
Looked an awful lot like Catelyn, didn't she? It was basically her one-upping the everloving gently caress out of Littlefinger.

Sansa: I know what you want, Littlefinger.
Littlefinger: Do you now? :smug:
Sansa: Yes, you want me, because my mother's dead so you can't have her, and I'm basically the younger, sexier version of her. So I'm going to dye my hair to her color and flaunt the hell out of this dress. Now who's :smug:, motherfucker?
Littlefinger: Oh poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Monoliths posted:

Haven't seen anyone mention it yet, so maybe I'm just a clueless babby, but that was Winterfell the happy Bolton family were headed toward, right?
Yup!

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Macrame_God posted:

I'm still reeling over Oberyn. I guess the reason it blew my mind (hurr) so much is because so much time and energy was invested into building his character and now...nothing. Feels almost like a waste for them to end it all so soon.
SMASH BEETLES

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

BubbleGoose posted:

This kicks rear end. Now I desperately want all of SOIF in graphic novel form.
They're actually making this, and... no, you really don't. Please don't go out and buy it by accident.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Nobody told her on-screen, but... Littlefinger pulled a knife on Ned in the throne room, was rewarded for his loyal service to House Lannister against the traitorous Starks, and hung out for another two seasons, all while Sansa was also there. How could she not know?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Yeah, but at no point in the next two years did anybody who was there feel like needling the traitor's daughter about how her dad went down?

Like, say, a sociopathic little shithead who lived to torment her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Vehementi posted:

I think GRRM's giving more than just broad strokes to the screen writers. Else the show and books would diverge way too heavily down the line.
He gave them broad strokes, and then apparently before this season started shooting they sat him down in a room and started asking specifically "and where is this going?" for each and every plotline, so they'd know what was important, what could be cut, and what they should start working on adapting.

I can't find the interview where they say that any more, but I totally did read it okay

e: Found it!

quote:

“The lucky part is that George works with us and he’s a producer on the show,” Benioff says. “Last year we went out to Santa Fe for a week to sit down with him and just talk through where things are going, because we don’t know if we are going to catch up and where exactly that would be. If you know the ending, then you can lay the groundwork for it. And so we want to know how everything ends. We want to be able to set things up. So we just sat down with him and literally went through every character.”

CapnAndy fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jun 6, 2014

• Locked thread