Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Woo, nearly there to a new episode! Meanwhile, in other weird news...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

I love this show. Had a good group of watchers over tonight and we freaked out at all the right moments. Holy poo poo what a brutal end to Oberyn.

Welp, that's how things go in Westeros.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Eventually everybody will come to accept the only legitimate and true King - Stannis Baratheon. :colbert:

Standing alone in a windswept plain of unending ice, Stannis, the First of His Name and Rightful King of All Westeros glares at the King of the White Walkers. Ser Davos passionately proclaims how Stannis' claim to the Iron Throne is the only true and just claim in all the realm.

The King of the White Walkers nods once, fist-bumps Stannis and heads back North.

The End.

:colbert:

Blazing Ownager posted:

EDIT: I hope this doesn't count as a spoiler but in the book please tell me this fight was from Obreyn's POV? Somehow I can only picture it written that way.

It sure was. Here, let me quote you the relevant section:

quote:

Like an avalanche made of steel The Mountain came at Oberyn. Ducking nimbly under the slashing blade he struck once, twice, three times in the weak points of the armor. The Mountain staggered back and Oberyn stepping in closely and thrust his spear under the Mountain's gorget. Coughing up blood, the Mountain crashed backwards and lay still, dead for all time.

The gathered crowd was silent for an eternal moment and then burst into cheers and joyous tears. Lord Tywin stood up from his seat and waved his hands for silence.

"Prince Oberyn, you have shown true grace and courage in this fight today. I hereby proclaim Tyrion innocent of all wrongdoing and promote him to Heir of Casterly Rock. For your services, I name you Prince Totally Awesome, Protector of the Realm. You are hereby granted unlimited whoring rights within the Seven Kingdoms and get a really neat badge to wear. As for you, Cersei, you will take the black and gently caress off to parts unknown for the rest of your days. Oh, and Jaime, I just talked to the Maesters and since magic is back, you get a new hand. Now, let's dance!"
-- an excerpt from HBO's Game of Thrones - the Book by Alan Dean Foster

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

Blazing Ownager posted:

Anyway for anyone mad about them killing off Obreyn, at least look at the bright side: This was probably the very best role for his career he could ask for. I suspect you're going to see him in more stuff in the near future with how impressive he was.

He's already been acting in a new role nightly...

in my dreams. :swoon:

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

same

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

:unsmith: This is now canon.

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

A Theon? We've already got one. It's verry nice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleChunks
Sep 18, 2004

thathonkey posted:

Hate to break it to y'all but my donation created the Oberyn character and GRRM even let me pick his exact grisly death for an extra 5k.

Joffrey? Is that you?

• Locked thread