Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

My PIN is 4826 posted:

I think it's just going with the other titles like "the lion and the rose" and "the wolf and the lion"

edit: and "the bear and the maiden fair"

All of these also had double meanings. Probably Sansa is the mountain and Littlefinger's weiner is the Viper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

I hope there's one of those YOU HAVE TO REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE, THEON scenes, i like those

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Speleothing posted:

At the very least Alfie Allen needs some serious recognition for how much he's killing it.

I can acknowledge that his most recent scene with the Ironborn was very well acted but my brain just associates theon with the torture scenes and it's impossible for me to not be bored whenever he's on screen. I assume the same will happen whenever Dany finally does something cool in like season 8

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Aristobulus posted:

One thing I am curious about - after Oberyn's death pissed so many people off, if Tyrion does die in the next 2 episodes - how many people will actually stop watching the show for good?

I feel like Oberyn dying probably did cause at least a few people to give up, and caused more to be on the edge of giving up. Tyrion is a lot of peoples favorite character, and him dying so soon after the gut punch that was Oberyn may just be more than a lot of people can take.

It may actually be bad business sense to kill Tyrion, is what I'm getting at, if it causes the viewer base to plummet.

Personally, GRRM could literally do a "rocks fall, everyone dies and Joffrey rises as a zombie" twist and I'd keep watching because sunk costs, but not everyone feels that way.

Tyrion was the only reason I kept watching during Season 2 and just zoned out whenever Theon, Dany, or Robb were on screen. I would have stopped watching if GRRM killed him off then but the show has done a good enough job with Arya and Littlefinger's plots that I'll keep watching.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Wait are we sure Oberyn is dead

What if he's just sleeping

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

regulargonzalez posted:

I got some news for him: If you're 6'10 and weigh 300+ lbs of pure muscle, you're probably not gonna get offered Hamlet.

So what you're saying is if i'm 6'10 and 300+ lbs I should stop working out if I want to play Hamlet

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

BubbleGoose posted:

What do folks see in Stannis? He's the most humorless, uncharismatic, dour individual, not mention his running mate is a pyrophilic, religious fanatic. I anticipate the day when Melissandre finally turns on him.

My opinion of characters is based on the quality of the scenes they're in: Barristan is probably cool but he's boring in my brain because all the dany scenes are boring, similarly Stannis is probably awful but since Melisandre's scenes are rad that makes him rad by association.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Proof that oberyn is still alive

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

As a 12 year old living vicariously through the show I assume Melisandre only sought Gendry out because she really wanted to bang him. Same with Margaery and Tommen.

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

precision posted:

I thought she was 14 in the books and 16 in the show in season 1? I didn't think they aged her up 4 entire years.

e: also I just saw that if you give GRRM $10,000 for charity or something he'll "name a character in a future GOT book after you and kill them off in a grisly way". :eyeroll:

I will do this and tell GRRM my name is Barack Obama

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

Frostwerks posted:

Launches dragon attacks against the Brotherhood without banners. Surprisingly, people are perfectly fine with this.

The westerosi sheeple are too occupied with waterdancing with the stars or 16 and pregnant (with a shadowbaby) to care about B'amas pervasive spy network

• Locked thread