Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.

Spincut posted:

So while the forums were down, the Bundle of Holding was the Mongoose version of Traveller. I have both bundles now, the Mongoose version and the original Traveller. What version plays better? I know next to nothing about Traveller besides that it's in space, there are many versions, and you can die during character creation.

Mongoose, by leagues. I've heard the quality of the supplements is kind of spotty, but the base book is pretty good.

Original Traveller, on the other hand, really shows its age. It's not particularly terrible or unplayable or anything, it just came out in the same year as D&D 1E, so it fits into the end of that weird early paradigm where RPGs were still breaking out of being a subgenre of wargames.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tulul
Oct 23, 2013

THAT SOUND WILL FOLLOW ME TO HELL.

Halloween Jack posted:

He looks exactly like what I expected.

It's sort of amazing how people like Desborough never look like anything but what they are. The world is littered with douchebags that aren't detectable from down the streets, yet if you ever met Desborough in person, you would look like you were having a seizure, because you would try to punch him in the face and double over from laughter at the same time.

• Locked thread