Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

DrakeriderCa posted:

A dog took a run at me today. I didn't shoot it. What's wrong with me?

I'm the worst gooncop. :smith:

Didn't murder dog. I think you're doing it right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

DrakeriderCa posted:

A dog took a run at me today. I didn't shoot it. What's wrong with me?

I'm the worst gooncop. :smith:

Did you get bit? Not shooting a dog is grounds for suspension. With pay.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
I used my Crisis Intervention skills and talked it down. I was plain clothes and the owner thought I was casing his van. :v: I tossed out some lame cover and booked it.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Cmdr. Shepard posted:

How so? As cheesy as it sounds, that's pretty much what drew me to doing this job. I left LE for a short time after having a terrible experience at my first department (re: hazing and other bullshit as mentioned in the article), and was bored to tears working in IT and not feeling like I was "making a difference" or that my job had any purpose at all.

If it's not because you have some weird duty to serve, then why do this job? It's certainly not for the great pay, the great hours, the great shifts, the great attitude from the public, the great bosses and administrators, etc. I guess if you like guns and beating minorities that works too, but those people hopefully end up getting fired - or they end up making up the entirety of the police department and then you end up with experiences like Branis had.

You can say "I feel a strong desire to help my fellow man, even if I feel the monetary compensation could never equal the work outlaid" without trying to make it sound like the God Of The Hebrews burned the roof off your house one day, slapped your rear end clean out of bed and held you down bellowing at you until you signed the academy admission papers

DrakeriderCa posted:

I used my Crisis Intervention skills and talked it down. I was plain clothes and the owner thought I was casing his van. :v: I tossed out some lame cover and booked it.

How bitchin' would you describe this van

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Snowdens Secret posted:

You can say "I feel a strong desire to help my fellow man, even if I feel the monetary compensation could never equal the work outlaid" without trying to make it sound like the God Of The Hebrews burned the roof off your house one day, slapped your rear end clean out of bed and held you down bellowing at you until you signed the academy admission papers

lmbo

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

Snowdens Secret posted:

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
^^ hahahaha

Snowdens Secret posted:

Not too bitchin'. It was a 10 year old Odyssey.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Snowdens Secret posted:

Seriously?

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Snowdens Secret posted:

this is a tite quote

Smiling Jack
Dec 2, 2001

I sucked a dick for bus fare and then I walked home.

gently caress this job just grinds you down sometimes

Tentacle Party
Jul 2, 2003

(breathing intensifies)

Smiling Jack posted:

gently caress this job just grinds you down sometimes

Just let out your frustrations on a minority. Keeps me healthy and happy.

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.
Homeowner is shocked that I did not violate the rights of his roommate and throw him out onto the street.
:gonk:

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
When we are removing trespassers from a private property we have to say "I'm acting as a private citizen now and not a police officer" and drag them out.

That or fake fear a breach of the peace and bounce them off the door frames.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

When we are removing trespassers from a private property we have to say "I'm acting as a private citizen now and not a police officer" and drag them out.

That or fake fear a breach of the peace and bounce them off the door frames.

idgi can't you arrest someone for trespassing? If they're under arrest then they're in custody, can't you just remove them as the police?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Nope, it's a civil matter. A person has the right to use reasonable and proportionate force to remove another trespassing on their property and they can ask someone to assist, but the police have no statutory powers to interfere in civil matters like that. If you fear a breach in the peace (not the cool Scottish kind either) then you can nick them, move them and then de-arrest them.

JiimyPopAli
Oct 5, 2009
Everything I know about English trespass law I learned from a documentary on Gypsies.

http://www.woking.gov.uk/planning/envhealthservice/control/unauthencampfaqs

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
If you are not willing to tolerate the encampment any longer, you or your solicitor can go to a County Court and obtain an Order granting you possession of your land.

What the gently caress is this poo poo, so if you got squatters on your land, you have to get a court order saying its your land? What does the Queen own everything?

Hatchingtan, Burdenshot Road, Worplesdon.

Also that is the most British thing i've ever read.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
edit - woops, wrong thread.

chartley
Jul 1, 2004

Nessy says get tae

If you fear a breach in the peace (not the cool Scottish kind either) then you can nick them, move them and then de-arrest them.
Best thing in policing. Ever. Probably more so than boots or blue lights on cars.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost
http://www.cracked.com/article_20841_5-things-i-learned-as-cop-that-movies-wont-show-you.html

http://www.cracked.com/article_21181_5-things-i-learned-as-cop-movies-wont-show-you-part-2.html

I tink dat you fuckin' mooks might like those. It talks about liars, drunks, door kicking, and y'alls favorite: GEAR!!!!

How many of y'all knew that your dirty, sweaty bullet-armor has an expiration date?

The Shep
Jan 10, 2007

If found, please return this poster to GIP. His mothers are very worried and miss him very much.

Reign Of Pain posted:

How many of y'all knew that your dirty, sweaty bullet-armor has an expiration date?

I wear armor that expired in 2007.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

Mine went just last year. I'll wear it till it takes a bullet most likely :shrug:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

I get a new vest every couple of years so :shrug:

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I get a new vest every couple of years so :shrug:

Must be nice to work in a federal agency where it's not fashionable to dirty, tea-party(anti-american) scum to cut your budget

Is the excuse "These aren't my pants" that common?

Reign Of Pain fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 4, 2014

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

My MRAP came in.

To Do List

[ ] instill fear in the common man

[ ] subjugate/oppress minorities

[ ] donuts in a parking lot

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!
Choose your parking lot carefully and you can check off all three in like an hour and then spend the rest of the day sleeping doing reports

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

beanieson posted:

My MRAP came in.

To Do List

[ ] instill fear in the common man

[ ] subjugate/oppress minorities

[ ] donuts in a parking lot

Give us pictures, you selfish bastard

Branis
Apr 14, 2006

by VG
http://www.vice.com/read/on-patrol-with-north-londons-orthodox-jewish-patrol-group?utm_source=vicefbus

Jews on Patrol.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
Like to see what would happen if they patrolled in my neck of the woods where the youths routinely burn Israeli flags and graffiti nazi icons and 'Hamas' all over the local synagoge (It's a very Muslim area with an active and militant youth.) I've never worked with them but Hatzola (the Jewish Ambulance service) is meant to be poo poo hot and have a faster response time than the London Ambulance service, who are already genuinely very good.

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Like to see what would happen if they patrolled in my neck of the woods where the youths routinely burn Israeli flags and graffiti nazi icons and 'Hamas' all over the local synagoge (It's a very Muslim area with an active and militant youth.) I've never worked with them but Hatzola (the Jewish Ambulance service) is meant to be poo poo hot and have a faster response time than the London Ambulance service, who are already genuinely very good.

How big is nazism in the U.K. anyway?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
In the south east, almost non-existent. We have a problem with Islamo-fascism, there have been a few recent prosecutions where 'morality patrols' have been assaulting people drinking in public, gay couples or women in revealing clothing.

Thesoldier
Aug 15, 2004

Seek not greatness, but instead truth, and you shall find both.

beanieson posted:

My MRAP came in.

Add give free rides when the street is flooded

BECAUSE THATS ALL WE USE OURS FOR :mad:

Also loving Slenderman has almost claimed another victim, I've worked 3 Slenderman related suicides in the past 2 years

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

In the south east, almost non-existent. We have a problem with Islamo-fascism, there have been a few recent prosecutions where 'morality patrols' have been assaulting people drinking in public, gay couples or women in revealing clothing.

Drag a few out into the middle of the street in front of a mosque and reenact the climax from The Lottery. That should settle down the Allah brigade.

I would suggest Se7en-ing their rear end but y'all aint allowed guns right? Or is that some dumb myth they tell us in the colonies?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

Genocide Tendency posted:

I would suggest Se7en-ing their rear end but y'all aint allowed guns right? Or is that some dumb myth they tell us in the colonies?

Literally the only think stopping us having the worst campaign of domestically trained terrorism in the world is the fact that our public education system is utter poo poo and tends to produce feckless morons. 4 Lions is not only a fantastic film but it demonstrates the level of stupidity we have to deal with and the fact that incompetence foils more terrorist plots than the Police do.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

whats it like living in a 3rd world shithole?

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
The sad thing is, I grew up in the forests and farmlands of Kent where the most dangerous thing I would come across would be fox poo poo. I do wake up and wonder what went so loving wrong with my life that I decided to be a unpaid policemen in this fetid pisshole (actually it's because I got a yuppie job so my 9-5 pays more than I know what to do with)

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

whats it like living in a 3rd world shithole?

Thats not a nice thing to say about Boston.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Genocide Tendency posted:

Thats not a nice thing to say about Boston.

Thats about the nicest thing you can say about Boston tbqh

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009
This guy lived on my road for a while. As you can see, he is being helpful and letting people know that they are in a sharia controlled zone.

He got a 68 week sentence (which is like 10 life sentences in the US) for shouting at women, people drinking and hitting gay men. I mean, how dare he, that's what the Police are for. The cheeky ginger bastard is trying to take our jobs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

That's a really impressive neckbeard.

• Locked thread