Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

is this for real

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.

Anansi The Spider posted:

Honestly we had a high number of crazies, some really really wanted to get to CHMS and get mental chap'd, thus they would act crazy because the mentality is crazy is the easy way out.

And we didnt have buffers, all hand work, just tide chuggers

Is pretending to be crazy easier than just not doing anything? On our first day they took us down to the pull up bars on the PT field and one kid refused to do any. The 3 drill sgts all screamed in his face at the same time about being a pussy and refusing to train, but the kid was unfazed and was not having it. He was gone immediately and ended up in some hold over camp for scrubs for a few weeks before being sent home for "failure to adapt".

edit: the best one came like a month in, this skinny piece of poo poo that was always getting us in trouble refused to do anything in the middle of us all getting smoked. He got yelled at, started crying and proclaimed he was "gonna go to college!", the DS karate kicked the door open and shoved him into the stairwell. Same thing with that dude, hold over for a few weeks then sent home.

RichieHimself fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jun 5, 2014

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Man I remember we had people on the first day of reception start crying and trying to find ways out. I just don't get it, what did you think you were doing?

They made all but I think one guy go actual basic and only one of them kept it up. He refused to train and was sent to what was basically a punishment unit and told him he would serve the rest of his contract there. When I was graduating AIT I ran into one of my basic DSs and he said they got him back and he was actually doing ok.

Now getting hurt was a bad way to get out to. A guy compound fractured his leg and they pretty much just got every bit of work they could out of his crippled rear end until he could start basic again. He spent pretty much sun up to sun down doing CQ shifts, running errands, and towards the end sweeping rocks and stuff.

gleep gloop fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jun 5, 2014

Anansi The Spider
Jan 30, 2014

loved basic so much I decided to stay
Its a bit different now, refusing to train or acting crazy can get you stuck for 4 months. They dont factor that in when they act crazy. There wss a kid who refused to train amd stayed here for nearly 1 year.

Id never heard of stress fractures prior to this. We had a pt stud 9 1/2 minue 2 mile get em in his knees halfway through. BABQ(barely attempt barely qualify) is the best way to come out injury free.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Got my hook up for AT wifi. :madmax:

CLS class as a refresher blew until they sprung a surprise practical exercise and had real loving choppers come down and pick up litters after we called in the 9 line. That was pretty loving cool.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

NTT posted:

Got my hook up for AT wifi. :madmax:

CLS class as a refresher blew until they sprung a surprise practical exercise and had real loving choppers come down and pick up litters after we called in the 9 line. That was pretty loving cool.

Motherfucker, you got Dustoff for a CLS CLASS?

FTA.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Yeah they ran through the whole scenario from the 4 humvee convoy that they let us privates and poo poo drive, the 'IED' '''ambush''' that was on our little pre planned route; they even had some ready to go fake casualties that were using hollywood blood and some other cool special effects stuff to make it look realistic. Applied real tourniquets, put that bitch in the humvee while shooting blanks at op for, roll out and get to the LZ, and set up the radio and call in dustoff. 10/10 would AT again

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Where are you doing AT?

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

NTT posted:

Yeah they ran through the whole scenario from the 4 humvee convoy that they let us privates and poo poo drive, the 'IED' '''ambush''' that was on our little pre planned route; they even had some ready to go fake casualties that were using hollywood blood and some other cool special effects stuff to make it look realistic. Applied real tourniquets, put that bitch in the humvee while shooting blanks at op for, roll out and get to the LZ, and set up the radio and call in dustoff. 10/10 would AT again

That's a better scenario than I've ever been through, and I'm a loving AD medic. Jesus, I've never even been within spitting distance of a blackhawk.

AllDogsGoodDogs
Dec 30, 2008

FOURTH WAVE LESBRO posted:

That's a better scenario than I've ever been through, and I'm a loving AD medic. Jesus, I've never even been within spitting distance of a blackhawk.

The gently caress? We did that poo poo a lot in the 82nd.

Csixtyfour
Jan 14, 2004

Csixtyfour fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 7, 2014

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

They did several hours of MEDEVAC training with our medics during MOB.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

What kinda unit are you in? I'm in a ARNG Infantry BCT and we certainly have Blackhawks at times for training events, including simulated medivacs. Although, I've never got to ride on one. One landed next to my company CP last year and blew our porta shitter over. :saddowns:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

dont want your kids picture on a tranny website huh? prolly a good idea

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Just passed my own personal Normandy. Suck it, CrazyMike.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

NTT posted:

We're a field hospital medical company, so for our AT last month, in Alaska, your guys doing that brought the casualties to us (set up in a high school gym in Valdez, we stabilized them, then loaded them on a c130 to Fairbanks. Then we rode the Blackhawks to Fairbanks to monitor treatment. 10/10 would AT again.

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
cool stories

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
actually i guess i had some fun times with that kinda stuff, like rolling up to TCPs in a yukon denali blasting Tupac at max volume then everyone leans out a window shootin blacks at miserable lookin dudes in ACUs before we leave the training area to go get some real food and sleep in our own beds 10/10 would OPFOR again if it wasn't in such a poo poo location

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

friend of the family DEATH TURBO posted:

actually i guess i had some fun times with that kinda stuff, like rolling up to TCPs in a yukon denali blasting Tupac at max volume then everyone leans out a window shootin blacks at miserable lookin dudes in ACUs before we leave the training area to go get some real food and sleep in our own beds 10/10 would OPFOR again if it wasn't in such a poo poo location

makes sense, especially with your username.

TPSDude
Apr 7, 2011

Tank Goon

McSpatula posted:

Hard times ahead..
They cut off the Hot Water in my B's, nothing like an ice cold shower in the morning to wake you up if PT hasn't already. End times are coming to Ft. Hood, cricketgeddon will soon be upon us.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Is this a cost saving measure or something? :wtc:

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

TPSDude posted:

They cut off the Hot Water in my B's, nothing like an ice cold shower in the morning to wake you up if PT hasn't already. End times are coming to Ft. Hood, cricketgeddon will soon be upon us.

Lmao owned human being

NIGGER DEATH TURBO
Jul 4, 2013

by Lowtax
anyone still in deserves what they get

sforzacio
Nov 6, 2012

DoktorLoken posted:

Is this a cost saving measure or something? :wtc:

BUILDS DISCIPLINE

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Painsaw
Jul 3, 2008

Butts lol

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

anyone still in deserves rape

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
Becoming an officer is basically like going from being a bottom to a top. It's still gay as poo poo, but at the end of the day at least my rear end in a top hat doesn't hurt.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Where are you doing AT?

Gruber. It's rained every day but at least it hasn't been 105 F.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

Becoming an officer is basically like going from being a bottom to a top. It's still gay as poo poo, but at the end of the day at least my rear end in a top hat doesn't hurt.

It's a good thing you'll probably miss deploying as an officer, because the loggies here are getting their poo poo pushed in due to incompetent civilians and FGOs who don't know how to count.

psydude fucked around with this message at 13:20 on Jun 8, 2014

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby
Day 7 at NTC and
"The last unit had 80 sharp incidents."
I immediately think, "Pussy, you won't."

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger
This is our future. NTC becomes a 30 day field evaluation of SHARP, sex assault, and resiliency. It doesn't matter if you kill the opfor. Just don't rape them.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009
i have a feeling that we're going to have one because the hotel they put us in has one washer/dryer

one dude put a female's dry laundry on top of the dryer because she hadn't come for it in like 20 mins and he needed to use it

cue her franticly pacing around because now "someone knows what her bras and underwear look like"

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Man she better avoid apartment buildings with shared laundry at all cost, then, because that's guaranteed to happen all of the time if you don't pick your poo poo up.

psydude fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jun 8, 2014

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

This is our future. NTC becomes a 30 day field evaluation of SHARP, sex assault, and resiliency. It doesn't matter if you kill the opfor. Just don't look at the female latrines.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

i have a feeling that we're going to have one because the hotel they put us in has one washer/dryer

one dude put a female's dry laundry on top of the dryer because she hadn't come for it in like 20 mins and he needed to use it

cue her franticly pacing around because now "someone knows what her bras and underwear look like"

Man my barracks when I was active had like five washers for three floors of joes (but like twenty driers :v: )Whenever there was laundry left sitting there for hours it was ALWAYS a woman's, every god damned time. They used to bitch to their 1sg about us moving it and he would yell at us because he was probably loving them.

Red87
Jun 3, 2008

The UNE will prevail.

gleep gloop posted:

Man my barracks when I was active had like five washers for three floors of joes (but like twenty driers :v: )Whenever there was laundry left sitting there for hours it was ALWAYS a woman's, every god damned time. They used to bitch to their 1sg about us moving it and he would yell at us because he was probably loving them.

Where I'm at if you don't pick your stuff up and leave it there it's likely to end up tossed behind the washers into all the dust and crap, I've seen it more than a few times. Half the washers are broken so we're down to three. There's always that douche that will come in and take all 3 washers too because they only do laundry once a month or some other nasty stuff. Most of the dryers take like 2 hours to dry a load too. DPW came in and was like "yep they're broke" and tagged everything but that was in November, so who knows when this stuff will get fixed.

Also the 1SG of the unit that owns the barracks likes to sometimes go through and pick up all laundry that is left in the washers or dryers before PT because it's his policy that laundry shouldn't be done overnight. I can't wait to move back to the states to have my own place again.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
Oh yeah I forgot about the people who took up all the washers to separate their delicates and poo poo. gently caress you, just do different loads in the same washer instead of taking up literally all five.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The Army taught me about tolerance. White, colored, delicate, and tough clothes can all go in the same wash no problem!

• Locked thread