Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

gleep gloop posted:

Hmm literally EVERY SINGLE STUDENT says 8am classes are a bad idea. Whatever, nigga I'm cole.

How the gently caress did you guys manage the military if you can't make it to 8am classes consistently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Jarmak posted:

How the gently caress did you guys manage the military if you can't make it to 8am classes consistently?

If you didn't consistently and constantly sham out of having to do poo poo like getting up early or being in formations you are a loving idiot.

If you think leaving the military means life is now one long sham between formation runs, you are cole.

If you are cole you are a loving idiot.

But even cole shammed like a loving champ.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Jarmak posted:

uh cuz no ones gonna kick your door in and beat your loving rear end if you arent present for morning gender studies class

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Jarmak posted:

A: I was paid to be there during working hours
B: no choice in picking duty hours.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Jarmak posted:

Uhhh well idiot retard bitch I didn't have a choice then. If you have the ability to drink until 4 every night and stumble into class at 130 why the gently caress wouldn't you? UHHH WELL I GET UP EARLY AND GET MORE STUFF DONE AND SEIZE THE DAY ok cool grandpa finish your crosswords.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.
Look at me, I still get high and tight hair cuts, pick up cigarette butts at 0500 (5am for you turds out there) after reciting the rifleman's creed (aka the blood thirsty dnd motto) in skivvy shorts even though I'm a civilian now because I was brainwashed by the military. Watch me pack my day pack with a mre before I head to school 15 minutes early, so I can stand at parade rest by the door, and let everyone know they should address me by my rank that I have since been promoted to while in the IRR.

just kidding

Obviously we were poo poo lords in the military. Good thing we're out, huh?

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

gleep gloop posted:

Uhhh well idiot retard bitch I didn't have a choice then. If you have the ability to drink until 4 every night and stumble into class at 130 why the gently caress wouldn't you? UHHH WELL I GET UP EARLY AND GET MORE STUFF DONE AND SEIZE THE DAY ok cool grandpa finish your crosswords.

gently caress you I like my crosswords

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I thought Sudoku was what all the cool kids did these days

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

elite_garbage_man posted:

Look at me, I still get high and tight hair cuts, pick up cigarette butts at 0500 (5am for you turds out there) after reciting the rifleman's creed (aka the blood thirsty dnd motto) in skivvy shorts even though I'm a civilian now because I was brainwashed by the military. Watch me pack my day pack with a mre before I head to school 15 minutes early, so I can stand at parade rest by the door, and let everyone know they should address me by my rank that I have since been promoted to while in the IRR.

just kidding

Obviously we were poo poo lords in the military. Good thing we're out, huh?

I also keep my ACU/Marpat bugout bag because hey I already had it and I need all my BAH/book money to keep making payments on my 09 Mustang GT with a sick exhaust and two plugged tires.

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
You never know when you'll have to dump your gear and e&e because you run into a Muslim on campus. Getting beheaded in the pottery classroom is no way to go.

Funny story, some ROTC kid that I've had for a couple classes asked if I owned a particular Mustang because he saw a USMC sticker on it. lol

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

I thought we'd already established I'm not one of the cool kids

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Jarmak posted:

I thought we'd already established I'm not one of the cool kids

We didn't, life did.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
"Hey guys I'm Cole and I'm one stupid motherfucker." - Cole

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
Sometimes it can't be avoided, but if you can get something later in the day, do it. You'll thank yourself later. Plus it gives you more time to brush up on things before a test instead of doing it at the butt crack of dawn right after waking up.

elite_garbage_man fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 19, 2014

Mr. Samuel Shitley
Jun 15, 2007

by XyloJW

sudoku more like suckdoodoo

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Sometimes it can't be avoided, but if you can get something later in the day, do it. You'll thank yourself later. Plus it gives you more time to brush up on things before a test instead of doing it at the butt crack of dawn right after waking up.

Ya usually I'm up around 9 most days. I kinda enjoy having the option to keep homework or studying to the day of class. My gym time is usually at 10 anyway. I can't function in class without having several hours to gradually warm up my brain.

McSpatula
Aug 5, 2006

Jarmak posted:

Like the other guys said, it wasn't exactly a choice - you just had nothing better to do then. Now you actually enjoy your mornings for a change. :shrug:

I'm up at 6am every day, but I'd rather go to the beach and surf, then deal with whatever happens after that.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I don't have to be at work until 9am, and it's only a 30 minute drive, but I like making breakfast in the morning so I get up at 730-ish.

:ohdear: Am I brainwashed????

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

McSpatula posted:

Like the other guys said, it wasn't exactly a choice - you just had nothing better to do then. Now you actually enjoy your mornings for a change. :shrug:

I'm up at 6am every day, but I'd rather go to the beach and surf, then deal with whatever happens after that.

Oh I get why people wouldn't want to choose early classes, my comment was directed at the people who have early classes and then don't attend them, I don't really consider that a choice either.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

Thump! posted:

I don't have to be at work until 9am, and it's only a 30 minute drive, but I like making breakfast in the morning so I get up at 730-ish.

:ohdear: Am I brainwashed????

I work at 7 and it is a 15 minute drive, so I wake up at 6:30

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't know what the gently caress is going on lately but I've been waking up anywhere from 3-5am every goddamn day for a while now. I still have crash days, but most nights I'm taking in 3 hours and I'm up.

Although now that I have a regular-ish work schedule getting up at 5am ain't bad. Just means I have 3 hours to wake and bake my way to work a whole 3 minutes away from the house. Frank usually wants a walk that time of the morning anyhow, and I could probably step up the pace.

Goddamn I love this job.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jun 19, 2014

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Class before noon? gently caress. Guess I'm doing 36-48 hours up and 12 hours down the rest of the semester.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Sudoku puzzles are crosswords for people who don't know anything

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

at the date posted:

Sudoku puzzles are crosswords for people who don't know anything

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

gently caress, I graduated undergraduate and graduate school and now I work 8-5. I wonder if when the next war kicks off I can get some sort of post 9/11, or 5/15 *assuming the new war starts then* G.I bill so I can go back for another 6 years.

Nice and hot piss fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jun 20, 2014

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I get up at 5:45 every day because I'm retarded.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

It was way easier for me to pay attention in class when it was early. Afternoon classes would kick my rear end for whatever reason, so I loaded up on the morning ones.

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

Fart Sandwiches posted:

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
i get up a 730 for a paycheck gently caress this 545 nonsense

Ultimate Shrek Fan
May 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I get up at 5:20 to go to work

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

FIDEL CASHFLOW posted:

I work at 7 and it is a 15 minute drive, so I wake up at 6:30

same

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

Fart Sandwiches posted:

You beat traffic on the morning commute that way, it's a hard habit to shake

E: also mofos that don't shower in the morning are gross

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Snowdens Secret posted:

You beat traffic on the morning commute that way, it's a hard habit to shake

E: also mofos that don't shower in the morning are gross

Yeah for real shower you nasty. Quit rolling into class all greasy and smelly in your hosed up pajamas.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Yessss

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Make the tips orange

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT

Booblord Zagats posted:

Make the tips orange

Lol

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
http://store.fourguysguns.com/products/chairborne-ranger-pvc-patch

lol fixed

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
A thing of beauty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Worn proudly by pretty much every dude commenting on SOF videos on youtube