Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Clue: Zero
Want 1Password Safari Extension with TouchID authentication. :holy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

dialectics posted:

Has anyone who signed up for the beta even received a code? I'm not sure it's "ready" yet. The website says it will be available "soon"/"summer."

Pretty sure if you don't have a paid developer account you're not getting 10.10 from Apple anytime soon.

Does the new Xcode need 10.10, and can it run side by side with the old Xcode? Swift looks interesting and might convince me to buy a developer account but reading a book on it without a compiler to do code on doesn't seem like much fun.

Suppose I could always do a VM of Yosemite.

fordan
Mar 9, 2009

Choadmaster posted:

Given that during the keynote it was said "It even works if your phone is at the other end of the house!" I'm thinking/hoping it uses wifi.

The trick is that it's going to need to access the phone even when locked, and iOS turns off the wifi radio when locked except when plugged in. But then again, the example they use is charging on the other side if the house, so…

Still suspect Bluetooth though, especially for the hotspot stuff since you'd use that when you don't have a known Wifi network nearby.

• Locked thread