Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

I don't care how snug they fit, you're nuts!

double sulk posted:

10.10 looks like garbage poo poo for babies in person

No kidding. Flat-gray Finder with its skanky flat-gray buttons looks like a lovely late-90's Java app. Hopefully it's just something they haven't had time to refine yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

I don't see how to change to the dark appearance; perhaps this build doesn't have it. FYI just like iOS you can turn off the transparency stuff in the Accessibility settings.

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Bad news: I think you're gonna need Bluetooth LE support for the Continuity stuff. I haven't seen an official confirmation yet, though.

Given that during the keynote it was said "It even works if your phone is at the other end of the house!" I'm thinking/hoping it uses wifi.

fordan posted:

Does the new Xcode need 10.10, and can it run side by side with the old Xcode?

Xcode 6 is compatible with 10.9.3, and multiple versions of Xcode can happily coexist nowadays.

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

Subtle? If you're talking about OS X the change about as subtle as a slap to the face. Whether it's good or bad I won't judge until they're closer to finished, but at this point it definitely needs refining.

Nice new iOS 8 feature: when using the brightness control in the control center it removes the control center-related screen dimming so you can finally judge brightness accurately.

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

kode54 posted:

Slightly off topic, my favorite part about the bug tracking is that you're not entitled to check on bugs which you did not file. Even if one of your bugs is closed as a duplicate of another bug, all you'll be able to do is periodically refresh the bug status page to see if the duplicate line reports the actual bug as still open or closed.

Developers may expose their own proprietary information (code, contents of crash reports, etc.) in the details of their bug reports, and this must remain confidential to Apple.

• Locked thread