Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who on the card is the Too Sweetest?
John Cena
Bray Wyatt
Evolution
The Shield
Daniel Bryan
El Torito
AJ Styles
View Results

• Locked thread
Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
SHOULD YOU WATCH THIS EVENT?

Underwhelming build? Check. Feuds that feel like they’ve been going on forever? Check. Lack of Daniel Bryan? Check. I don’t care. On the Daniel Bryan Danielson Excitement Scale, I don’t care. Watch Best of the Super Juniors instead or something.

Welcome to Chicago, home of a guy who used to work here but now doesn’t but maybe he’ll return tonight and maybe he won’t he says he’s retired but they keep chanting his name and it’s never going to stop. This is the second annual Payback event, and like last year’s card, it looks fairly undesirable! Since Daniel Bryan got his neck broken by Kane throwing him around, the card suddenly looks a lot more weak than it did a few weeks ago. The matches should be good from a workrate perspective, but the builds have been so rote and cookie-cutter and repetitive and repetitive and repetitive that it makes it difficult to care. There are currently six matches scheduled for the main card, with another on the preshow. Let’s look at them, shall we?

:siren: THE PRESHOW STARTS AT 7:30 EST AND IS GOING TO BE REALLY GOOD I BET :siren:

The only feud with actual stakes and logical progression in the WWE, the El Torito vs. Hornswoggle feud has finally reached its conclusion: a luchas de apuestas match pitting El Torito’s mask vs. Hornswoggle’s hair. After a WeeLC match that stole the show at last month’s PPV, the two minis continued fighting, with Torito gaining wins over Heath Slater and Drew McIntyre in the process. Finally, the feud reached an unforgivable point last week, with Hornswoggle ripping off El Torito’s tail. The two rivals will settle their differences tonight with huge stakes on the line. Although, if El Torito found so much pain from losing his tail, wouldn’t tearing off his mask be like a beheading? Cartoon physics are confusing!

Rob Van Dam won a Beat the Clock challenge to face Wade Barrett. Wade Barrett has bad news. The bad news is that they will fight and it will be sloppy and probably bad.

Rusev likes the Clippers and hates black people. Coincidence?

Alicia Fox has recently become the latest woman in the “one Diva in the division is allowed to have a personality” stage, taking AJ Lee’s crazy gimmick to an entirely new level, going crazy at ringside, demanding announcers’ lunch money, giving ring crew atomic wedgies, and Stone Colding orange Fanta. Paige is meek and timid and not as good as the rest of the Diva’s division, getting beat up a lot and hitting a flash move to win, and not being allowed to have a personality. They’re having a match!

Since turning face for a night and immediately heel the night after WrestleMania, Cesaro has been floating in the Rob Van Dam ether, fighting and fighting and fighting. You know who else loves to fight? Sheamus won the United States Championship in an Authority-backed battle royal, and immediately showed signs of a heel turn. Daniel Bryan’s neck injury seemed to put the kibosh on it, and he moved into a feud with Cesaro, two freakishly strong men hitting each other with everything in their arsenal. Fight fight fight.

He’s got the whole world in his hands. He’s got the little bittle baby in his hands. He’s got the whole world in his hands. He’s got the whole Cenation in his hands. He’s got the whole world in his hands. He’s got the little bittle baby in his hands. He’s got the whole world in his hands. He’s got the whole Cenation in his hands. He’s got the whole world in his hands. He’s got the little bittle baby in his hands. He’s got the whole world in his hands. He’s got the whole Cenation in his hands.

(repeat 5000x)

Last Man Standing match. Devil child. Satan reincarnated. John Cena. John Cena?

John Cena

Here comes the fuckin’ fireworks factory. Since having a great match last month at Extreme Rules, the action between the Shield and Evolution has only ramped up, with sneak attacks all over the building, loss of titles, and beatdown after beatdown have led to this: a no DQ no holds barred elimination match between two of the most powerful factions in the WWE. This match is sure to be good, especially given the pedigree (pun intended) of the people in this match. Good match. Fun as heck. Our saving grace from the rest of this card.

ALSO ON PAYBACK:

Daniel Bryan must forfeit his championship to Stephanie McMahon or Brie Bella gets fired oh my god seriously

----

Be sure to make your picks in the WH2KPSP Prediction game, where I am almighty god king and emperor and great dude. Also on Fourdown although I’m not sure that anybody does Fourdown anymore. Do it anyway!

All this and more, live from Chicago!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Daniel Bryan is a terrible champion and tonight we'll find out if he's a terrible husband too

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I look forward to seeing baldswoggle.

Rest of the card will probably be okay unless they book bullshit in each match.

crackage
Sep 20, 2004

by Ralp

oatgan posted:

Daniel Bryan is a terrible champion and tonight we'll find out if he's a terrible husband too

really all this terrible poo poo happening to DB is like a built-in heel turn. it's "Cena Had The Worst Year" except with facts to back it.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
I am excited for a Sheamus match. gently caress this special event.

Shield/Evolution will be like 4 stars.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I can't wait to see Barrett kill RVD so I can go and play Mario Kart instead.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Thanks for the prediction game plug Maddox!

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
Hoping (praying) that the potential good matches deliver but man that build :smithicide:

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

If Cena wins I WILL complain on the internet.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Let's Go The Shield. With no infighting, please and thanks.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Daniel Bryan looks so much better in that gif up top than he does with his current look. Please go back to that, Bryan.

e: Its probably best to give Shield/Evolution nearly 45 minutes in hopes of making this show not suck.

Maybe we'll get lucky and a Big Show or ADR match will be added to the PPV at the beginning.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

oldpainless posted:

e: Its probably best to give Shield/Evolution nearly 45 minutes in hopes of making this show not suck.

Maybe we'll get lucky and a Big Show or ADR match will be added to the PPV at the beginning.

How about a 45 minute Big Show vs Del Rio match :getin:

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
This card stinks but the Shield match will probably be good and the Cena match will probably be hilariously bad. I'm torn.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I always thought it was 'toot sweet', which doesn't make any sense, but I swear they add a T at the end of TOO.

Barrett is stuck with the bloated corpse of RVD for his first ppv title match in five years, which I am not down with. Sheamus hits gold with Cesaro -- I expect a MOTY or HMOTY or one of those.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

How about a 45 minute Big Show vs Del Rio match :getin:

Big Show vs Del Rio is the highest quality program either man has had in years :eng99:

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
I hope Hornswoggle vs El Torito is half as good as the WeeLC match.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Please let Cena win so this feud can finally end

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Tonfa posted:

Big Show vs Del Rio is the highest quality program either man has had in years :eng99:

Del Rio vs Ziggler was the tits, sorryhappy to break it to you.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Del Rio vs Ziggler was the tits, sorryhappy to break it to you.

They had a great match and followed it up with

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Supreme Allah posted:

I always thought it was 'toot sweet', which doesn't make any sense, but I swear they add a T at the end of TOO.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Supreme Allah posted:

Barrett is stuck with the bloated corpse of RVD for his first ppv title match in five years, which I am not down with. Sheamus hits gold with Cesaro -- I expect a MOTY or HMOTY or one of those.

too sweet me Supreme Allah

too sweet me Bard Maddox

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Sweeney Tom posted:

Please let Cena win so this feud can finally end

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Too Sweet Me Bard

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

save_us.rapadoo please win this feud and end it and get bray into a feud with someone else so i can start giving a poo poo about him thanks

too sweet me

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

rapadoooooooooo

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
yep this bray feud has reached that point where some cena feuds get where you just end up begging cena to win and end it congrats wwe

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

too sweet me Bard Maddox

Too sweet.

Daniel Bryan posted:

Too Sweet Me Bard

Too Sweet!

Joey McChrist posted:

too sweet me

TOOOOO SWEEEEEET!!!

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Bard Maddox posted:

Too sweet.

Too Sweet!

TOOOOO SWEEEEEET!!!

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Ryback main evented this show last year. :psyduck:

crackage
Sep 20, 2004

by Ralp
brays time is up, cenas time is now

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

bradzilla posted:

Daniel Bryan ate a pin in a tag match last year too. With Orton as his partner. Against the Shield. Two months before his main event against John Cena at Summerslam.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Ninja PD
Jul 21, 2006
I saw Wrestlemania alone in a packed theatre but even that small crowd environment (literally a bit of every demographic) was amazing, also helped by the fact that the show was great (the Taker reaction had this great collective shock, the German dude in the 90 year old couple sitting next to me in the front row was fuckin livid). I'm in the half that enjoyed to campiness of Extreme Rules and regret not going again. I'm thinking I'll turn PPVs into a free Sunday night thing until I run into a sting of duds or something. After growing up on Raw, and years of stealing this poo poo, they've finally hooked me to a revenue stream I am more than willing to contribute to (even for lesser shows like this one is projected to be). That's why Vince is the greatest combat promoter of all time.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

bradzilla posted:

he went through an ambulance

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
So, a CM Punk appearance is probably the only thing that'll make this show interesting? (translation: nothing will make this show interesting)

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
I cannot believe how unexcited I am for this. I barely want to see anything. The Shield vs Evolution is going to be cool, but they have fought on every Raw (never officially, but every show ends with all 6 brawling) had a match at the last PPV, etc.

El Torito vs. Hornswoggle cannot top WeeLC, which was awesome. The rest, I honestly do not care. The Divas and Sheamus vs Cesaro might be good, but I don't really care about them.

Of course, in 2 hours I will probably be in front of my TV anyway. You win again Vince!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Ribsauce posted:

Of course, in 2 hours I will probably be in front of my TV anyway. You win again Vince!

What's the quote, 'this is the worst PPV I've ever seen and I'm not buying another one until next month'?

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Luigi Thirty posted:

What's the quote, 'this is the worst PPV I've ever seen and I'm not buying another one until next month'?

At least we have the WWE Network excuse now.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I hope John Cena overcomes his fear of small singing children by giving that child the FU and then puts him in the STFU.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crackage
Sep 20, 2004

by Ralp
I know a lot of people are already trashing this PPV but I think we have two ***(+) matches, the theatrics of Cena/Wyatt, and a possible good divas match in Alicia/Paige. I'm sure lots of people will be saying this PPV suprised them by tomorrow.

• Locked thread