Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

attackmole posted:

But he's ridiculously good looking so he's allowed to be boring.

Luke rockhold is good looking AND he has a cool story about making a nice bong in highschool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Anyone who references the Davis fight as to why Machida will lose is retarded. Machida should have won that fight but Brazilian judges seemed to decide that landing a take down in the last minute of the fight and doing nothing with it was worth more than getting kicked and punched and stuffed for the first four.

I don't think anyone understood why Davis won that fight. Even Dana said it was egregious but gave his old "don't leave it up to the judges" bullsht. Since then he looked amazing against Munoz and beat the piss out of mousasi.

Weidmans path to victory isn't necessarily the double leg or the striking exchanges. The latter he's far more likely to get hurt. It's the clinch game that's going to decide this one. If he can get inside Machida and press him, this ones as good as over. He'll beat him up there, get the body lock and find a way to finish or dominate enough rounds.

There's very little chance Weidman wins this one standing back at kickboxing range looking to trade or shooting a double from the outside. If he tries that Machida will work his body and drag him into the latest rounds where his work rate will increase dramatically.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Okay, Lyoto beat Phil Davis but lost to Dan Henderson. I will make this trade.

Also the list of attractive fighters starts with Luke Rockhold.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Machida probably did win that Davis fight but so little happened anyway that it really doesn't matter.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

-Atom- posted:

Machida probably did win that Davis fight but so little happened anyway that it really doesn't matter.

If you have fight pass it really is nuts on rewatch. Not as bad as say Jung Garcia but it's bad.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Haven't been home all weekend so I'm catching up on these 2 lovely cards.

-Joe Martinez owns, I wish they would can the loving british announcer and replace him with Joe
-I think Robert Whittaker isn't very good but he beat up Colton Smith so I'll tolerate his fights for a little longer.
-Neil Magny had a fight I guess? WHY IS HE STILL EMPLOYED
-Hioki/Aloe Vera ruled. Tough break for Hioki, but that was a really good grapply fight.
-Jared Rosholt did a thing I guess.
-A light heavyweight got manhandled by a welterweight. I'm glad that UFC Fight Pass has brought the spirit of Pride back. We even got a Pride-esque intro!

-Johnny Bedford is a big baby. Thanks for interviewing him, Heidi Andrlol
-Colton getting owned is never not funny.
-The Oplot guy is pretty cool at beating trashweights but isn't he losing the conflict in Ukraine right now?

Okay that's all the bad MMA I can stomach for now, I'll watch the rest of the FS1 card when I'm drunker.

ps gently caress Colton Smith and Neil Magny

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
I know it's fun to poo poo on Neil Magny but he's been looking better and better with every consecutive fight, and after this weekend he might be the only dude left from the Carwin/Nelson season including the winner Colton Smith.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
My favorite Neil Magny thing is despite seeing him fight a few times I completely forget everything about him once he's off the screen

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

-Atom- posted:

I think variety in GDTs would be kind of fun, like kensei had some good ones, but it seems the MMA side of PSP largely doesn't give a poo poo so I just kept the same bad template with a bunch of boring non-info and whatever snack I found first in the sites I cylce through for cooking ideas

just throwing that out there

I'd be happy enough to do a GDT as I'm not as busy as grad students and think it'd be fun, I've just never offered because I knew it was other posters' things and I hardly ever post in GDTs anyway.

Also my girlfriend says Rockhold is the hottest fighter, Weidman is second hottest and she was into Condit when I first got her into MMA (she likes scruffy guys) but he doesn't really do it for her anymore. Take that for what you will in this weird and gay conversation we're having.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Your girlfriend may be a lesbian.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Dangersim posted:

Your girlfriend may be a lesbian.

I look the most like Roy Nelson irl so you may be onto something

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Show her a picture of Tonya Evinger and see what she says.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Meat Recital posted:

Show her a picture of Tonya Evinger and see what she says.

No interest. She thinks Ronda is pretty and that's her favorite fighter; she does not find Meisha Tate attractive and insists she would feel that way even if she did not hate her.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Shogun and Machida are severely under apperciated in the hottest dudes in UFC category

Agent Tough Juice
May 21, 2007

People! I'd like to say a couple words for you: If you have a dream in your life... go head! It's a possible! Go head! I can do that!
No one I have ever dated has ever seemed the least bit attracted to anyone fighting on the cards I've tricked them into watching with me. This has led me to the unassailable conclusion that girls don't like guys with lots of muscles.

Someone make this a Sports Science segment.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Every fighter has good abs but are insane and have faces like a boxers corpse so girls don't like them. I'm sorry.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

my girlfriend said Barao looks like a monkey and cited his victory dance as further proof, then stated she can say that because she's Mexican. it's more fun if watching MMA with your girl is learning about how racist they are

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

maffew buildings posted:

my girlfriend said Barao looks like a monkey and cited his victory dance as further proof, then stated she can say that because she's Mexican. it's more fun if watching MMA with your girl is learning about how racist they are

No wonder they always like the Aryan looking fighters.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

maffew buildings posted:

This is turning into that Jake Gylenhall movie where there are two Jake Gylenhalls.
My girlfriend did this exact thing last night. She also now loves Dillashaw, claiming he looks like a puppy.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dillashaw is cute as a button.

My sister calls Machida fetus head. Claiming he looks like an unfinished fetus.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

No wonder they always like the Aryan looking fighters.

She also raged out at the UFC Mexico promos with Cain Velasquez when she found out he's not from Mexico, stating "he's gringo, he's not Mexican. why they say he's Mexican he is not". So maybe she's a nationalist I dunno

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

UFC Mexico's announce team featuring Werdum taking every chance to call each other homosexuals is pretty awesome too.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

maffew buildings posted:

She also raged out at the UFC Mexico promos with Cain Velasquez when she found out he's not from Mexico, stating "he's gringo, he's not Mexican. why they say he's Mexican he is not". So maybe she's a nationalist I dunno

Mine adores Cain Velasquez. It's how I tricked her into getting into the sport, showing him beating the poo poo out of Lesnar.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
One of my exes thought Pat Barry was hot as hell because she saw some of him being a dumbass in interviews.

She also thought Chael Sonnen was mad fuckable but only after his promos.

She was cool.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Captain Log posted:

One of my exes thought Pat Barry was hot as hell because she saw some of him being a dumbass in interviews.

She also thought Chael Sonnen was mad fuckable but only after his promos.

She was cool.

Well at least you know she's not a size queen.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

maffew buildings posted:

in fairness your gf probably hasn't played enough rpgs to correctly identify him as a goblinoid

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Lyoto isn't even in like the top 50 handsome fighters, how high are you

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Mods?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I think he's imagining Lyoto 205, not Lyoto 185 + Head & Shoulders.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

This thread took an odd turn.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Brandon Thatch is kinda scrumptious.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(
Stop objectifying fighters

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Bundt Cake posted:

OPs need to be modified with a top 10 P4P SMV ranking.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Frankly as long as you keep not talking about your masturbation habits you can talk about which fighters you find attractive all you like

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

All girls think GSP is hot. All off them.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Bundt Cake posted:

for a long time you guys only had Tim Sylvia to talk about so sexual discussion never crossed your minds. A byproduct of modern MMA is everybody is an athlete with proper diet so there's gonna be more talk about the attractiveness of tyron woodley

I'm not even sure how many normal looking guys are fighting anymore.

DAS Super!
Jul 26, 2007
You should probably pay more attention to your log.
/
:backtowork:

Dangersim posted:

Everyone with a pulse thinks GSP is hot.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Dangersim posted:

This is so true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

DAS Super! posted:

Everyone with a pulse thinks GSP is hot.

I still give my brother poo poo about saying GSP had/has a perfect body and I'm the one who said he looked like a condom stuffed with walnuts.

• Locked thread