Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

J.A.B.C. posted:

Mookie - Because this dead horse still needs beating

Yeah, and he's got two panels so he can shill both Dominic Deegan and Starpower. Glad I'm not the only one who hates this.

Sadly, Anime Hell got cancelled because someone didn't turn in the application in time.

w00tazn posted:

Parking at the Anatole sucks, there's only one free lot and it usually fills up pretty drat quickly.

Also, on the other side of the freeway and there's indication that you get to pay for that privilege without getting a shuttle to the hotel (or back again). I'm considering going to the Park & Ride over in Market Center, but don't know what DART considers "long-term parking".

Edit:

Also, I need to shill this, but there's going to be an A-Kon after-party Sunday at the Lizard Lounge in Deep Ellum. If the Anatole is too expensive to get drunk at, and it is, at least the Lounge is going to be there.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Jun 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

J.A.B.C. posted:

I intend on attending the panel, just to make Dominic Doogan jokes and go 'bluh wuh bluh huhhhhh' noises.

Good luck with that. Terraciano gives very little openings in his Memorable Heroes & Villains panel. The whole thing is pretty much canned frtom a script he's memorized for nearly ten years at this point, one you can watch multiple times on Youtube.

The only advantage I can think of is that the Heroes panel is being held at a later time, which will likely cut down on his audience.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

J.A.B.C. posted:

I still can't believe he's doing a memorable heroes and villains panel. The only person I remember from DD is the main character and his love interest, and all the villains are simply plain sorts of 'I hate you, I must kill you' or 'rargh argh destroy/rule everything' characters. They're as shallow as a puddle.

Honestly, I remember more about the stupid cat than I do about the whole last villain thing.

It's also clear that he doesn't follow his advice if you're familiar with his work. Fortunately for him, most people at A-Kon usually don't.

J.A.B.C. posted:

On the schedule, He's supposed to be at Peacock Terrace at 7:45 on Friday, doing his 'Unique Heroes and Memorable Villains' panel.

Eh, if they do something else, then it just means that block of time is free.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm going to the panel on writing webcomics around that time. I don't know what Amya or Paradoxicals is, though.

That's how I view it. I can either make a lovely attempt to troll and potentially get kicked out of the Kon and lose $60 or I can do something else worthwhile.

Also, I thought his "Unique Heroes" panel was on Saturday evening, but I guess. It'll be interesting if he shows to that, since he's never made any of his Friday evening webcomic panels in the past.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I'm pretty much about to give up on Friday and just go tomorrow after figuring out a better way to bus it there. Found out the hard way that the Market Center Park & Ride wasn't going to be a good answer when the DMC chained up the skyway.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

K, finally made it here. Had to DART into Market Center. I'm likely going to spend the money I set aside for registration on getting drunk in the hotel bar (for how long that'll last).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

J.A.B.C. posted:

Welp, that looks like that was it for this year. Great stuff, though. I won 20 bucks from LittleKuriboh, got counted in a record attempt, and got a llama drawing. I spent too much, regretted too little and did things that should never be spoken of.

Some advice for myself: next year, make the thread at least a month out for better cooperation, and work on my posts.

See you all next year, i guess. I dunno.

I'm really hoping the parking issues and the whole sealing off Artist Alley get fixed or something. That was more than annoying.

Anyway, JABC, I'd really suggest starting a thread for AnimeFest coming in August 15-18. It's being held at the Sheraton Downtown, which is where A-Kon was held for almost ten years, and they seemed to really have it together, even better than A-Kon. Also, since the hotel doesn't control everything, parking is $5/day, there's plenty of food choices with Plaza of Americas and Deep Ellum within walking distance, and the site is easily accessible by DART since Arts District stop is right next to the hotel.

• Locked thread