Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
From personal experience, it really does seem like the earlier you make a post about a convention, and the more effort you put into it, the more Goons actually seem interested in attending (more likely, of course, they are just not bothering to respond to low-effort posts [yours was a fine post but yeah the timing was rough]).

Oh and I was there and suddenly thought "wait, I bet there was a thread" only after the fact. I do not live in Dallas nor do I imagine I will ever be here again and I have not actually watched anime intentionally since the 1990s, all of which were all the more reasons to attend!

My highlight was getting a picture with an enormous teddy bear that I am told was from """BLEACH"""

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

J.A.B.C. posted:

Also, just to check, would the thread be opposed to some sort of convention megathread? Where we could post up pics for those who couldn't make it, talk about panels and just be nerds in general?

If there is interest, I think I know a couple of websites with convention schedules and stuff. I could post up some soon-time meets, get interest going, make it a proper megathread.

I hope to attend again, but I most likely will be going to whatever local thing I can get to, honestly. And, hey, there's nothing wrong with that.

Did you go as anything, or did you just sit at the lounge, get drunk, and wonder what all the furries were doing there?
I imagine everyone could get behind a convention megathread. Or at least I know we got behind one in Traditional Games ... though admittedly it fell into the archives during a slow part of the year, sadly.

I was in the area for training and the nerdiest thing I had with me was a Wasteland 2 t-shirt, so I was apparently dressed as "Quarex stereotype." I did see several of the people you have pictures of on Sunday in very similar locations to where you saw them, so either they did not move or we nearly encountered each other (each equally likely, really). The two dudes I came with were both more into anime than I am, so I spent most of my time just wandering the exhibitor areas to look for stuff to buy. I mostly bought my requisite Japanese chocolates and, shamefully, a Che Guevara parody shirt. But somehow Pikachu's face just caught me so off-guard ... :(

Also the last woman in the Saturday photos is unnaturally gorgeous. But as far as I can tell she is cosplaying as "dirty mechanic."

• Locked thread