Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mud Shark posted:

No job drop this month and good luck getting assigned something at MEPS these days. My job is to prepare my mind and body to be a glorious warrior Airman and shed enemy blood for the blood god by running a mile and a half at a medium pace. I know it's disgusting to say but I think I actually enjoyed MEPS. I'm 27 so everyone left me alone and the staff got me through really quick. It was also fun and way too easy to gently caress with the out of shape idiots enlisting in the Army.

(they said I'm most likely to get weather next job drop)

Are most likely or in writing for contract? I don't want to make any assumptions, but I'm guessing you are not in a position to wait for your dream job. Don't let people get you down on that.

Last minute your recruiter will mention that if you sign up for 6 years you get A1C (level 3 air force) and preference for job choice. Don't do it. The difference in pay is 3000$ and then it equals out around the 2.5 year mark. If you hate the life that's 2 more years you have to suffer. If you love the life then that is one less shot at cross training or reenlistment bonuses. It is a bad deal both ways. Culturally A1Cs Airmen and Airmen Basics are all treated the same way, like the subhuman trash they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012
They are saying "most likely" so I know nothing is a guarantee, but apparently Weather is sort of in demand right now and they've seen it drop a bit recently and go unclaimed and poo poo back out to the aptitude enlistees at BMT. I'd rather get Cyber Transport cause that's what I really want, but apparently everyone else does too. I have a big advantage because the recruiter I deal with is the new guy in the office, so I'm at the top of his list which according to them means when they do the "draft" for jobs I'm gonna be a first rounder if something I want comes up.

I'm aware of the 6 year thing, but depending on the job that I end up with it might not matter. Most of the jobs on my list are year long tech schools which pretty much forces you into 6 anyway from what I understand.

It was indirectly suggested by the office commander that since they know I'm on a time crunch and regardless of what my actual list says I might be able to cherry pick the drop to a certain extent. Apparently they've had a ton of people drop out or get DQed lately so they don't want the kids who pull that kind of poo poo to screw my age eligibility.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Unless things have changed there are about 2 jobs you have to sign up for 6 for and PJ is one and I'm pretty sure the other one is also one of the spec-ops jobs. Don't sign the gently caress up for 6 years.

Clef
May 26, 2013

Cenen posted:

Unless things have changed there are about 2 jobs you have to sign up for 6 for and PJ is one and I'm pretty sure the other one is also one of the spec-ops jobs. Don't sign the gently caress up for 6 years.

Air traffic control also requires a six year contract. I guess it wasn't always that way, but it has been for the last several years. I don't know any controllers with less than ten years in that didn't sign with a six year contract.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

Mud Shark posted:

I have a big advantage because the recruiter I deal with is the new guy in the office, so I'm at the top of his list which according to them means when they do the "draft" for jobs I'm gonna be a first rounder if something I want comes up.

Seriously, never believe a single thing a recruiter tells you.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Mud Shark's gonna be a cop.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Godholio posted:

Mud Shark's gonna be a cop.

Or something that starts with 2A

or if he's really lucky 2W

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012
Nah I'm not believing it until I see it however given the way they move the jobs from the commander to each individual recruiter it isn't completely out of the question that I could get something I want. That being said, I know I only have 7 months or so of eligibility so I might have to eat the poo poo sandwich sooner rather than later. I'm also not so sure that this guy has been doing the job long enough to know the game except for exactly what is on the paperwork, so that makes it easier to wade through the bullshit. I'm almost positive that if he books me a job at the next drop that I'd be the first guy he successfully recruited.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Mud Shark posted:

I have a big advantage because the recruiter I deal with is the new guy in the office, so I'm at the top of his list which according to them means when they do the "draft" for jobs I'm gonna be a first rounder if something I want comes up.

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012
I'll take whatever glimmer of hope I can get when I see other DEPrs who have been waiting for 6 months and still don't have a job.

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

I waited 7 months for my job, and I do think regret it in the least. Recruiter kept trying to get me to ship early, "Dude, being a cop us awesome!"

PicnicBasket
Mar 21, 2010

Mud Shark posted:

I have a big advantage because the recruiter I deal with is

Let me tell you a story of love and disappointment in The World's Greatest Air Force. A good friend of mine, whom I had known long before either of us decided we wanted to join this grand community of High Flyers, Fighters, and Winners, told me one day of his success with the Air Force Delayed Entry Program. His exceptional performance on the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery led to his recruiters favoring him over the other, lesser beings standing next to him at his DEP Commander's Calls. He was fit enough for special forces, and hid recruiters gave him first pick of the new Air Force Specialty Codes when they dropped. He would join this Air Force as a Combat Photographer. After signing his contract, we bid each-other farewell. His mission: report to Lackland Air Force Base. Four weeks pass, and I receive a call from him. "Yeah, man, they lost my contract and now I'm a cop."

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sign up for Command Post I love my life & my unit and I'm so happy and please god help me give me the quick release of death

please

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

powerful weedlock posted:

Sign up for Command Post I love my life & my unit and I'm so happy and please god help me give me the quick release of death

please

Nigga you gay

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012
Well either way if I join the brave and honorable warrior airmen police cops at least I can retra...

I'm betting there is no retraining option for SF, eh?

At the very least I'll try to work an automatic shaving waiver into my contract so I can look the part.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Drop your OTS package as soon as you can.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

People like mud are the reason we have to do suicide CBTs and down days. It's always painful watching this process.

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012

nullscan posted:

People like mud are the reason we have to do suicide CBTs and down days. It's always painful watching this process.

Ultimately I'm hoping that I can keep my anal virginity from the giant blue penis until I'm at least in tech school.

I did enjoy our two sexual assault briefings at MEPS before 9AM though.

hlfrk414
Dec 31, 2008

Mud Shark posted:

Ultimately I'm hoping that I can keep my anal virginity from the giant blue penis until I'm at least in tech school.

I did enjoy our two sexual assault briefings at MEPS before 9AM though.

Well then, you'll enjoy SAPR down days. A whole day of it, with group discussion and play acting. Joy of joys.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Here's a sample

How come girls be acting all upset when we call them a bitch? It's like how us white guys aren't allowed to say friend of the family

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012
They just need to play this song and the insatiable urge to rape/be insensitive will melt away~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLEZunJmyjw

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I was able to say friend of the family casually and often throughout most of my career, until we'd get one that wasn't cool with it then we had to Schuck and Jive and do the IG dick dance.

Meanwhile I never once pulled the MEO card in Christs own Air Force despite being one kikey motherfucker, I just rolled with it. They got to be anti Semitic and we all got to say friend of the family and did our best to casually make sure we knew amongst Airmen Superiorus which of the domesticated Airmen Negrorectus were dependable and came from hard working stock and had good teeth, and which ones were shiftless no account examples of their breed which needed to go to the MPF and or Command Post or Ops desk at whichever squadron has the token black pilot.

My point was if you can't say friend of the family at work your boss is literally hitler.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

I offended our Guam guy by saying he should act angry and ethnic in front of the new skinny/white officer we got whom I'd already told would get hosed up if he said the wrong thing to him

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

I offended our Guam guy by saying he should act angry and ethnic in front of the new skinny/white officer we got whom I'd already told would get hosed up if he said the wrong thing to him

Should have told the officer he was from Samoa or some other island no one cares about. Motherfuckers get heated with their intra archeplago racism.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

KirbyKhan posted:

Motherfuckers get heated with their intra archeplago racism.
Truth.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

KirbyKhan posted:

Should have told the officer he was from Samoa or some other island no one cares about. Motherfuckers get heated with their intra archeplago racism.

people from guam dont like being called guamanian but i can never remember the stupid word they have for themselves so w/e

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

genderstomper58 posted:

people from guam dont like being called guamanian but i can never remember the stupid word they have for themselves so w/e

"like mexican japanese or something....philippino?"

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

"like mexican japanese or something....philippino?"

i think it sounds like churro but i can't ever remember

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

Here's a sample

How come girls be acting all upset when we call them a bitch? It's like how us white guys aren't allowed to say friend of the family

Also, they wouldn't be dressing that way if they didn't want it, furthermore

And the all time classic: well what if we're both drunk, doesn't that mean it like cancels out so how can I rape anyone if I'm drunk?

CAF days can actually be cool though if you have a decent unit, my upcoming one is going to involve going hiking on a Friday and then drinking beer.

genderstomper58 posted:

i think it sounds like churro but i can't ever remember

chamoro

that's how you pronounce it, no idea how you spell it, I think maybe it has two r's or something

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

iyaayas01 posted:

chamoro

that's how you pronounce it, no idea how you spell it, I think maybe it has two r's or something

lol oh yeah

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd

I want a churro now though, those things are delicious

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.
Just celebrated my buddy putting on Master by going to Rock am Ring and living for five days in an apocalyptic wasteland of vomit and shattered beer bottles. Got front row for Slayer. Everything loving hurts and we took some Polish girls with really tight asses to our tent for s'mores and cock and I think they stole our grill when we passed out.

Tomorrow I have to go back to work and do pee tests and EPRs and pretend I give a poo poo about it. I'll totally suck someone at AFPC's gonhorrea riddled devil cock if they just COT me back into Germany. Or start drinking more I really haven't made a firm decision yet.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
I was thinking the navy and their the earth is 70% covered by water poo poo, if they didn't notice the earth is surrounded 100% by air so heh

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

invision posted:

I was thinking the navy and their the earth is 70% covered by water poo poo, if they didn't notice the earth is surrounded 100% by air so heh

That was G.I. Bill money well spent, Invision. Is next semester colors or shapes?

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

invision posted:

You're thinking too small: the USAF owns space. I weep at your lack of appreciation for God's own angels of vengeance. Not officer* material.

This has been your Slippery memorial post. FTGAF.

*Officer - from the Greek word for head human being.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Mud Shark posted:

(they said I'm most likely to get weather next job drop)
lmao

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

Derek Dominoe posted:

You're thinking too small: the USAF owns space. I weep at your lack of appreciation for God's own angels of vengeance. Not officer* material.

This has been your Slippery memorial post. FTGAF.

*Officer - from the Greek word for head human being.

Officer material is pretty much knowing how to make the most money doing the least work possible.

Me? I got a useless degree at a party school and then got a job sitting around in a self-flying metal tube that delivers me to per diem locations. Hell, I'm not even in charge of people which is p. much the whole reason officers were invented.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Rekinom posted:

Officer material is pretty much knowing how to make the most money doing the least work possible.

Me? I got a useless degree at a party school and then got a job sitting around in a self-flying metal tube that delivers me to per diem locations. Hell, I'm not even in charge of people which is p. much the whole reason officers were invented.

well at least youre not trying to make it sound like more than it is any more

~combat missions~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

genderstomper58 posted:

well at least youre not trying to make it sound like more than it is any more

~combat missions~

Caring about what you did in the military is like taking pride in being the best cotton picker on the plantation.

but i'm legit glad you're here to keep score.

• Locked thread