Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

shyduck posted:

why did they do this

russian surge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Also, why lower the score? Was 36 really that hard to get, because I saw a lot of dumb motherfuckers make it through

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
stupid motherfuckers who probably wont be able to pass their 5-level test need to get a job too

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012

shyduck posted:

why did they do this

Recent article (AF Times maybe) says that only 1 out of 5 people who walk into a recruiter's office are fit for service, largely due to people being fat as gently caress. They have to keep the pipeline full of fresh bodies cause it doesn't make sense to scale down BMT and tech school, so if today's kids are fat loving scumbags you gotta make the pool a bit bigger to keep the bodies flowing.

The age thing makes sense since most of the AF jobs are not all that physical, but the score requirement going down seems pretty dumb. Seeing the Army guys at MEPS and knowing what their low watermark for testing is, a 31 probably means that you are basically retarded.

EDIT: when I tested less than a month ago, the requirement was a 50, not a 36. It's an even bigger drop.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Just finishing off the last days of my TDY to Nelli's. I've been drunk for 80% of my off time and 20% of my work time. Surprisingly enough, no major incidences or dropped lines. But I'm sure in 6 weeks we'll all get briefings on GTC card purchases because I know A1C Cornfed fed his GTC into the Little Darlings ATM.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

shyduck posted:

why did they do this

Russia?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
replace tops in blues with a scratched up dos gringos album, then maybe we can afford more jets to murder browns

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010

CaptainStag posted:

You could be back at Minot, is it really that bad? I know having overbearing leadership and an obnoxious curfew sucks, but there's gotta be something positive about where you are.

You make me think of all those idiots I was with in Okinawa who complained about wanting to go back because they "miss Wal-Mart and snow."

No, I actually love this place. Mostly I'm just an alcoholic (due to Minot). The database being down didn't let me post that I'm now taking medication for the next six months that won't let me drink. So I'm a bit upset about that, but seriously I would rather gargle my liquid oxygen and die a horrific death then go back to North Dakota.

That being said I just had a CC call where he read through each line of a climate survey and told us how all how we were wrong about our answers.

edit: really though, this place is so awesome that I have trouble comprehending how I managed to live five years of my life in Minot without trying to kill myself. Korea is by no means ideal, but it's such a massive improvement that I'm starting to think it should be criminal to sentence anyone to Minot.

smertrioslol fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Jun 26, 2014

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Mud Shark posted:

Max enlistment age raised to 39. AFQT score requirement lowered to 31.

I welcome all of the old dumb fuckers who can now join.
I see a story about max enlistment age being raised, but nothing about the AFQT requirements being lowered.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
Going in to work to explain "Yes I made Tech, yes I'm still getting the gently caress out in a month lololol"

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

I see a story about max enlistment age being raised, but nothing about the AFQT requirements being lowered.

I read it on af.mil but now that I'm trying to go back to the article it says it's no longer available. Someone might have just hosed up by adding that on there or maybe that was a change for the Air Guard. I'll see if I can find a source to post.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

Going in to work to explain "Yes I made Tech, yes I'm still getting the gently caress out in a month lololol"

Maybe they can get a new reg passed that says if you make a new rank, either going up or down, you can't get out for a year after making the rank. We didn't put this much investment into you to let it go to waste.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I got out a few months after making staff on my first try but well before I could sew on, and the amount of butthurt from several people at my decision was the one of the greatest feelings of my life.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

chemosh6969 posted:

Maybe they can get a new reg passed that says if you make a new rank, either going up or down, you can't get out for a year after making the rank. We didn't put this much investment into you to let it go to waste.

They already do that in order for you to take and retire at certain ranks.. However, like all things of that nature it's congressionally driven not an AFI thing.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
is it normal that close to your first year in, you realize that you hate everything you used to love because it just fills the blur between one horrible shift full of bullshit and the next + is spiced with stupid rear end meetings and poo poo like some kind of depressing fruitcake

if so im basically airman of the year

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

Obama Africanus posted:

They already do that in order for you to take and retire at certain ranks.. However, like all things of that nature it's congressionally driven not an AFI thing.

Let's all call our congresspeople to help war crime out.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Larry Parrish posted:

is it normal that close to your first year in, you realize that you hate everything you used to love because it just fills the blur between one horrible shift full of bullshit and the next + is spiced with stupid rear end meetings and poo poo like some kind of depressing fruitcake

if so im basically airman of the year

What you need to realize is that your real life is the Air Force. Those people at home aren't your family, THIS IS YOUR FAMILY. Learn to love the uniform. If your priorities are different from your boss's, YOU HAVE THE WRONG PRIORITIES. Forget about anything outside these walls.

Actual words from a commander last week.

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~
Sometimes I feel cheated that I don't get to experience a CC call with that level of ridiculousness. It's like I'm missing out on a whole different AF experience that I've heard about but have never seen.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

chemosh6969 posted:

Totes, bro

They offered me the NCOIC position of DOT and I just laughed at them

There are some people upset that I "stole a stripe" tho

Way I look at it, I didn't crack a book open and made it - they should've studied harder if they really cared

Rekinom
Jan 26, 2006

~ shady midair gas hustler ~

~ good hair ~

~ colt 45 ~

Totes, bro

They offered me the NCOIC position of DOT and I just laughed at them

There are some people upset that I "stole a stripe" tho

Way I look at it, I didn't crack a book open and made it - they should've studied harder if they really cared

on your last day, buy some TSgt rank and then burn it in front of all the people who didnt make it

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Rekinom posted:

Sometimes I feel cheated that I don't get to experience a CC call with that level of ridiculousness. It's like I'm missing out on a whole different AF experience that I've heard about but have never seen.

Jokes on you, that's the standard you're held to even if they don't say it aloud.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Seriously I have to deal with this every time someone who is about to test asks me how I studied. I didn't. I don't know what to study for the waps test. Just don't be a retard I guess. I honestly don't understand how people who actually study can get like 30s and 40s on their components. That's a failing grade. I've never read a PDG and passed it. This is retard mode stuff.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

Seriously I have to deal with this every time someone who is about to test asks me how I studied. I didn't. I don't know what to study for the waps test. Just don't be a retard I guess. I honestly don't understand how people who actually study can get like 30s and 40s on their components. That's a failing grade. I've never read a PDG and passed it. This is retard mode stuff.

Cojawfee posted:

How'd I make E-6 before I was 35? By looking like I'm 41 and live in my mothers basement. Haha study your book faggots, I'll be waxing my dome and humble bragging about how naturally my autism fits with the USAF enlisted promotion system. I also got a sick M:TG deck going too but it was way harder to put together than making Tech Sergeant, seriously guys :smug:. I might not be a DrCuntMuffins alt but I'm a commo brony human being USAF spergtard aerocyberspace human being all the same folks. Please ejaculate onto my pleasently aerodynamic and high shined dome as I enjoy the sensation of mens semen covering me so much more than the hugs I didn't get as a child for being such a loving cliff baby.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
Lol, our career field had a 9% selection rate. Staff numbers should be hilarious.

We just got a new commander and the dude lip smacks a bunch when he talks. If it keeps up I'm gonna start looking forward to commander's calls.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

My studying for course 3 consisted of leaving my books in the bathroom and glancing over them once in a while pooping. Took the first test 2 weeks later and passed. They ended up dropping the pass rate on the test to the high 60s because stupid people kept failing.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rekinom posted:

I've noticed they don't say stuff like that outright to the pilots or CSOs. However, plenty of the officers trying to take TERA or VSP mentioned getting a 'private talk' that was basically 'flying is more important than your family'. Lol.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Casimir Radon posted:

My studying for course 3 consisted of leaving my books in the bathroom and glancing over them once in a while pooping. Took the first test 2 weeks later and passed. They ended up dropping the pass rate on the test to the high 60s because stupid people kept failing.

I don't know what is more gay, all the AF humble brags, or just how gay the accomplishments even by AF standards are that are being bragged about in here.

When you faggots aim high for placing the bar on gayness you loving fly fight and win in air space and cyberspace above all other faggots.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Larry Parrish posted:

I've noticed they don't say stuff like that outright to the pilots or CSOs. However, plenty of the officers trying to take TERA or VSP mentioned getting a 'private talk' that was basically 'flying is more important than your family'. Lol.

:stare:

What's so loving great about your family? gently caress your family. I'd murder your family, and everyone they ever loved for that matter.. Ritualistically for that matter, all to fly F-22's or F-15's for a living.

I'm not kidding. That loving newborn first born son of yours? I'd drink the blood of it's forebears going back to at least the time of Negro Jazz and Heroin being mainstream right out of a cup fashioned from your Pop-Pops mishappen skull. I'd do it while wearing a cod piece I fashioned from freshly harvested face and 550 cord, while ritualistically asking mannequins covered in your parents skin if they were ready to pull chocks.. All just to fly one of those planes for a living.

gently caress you and your whole gay family if they raised such a weak cliff baby that you wouldn't do the same to fly fighters. If there were an oven to put people like you into I swear to god I'd rush the order on Pizza Ala Parrish next week you loving America hating traitorous piece of subhuman poo poo.

"DNP Ranked 6th of the 5 officers available for comparison. Fit for freedom only if made through work."

Would literally be a stamp I kept in my office for OPR's and foreheads of unworthy foreskins such as you who think anything is as wonderful as being literally inside a Raptor.

I'd spit on you but ethically I can't find a way to justify adding to the already oversized human shaped pile of poo poo you are by even one well hocked gently caress you loogie.

You make me sick. You disgust me. You make me wish life had 341's to pull. Oh god. I'm going into the light guys.

Everything is bright and warm and smells like burnt toast. I'm so happy here. It's all okay guys. Dog loves us each and every none cxinz cop get. Idea. Yuk detublp. Green bioogc. Hired tv by job. Cath. Hookbdddruj. Chubb crying. Cuisines bnlopkncssseu. Dry serum. Just I cruised book. Datum. Fuimnnssswhn. Korea ask bday on. Air Force Good.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Jun 27, 2014

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

The Korean / Japanese singing bidet toilet seats are the best discovery of my airforce career so I guess I'm with shim on this one.

Edit: Also, spent 3 hours on Kunsan yesterday, and holy poo poo I'd rather do another turn in the Deid. Thank you afpc gods for giving me Osan and Yongsan.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

nullscan posted:

The Korean / Japanese singing bidet toilet seats are the best discovery of my airforce career

Whoa there motherfucker.

You can't drop a bomb like that without explaining. A singing bidet toilet seat?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Obama Africanus posted:

I don't know what is more gay, all the AF humble brags, or just how gay the accomplishments even by AF standards are that are being bragged about in here.

When you faggots aim high for placing the bar on gayness you loving fly fight and win in air space and cyberspace above all other faggots.
You should probably have your will changed to include a publicly advertised buffet at your funeral, otherwise I don't think anyone will go.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

What's wrong with the Deid? That poo poo was better than tinker with the exception of not having my own car.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Casimir Radon posted:

You should probably have your will changed to include a publicly advertised buffet at your funeral, otherwise I don't think anyone will go.

We don't die, we multiply.

- A jew

xaarman
Mar 12, 2003

IRONKNUCKLE PERMABANNED! READ HERE
I also have never heard anything like that, and my current CC had a sim guy instructor talk about how great life was on the outside... no deployments, no OT, easy days off, etc.

You all have weird officers/NCOs.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

xaarman posted:

I also have never heard anything like that, and my current CC had a sim guy instructor talk about how great life was on the outside... no deployments, no OT, easy days off, etc.

You all have weird officers/NCOs.

This was a nurse commanding a large medical squadron. Think about that. You have a group composed exclusively of doctors who have been through med school, residency, etc.--regularly working 80+ hrs/wk for well under their market value, and then tell them to forget about their families. :fuckoff: Fortunately, she isn't my commander; I just had to sit through her extremely bizarre talk.

Later that week, I got to sit through the usual EO, workplace bullying, customer service, and other b.s. The cultural diversity talk from the goofy O-5 was the best. She wasn't trying to be funny, but I can still get a laugh from my colleagues by saying, "Transculturally speaking, we must remain empathetic to synergize our diversity into a new paradigm." Do they teach this poo poo in AWC or something?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im like 90% sure they get given a speech for those things, its hilarious how they are always almost entirely the same and yet devoid of any meaning

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?
7 years of AF, including IRR, and I finally get to sew on SrA.

Andddddd it's not backdated. Putting on staff at 15 years is gonna be nice.

e:Includes the past year of "You need to order your 5 level CDC's. Oh, you have a 5 level? Why aren't you a SrA? Oh, well, I'll put in the paperwork. Do you have your 5 level? Let's get you trained to 5 level. Can you log in to TBA and print out tasks for your 5 level? Oh, why aren't you a SrA then? Okay, well let's knock out your 5 level so you can put on SrA." The guard is disorganized as gently caress.

And in other news, we now have a 30 something year tech sgt, a 24 year SrA, and a 15 year SrA. At least if people keep being fuckups I'll maybe make tech one day wooh :smith:

invision fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jun 28, 2014

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Where are you at? There was a guy in my ALS class who was guard in Connecticut and he was talking about having his ten year pin on his ribbons. We were all astounded by a guy who was a senior airman for that long.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Remember, Invision is the dumbass who left the Air Force to make Bloomin' Onions(TM) for a living. He is the reason your leadership feels justified in giving you a hard time about getting out.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jun 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Casimir Radon posted:

Remember, Invision is the dumbass who left the Air Force to make Bloomin' Onions(TM) for a living. He is the reason your leadership feels justified in giving you a hard time about getting out.

Yeah, but now I live in a pretty cool place, make an alright amount of money, and get to bang hipster girls non stop and also serve my country one weekend a month so I guess it worked out alright.

• Locked thread