Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I'd take one Invision over 1000 cojawfees and that casimir human being.

Jesus you two are the single most unfunny boring goony AF sperg faggots yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Wow, you really are super butt hurt ever since I bought you that cyber commander avatar. Or do you want it back? Are you trying to be so lame that I buy it for you again? It's just an avatar, dude.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

invision posted:

Yeah, but now I live in a pretty cool place, make an alright amount of money, and get to bang hipster girls non stop and also serve my country one weekend a month so I guess it worked out alright.
Blue squares 2.0.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Casimir Radon posted:

Blue squares 2.0.

Its inconceivable to many goons that normal people have sex.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Man, the AF thread continues to shine.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
you think for the service with the most desk job career fields, we'd be happier, but in actual fact most of us are insanely miserable for basically no reason

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Cojawfee posted:

Wow, you really are super butt hurt ever since I bought you that cyber commander avatar. Or do you want it back? Are you trying to be so lame that I buy it for you again? It's just an avatar, dude.

I may be a Jew but I won't take lip from Mr. Clean.

>:

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Mr. Nice! posted:

Man, the AF thread continues to shine.

Shhhh. For once all of the service threads are actually somewhat on topic. I was so proud this morning. :3:

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Larry Parrish posted:

you think for the service with the most desk job career fields, we'd be happier, but in actual fact most of us are insanely miserable for basically no reason

I'd make an effort post about Microsoft or Apple managing their employees like the airforce does but it's 9am in Korea and I'm hungover as poo poo. Ready to fight tonight.

Also I hate the AF for taking my ability to sleep in away

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Microsoft has had really toxic stacked rankings for years now. If 5 people are assigned to the project, one of them will get rated lovely at the end and/or lose their job. One of them will get the top ranking and the other three will just be middling.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

You get five Einsteins in an office together and due to stack ranking, one of them will be let go. loving horrible system.

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW
It definitely encourages teamwork!!!

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012
Confirmed with my recruiter - the entry AFQT is in fact 31 now, down from 50. All of the job reqs are still the same so if you are a terrible idiot you'll still only get to choose between services, SF, and pest control.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Pest Control doesn't seem like that bad of a job. Ignoring work orders all day while you fire shotguns in the general direction of birds on the flight line. Seems alright.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

Pest Control doesn't seem like that bad of a job. Ignoring work orders all day while you fire shotguns in the general direction of birds on the flight line. Seems alright.

The military would still find some way of making the job awful.

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
Doesn't airfield management handle all the bird duties on the airfield?

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Yeah it's either airfield management or contractors. Guy a deployed with was airfield management and told me this story about how they had this one coyote who kept running on the landing strip and they'd chase it off swinging a rake at it. Well one night some spec ops guy is landing some Cesna type plane and right before he touches down he comes down on the coyote and bounces back up and everyone is freaking out but he still managed to land. Buddy had to go out and throw this broken in half coyote into a garbage bag after though.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
An old squadron commander of mine planted the nose gear of his KC-135 right on a rabbit who was having himself a siesta on the center line.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

rip bun bun

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

We have a Watership Down...say again Watership Down

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Some dopey kid asked why he didn't just avoid the rabbit. He said in a very crusty O-5 way "I'm not going to miss centerline because of a loving bunny."

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im not really sure what pest control does on this base because all of the jackrabbits are endangered apparently, ignoring the fact that there are millions of the motherfuckers up and down california. i havent heard of one getting sucked into an engine or something but it wouldn't suprise me

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
A family of dogs lived in the grass along the runway at our counterdrug FOL. They caught a litter of puppies but by the time I left mom & dad were still at large.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
Animals getting hit by planes chat is about the only redeeming thing in this thread and it brings us all together. At Sheppard they would spray for birds or poison them somehow but anyway everyone morning you'd walk out to a sea of frozen intact crow corpses. Well one night me and some friends were walking to the Rec center and I kicked one of the frozen birds and it just so happened to slide across the ground right under this one guys foot as he was taking a step and when he came down on it fell flat on his rear end. Top 10 funniest things I'd ever seen.

Another guy told me some story about being in formation during basic and watching some squirrel scurry over to some dead bird and just rip it's head off and run off with it and just standing there trying not to laugh or do anything while in formation and having just seen that. Not entirely sure I believe this one.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Alright here's some AF bird chat

Space rocket stools have big concrete flame ducts to redirect all the exhaust safely in one direction. Since they usually go for a while without use and water pools in them, birds and other animals like to make nests in there. At some pad on Cape Canaveral, there's a fence opposite the flame duct and after a launch dudes will have to go over it and pick out all the bird parts left over when they get shot through the mesh.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I wonder if you would get cancer from eating rocket-broiled birds.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Chicken doesn't cook well over high heat. I wouldn't even try to eat rocket-fried bird.

Mud Shark
May 12, 2012

KirbyKhan posted:

From what I understand you pretty much stand around watching contractors do the poo poo work. Really not that bad of a gig.

Every time a rat king is formed, the terrorists win. Thank you for your service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.

GENDERWEIRD GREEDO posted:

Alright here's some AF bird chat

Space rocket stools have big concrete flame ducts to redirect all the exhaust safely in one direction. Since they usually go for a while without use and water pools in them, birds and other animals like to make nests in there. At some pad on Cape Canaveral, there's a fence opposite the flame duct and after a launch dudes will have to go over it and pick out all the bird parts left over when they get shot through the mesh.

• Locked thread