Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Hey FedEx, how dare you deliver something before your "delivered by" time.
Pro Tip: You can write whatever the gently caress you want on USPS slips and they'll probably be down to oblige after they fail the first delivery attempt. My delivery guy will open my gate and drop things like tires and poo poo on my back porch for me. No complaints here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I've left 6 or 7 notes over the last year, it's the postman who's just too lazy to walk up a single flight of stairs.

Do you live in an apartment or is he too lazy to even carry it up there and leave it? I'm sure it's a combination of laziness and fear of being sued or something when they decide to just leave your new TV or laptop or something on the porch in plain sight.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

In doing research last time I needed brake pads I said gently caress it and bought from Advance. Rock Auto's stupid shipping policies pissed me off enough that it wasn't worth it. I think it was like $8-9 shipping for some $10 a set brake pads or something making them equivalent to AA prices and I could just go 2 blocks to the store and have them in hand within the hour.

On larger parts it seems to work out more favorably but it really irks me that every single item is shipped from someone new and for relatively expensive prices. Amazon Prime has completely ruined ordering from most websites these days.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Nodoze posted:

loving UPS. I ordered tires yesterday and they told me the delivery date is tomorrow (Wednesday). UPS showed up and tried to deliver them today, while I am home, and didn't ring the doorbell and just left a failure notification on the door. Thanks guys :rolleyes:

FedEx did this to me with a phone delivery. Apparently sperglords in the cell phone forum didn't understand why on EARTH it was an annoyance that a signature required item was delivered earlier than anticipated. I guess it's cool if you get to sit in your boxers all day working from home but I REALLY REALLY can't wait until they start tracking vehicles better. I'd even pay extra to know exactly when I need to be around to sign for poo poo.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

13 INCH DICK posted:

What's the approved method of reply to someone who legitimately asked me to turn down Holy Diver on the radio?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLkmcOpXNvY&t=25s

This.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Just get internet and stream whatever you need using the fast connection and enjoy pocketing like 100 bucks a month extra. I lived without cable for the first time for one year and it was fine really. Streaming has only gotten better since then.

The only nice thing about cable is that you can just turn on something mindless when you don't care to flip through Netflix or something. I like that aspect but not for exorbitant prices each month.

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Find a way to rig up an LS series instead. You know you wanna destroy that old guy cred. Especially with all these geezers in here talking about Medicaid this and Obummer that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baller Witness Bro
Nov 16, 2006

Thank god we have a private detective to rely on in AI.

• Locked thread