Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

June cat thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I'll be 27 in November.

I'm not thrilled about it.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I found out last night my best childhood friend is having a kid.

Kind of weirded me out. They're the same age as me and have a house and are crapping out a kid (on purpose mind you) and here I am having trouble keeping my Brita refilled.

Don't get me wrong I don't want kids anytime soon, I have a few racing notches I need to carve in my belt first. It was just weird sitting there taking it all in.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

leica posted:

How old are you man? It's not weird, people fall in love and want to start families. Others are married to their cars and race on weekends :v:

26, definitely in no rush or "behind the curve" or anything.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Boss comes into my office yesterday

"My bmw x5 is over heating. Went into dumb mode then full on limp mode on the way home. Coolant in the system, no heat from the dash. It's fine for like 10 minutes starting from cold."

"waterpump"

He rolls in this morning "You were right"

ahahahah love it.

Dealer wants to rake him over the coals for 1600 bucks to replace some lovely bmw electric water pump. He's done with german cars and unloading the thing.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Viper_3000 posted:

It's about $500 in parts, so the dealer is raping him on labor. Have him find a local euro shop to do the work and then dump it.

they quoted him 1100 for the part

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

NitroSpazzz posted:

:steam: summer sale begins in ~6 hours or so. I've sold enough random cards to fund a few games.

http://gaben.tv/

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Ken is the smartest bull to ever enter a china shop

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Bosses x5 bmw saga continues. Dealer replaced the water pump and some other poo poo. He picks it up and it's fine.

He's driving to the ski area this weekend. Going up a hill and the rpms start going nutty and the car isn't moving any faster. It comes out of it and they arrive at their destination.

On the return trip, RPMs start going nuts, the thing goes into neutral and they coast to a stop. Refuses to restart. Flatbedded back to the dealer.

Be Em Trouble You

Meanwhile I drove my piece of poo poo wagon 400 miles this weekend built out of questionable junkyard poo poo and rock auto all the things.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

I've never even heard of URO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

Boss X5 update. Dealer says it's the fuel pump.

He's looking to get rid of it ASAP.

• Locked thread