Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
I already miss my dealership job. WHAT HAVE I DONE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

You've made a huge and important decision to change your life, a little apprehension is normal :)

I am getting paid 2.5x what I made at my old job to do even less work. Something feels wrong about this. I also get to hang out with my dog all day. It's weird.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

blk posted:

What magical job is this?

I'm "working" for my dad.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

CharlesM posted:

Why can't you get Warcraft 2 anymore? :(

I just chucked my discs for that game last week because I haven't played it in years. :(

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Tusen Takk posted:

Who is weev?

The internet's poster child of trolling: http://www.nytimes.com/2008/08/03/magazine/03trolls-t.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Slow is Fast posted:

I'll be 27 in November.

I'm not thrilled about it.

Sup almost-birthday buddy. I'm okay with being almost-30. I get better with age.

nm posted:

The bad part about being 30 is now I can't pass my stupid mistakes off as youthful indiscretions that happened in my 20s.

The cool part about being older is that you usually have the tools and fortitude to deal with your stupid mistakes. I keep making dumb mistakes, but they get easier to deal with as I get older. Or maybe I just care less.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
I am a hipster and I can confirm that my people love 240s and Golfs, as well as old Civics, anything wood-paneled, and anything so-ugly-it's-awesome.

I missed my dealership job. I'm back to dealership work on Monday, but I'm staying in Minneapolis. I will miss the independence and the ability to develop my own online marketing program and the variety of work offered to me at my old dealership, but I will never go back to Grand Forks.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

mariooncrack posted:

I'm just curious, did wagoneer prices spike in the last few years? How about the aztek? They were both featured on breaking bad

Wagoneers were already going for nuts prices. As far as the Aztek goes, it may be the only car ugly enough that even hipsters won't drive one ironically.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Rhyno posted:

So, never Facebook while dead tired. In my exhaustion I guess I figured sending out 100 friend requests was a great loving idea.

I have really bad insomnia, where I can't stay asleep. I woke up in the middle of the night and replied to all of my emails and texts. I'm so productive when I'm half awake.

I had a dream last night that you sold me an Isuzu Trooper for $1500, but you didn't mention that the brakes didn't work. Thanks Rhyno.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

meatpimp posted:

Dream Rhyno is a dick.

How is that any different from real-life Rhyno?

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

leica posted:

How old are you man? It's not weird, people fall in love and want to start families. Others are married to their cars and race on weekends :v:

I keep thinking that I really want to fall in love and get married and have babies, but I always get cold feet when it comes time to get serious. I'll stick to cats and racecars.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

leica posted:

You don't get cold feet when it's the right person, find a dude that's into cats (not hard) and race cars (super easy) and you're halfway there :)

I think I've met him already but I'm still getting cold feet because I'm waiting for him to break my heart.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

trouser chili posted:

Running from St. Louis, MO. to International Falls, MN. today. First interstate road trip for the Sportwagen TDI.

Why are you going to International Falls? I've been there before to visit family and can't see why anyone would visit.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

leica posted:

Try Bulleit Rye it's the best rye whiskey for the money out there imo.

Fireball is crap.

My favorite is Templeton. Fireball is great for when I want to do shots and get as drunk as possible.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
My WRX started smoking like crazy today. Luckily it happened right as we were pulling into the parking lot for a huge Subaru meet. I was suddenly swarmed with people eager to take a look.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
Drove to Wisconsin for a Subaru club cruise, getting towed back. I lost a quarter of a quart in five miles.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

CharlesM posted:

They weren't able to fix it? No bueno

The timing belt has to come off.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Fucknag posted:

Front main/cam seals I'm guessing? (i know nothing about subarus)

Yep. Only 50k miles on my car. :smith:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

CharlesM posted:

No warranty for that?

The dealership offers a lifetime power train warranty with all new cars so I think I'll be okay. :unsmith:

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

Lifetime? I assume that's an employee perk? That's awesome.

Not an employee perk -- it's offered with all new cars that Morrie's dealerships sell in Minnesota. They've got a lot of really good perks for buying new from them.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
My oil pump hardware and seals failed. The dealership replaced it, plus did the timing belt and AC belt for free under their warranty and got my car in and out in a day. That's some seriously kickass customer service.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Any one thats friends with me on Facebook has seen the disaster unfolding in my life.

:getin:

At least you'll be riding to the brink of insanity in style.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
I'm unemployed again, and I've been amazingly productive in my job hunt without the forums to waste time on.

I realized that call center work isn't for me. It took me less than three days to start contemplating suicide. I've got an interview for a service advisor position tomorrow, but I'm worried that being young and female is going to work against me because people won't take me seriously.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

ssjonizuka posted:

It's not even a gender thing. Unless they are interested in taking care of their car, they won't take you seriously. Just have some vague idea of what you are talking about and be confident enough to not be a complete introvert and you will be fine. Good luck!

I'm a socially awkward tool. welp.

I also have an interview today at a different dealership for their Internet department, plus I had an interview yesterday for yet another dealership. I had a couple of interviews last week as well, but everyone is dragging their feet on making a decision. Even the retail jobs desperate for new staff are taking forever to get back to me because there's apparently so much bullshit involved with new hires. Goddamn.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

BrokenKnucklez posted:

There's so much bullshit involved any more its not even funny. I know my employer is struggling to get people to work for them, and its not even funny. A friends construction company he works at is struggling to get people as well. Where he works is paying 27 an hour starting to hang drywall. Seriously, 26 an hour, decent benefits, and they can't get a person to work for them because its "manual labor".

For the record: I live in Des Moines, 26 an hour is pretty respectable, and the cost of living here is reasonably priced. So its not paying to low.

Edit: Facebook does not work well to make threads. The software gets all funky.

I'm tired of the places that desperately need employees but still take two weeks to a month to call back. I'm used to working in restaurants where you'll start the next day if you can fog up a mirror.

I was interviewed by three people today and now I'm waiting to hear from the fourth person who needs to interview me for a job, and then I'll have to fill out a ton of paperwork for a background check and do a drug test and and and

I just want to work so I can stop sitting around all day. I'm not being completely worthless because I've been spending most of my time applying to jobs, going to interviews, babysitting and doing housework, but I'd like to get back to work.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

CharlesM posted:

Although I've only been there once I was really happy with the young female service advisor at the Mazda dealer the other day. I might not be the average customer though, I guess.

I walked into their service department, and they have more women than men as advisors. They've also got women in every department, and half their sales staff is female. I feel really good about the interview, and I have a follow up scheduled with them.

I made it through another dealership's interview an hour later. I got an offer from them pending a background check and drug test.

The downside to both jobs is that they're located on the opposite side of the Twin Cities from me, so now I have to find a new place to live.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
The best thing about babysitting my roommate's kids is that I get to watch Adventure Time with them.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

SouthsideSaint posted:

My manager is a woman, and started being a service writer/advisor whatever you wanna call it. Just trust the mechanics. She doesn't and it fucks her a lot. Also if you don't know please don't act like you do just to get a sale. Dealerchat over

Thanks for the advice. The interview went extremely well and I have round two of interviews on Monday. I don't feel as intimidated now because the service manager is female and so are half of their service advisors.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

angryhampster posted:

I think I half-way blew out a knee last night skanking.

I am too old to skank now.

Every time I go to a ska show, I wonder how the kids around me have the energy to keep dancing like spastic retards for three hours. I avoid the dance floor now after getting a fist to the face during a Big D and the Kids Table set.

Trouser Chili, I'm sorry for your new purchase. I've got two friends through my VW club that own 20V Audis, and both of them own several -- one to drive, and more for hoarding parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
I'm employed again! :toot: I'm back to doing Internet sales. I've also got my dog back and the keys to my new apartment so things are looking up for me, but it's never too early to start a betting pool on my next breakdown!

mariooncrack posted:

I sort of did a thing today.

I put down a deposit on a 2014 Subaru Outback.

I like that generation of Outbacks and I would buy one as a mom-wagon if I ever met a dude dumb enough to knock me up. You made a fine decision.

• Locked thread