Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Powershift posted:

mid 60s AMC rambler classic.

1963 I think, based on the tails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

jamal posted:

Will be 31 in a month. Thinner and in better shape than I've ever been thanks to bikes.

I get ID'ed a lot more now then when I was 19-25ish. Used to get into bars underage all the time. Now places have those id everyone all the time policies. Funny thing is I'm in Canada a lot and have never been ID'ed for alcohol but got checked at a rated r movie last year.

I have the same issue. I get carded all the time now (30) unless I'm wearing a suit. The last person who carded me looked at my birthday and said something like "holy poo poo."
When I turned 21, I walked into my local store, bought six pack and was mildly disappointed I did not get carded. This continued for like 7 years, where I'd only get carded if a friend did first. I think I'm a benjamin button or some poo poo.
The bad part about being 30 is now I can't pass my stupid mistakes off as youthful indiscretions that happened in my 20s.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Timmy Cruise posted:

What is with that I wonder? My experience has been similar. I have been ID'd more since I turned 30 than when I was 21-30.

For California at least, there's been a huge increase in underage stings in the last few years, which I think has done it.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

iwentdoodie posted:

Any socal goons here?

If so, why is it so loving cold, and why is there seemingly no sun? This is like Portland, but worse.

I have no idea what you're on about, but I live in the IE. My AC bill is gonna suck this month.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Phone posted:

It's probably the ringlands.

I don't think ringlands alone would account for that much use. I had 2 go and it didn't use that much (only 10qts per 4000mi for like 30k mi -- its me, I'm responsible for the polar bears deaths.)

nm
Jan 28, 2008

blk posted:

Has anyone been to the Marconi or Petersen [car] museums? I have time to see one and am trying to decide which.

Petersen. Call ahead and get a spot on the Vault tour. The Vault is really the attraction, is by tour only, and the tours fill up fast, so you need to call ahead.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Mat_Drinks posted:

I've been to Petersen, but still haven't been on the Vault tour, which as I understand it really expands on the regular Petersen in very good ways.

The vault makes the main Petersen seem boring and content free. It is amazing.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

jamal posted:

Go outside and enjoy summertime? If this had been last week I wouldn't have even noticed because I was on a river for 5 days.

Some of us live in the IE and don't want to leave the AC and be able to see the air we breathe.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

I swear my little brother's RX-8 is the most broken into car in the world. It doesn't help that he splits time between Stockton and Sacramento, but I think we're into double digits for break ins. He's at the point where the whole car is always empty.
Most of the time, they break the glass, but this time, they shimmed the door and tried to hot wire it (it has an immobilizer, so they failed). Most of these have happened in front of my parents house, in a very nice neighborhood where no one else's (much nicer) cars have been broken into since the era of bag phones (last thing stolen from my mom's car).
A: Anyone know why people are trying to steal RX-8s?
B: Are there any alarm systems that are not poo poo? Unfortunately, Sacramento in the summer is 100f+, so pit bull in the passenger seat is a no go.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

Rhyno posted:

I believe Glock makes the very best in auto security systems.

It is only effective against car jacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

angryhampster posted:

Iowa City got 4-5" of rain yesterday. My wife hit a puddle that was a great deal deeper than she expected. This is what it did to my poor Maxima's air filter:

The bottom of the airbox was FILLED with water..probably 3-4 quarts. Some obviously made it past the air filter. Of course my project last night was changing the oil/filter (for the 2nd time in 500 miles now), pulling plugs, and tearing apart the 6-7 piece intake system. Good poo poo.

You are lucky the engine is ok. My dad's M35 did this and he got a new motor (thankfully, insurance pays for temporary stupidity).

• Locked thread