Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

You wanna pay me $25.83/hr to assemble shelves at the shop all day? No loving problem.

My thighs friggin' KILL from jet skiing on Saturday. I forgot to mention that I flipped the jet ski going 0MPH.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

"Why are you so sweaty?"
"I peeled an orange... About an hour ago."

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Just spent 90 minutes looking for a bundle of cables in the wrong ceiling because someone was off by an entire hallway when they marked the print.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

kastein posted:

:haw: civil engineers, etc etc.

I think my favorite story like that is a company that was doing all the cementwork for the entire floor of a new super walmart... they laid everything out, poured the cement, finished it, all looked awesome. Inspector shows up, takes one look at the plans and the new floor, goes "well that's some really nice work and it looks great, but..." and turns the plans around "... it's supposed to be like this." They built the entire pad turned 180 degrees from how it was supposed to be. With all the foot locations, plumbing, conduit, rebar stands, etc cast into stone, literally.

Company had to eat the costs of redoing the entire thing, IIRC.

God drat that blows. We finally finished roughing the cables in. One of them was labeled "Up High" instead of a number.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

The best part about doing service work as opposed to being on a big job is that if we finish early we can hide and drive around the rest of the day. Eating lunch at the hospital cafeteria right now. So many god drat sexy rear end nurses here.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I was just terminating some CAT5e on a bunch of patch panels from 2001. The plastic pieces crumbled in my hands like toilet paper. All while I'm standing on top of a UPS battery behind the rack on obe foot because its 8 inches off the wall.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Most of the kids I hung out with in middle school and the first half of high school still live in town. In fact, I live with 3 of them. Most of my friends from the later part of high school settled in Colorado or North Carolina.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

So I bought a replacement keyboard for my laptop on eBay and just installed it without looking at it. It's in Spanish. A lot of the buttons are different.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I've been drilling holes in concrete blocks with a giant Hilti drill and a 2" dry-core bit for two days now. I can barely open my left hand.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I'd love to get marroed and have a kid or two, but that would actually require a girl wanting to date me. I'm like 0-10 the last 6 months.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

On my 2nd laptop keyboard replacement. First one was in Spanish and half the keys don't work on this one. Using the on-screen keyboard. :smithicide:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Ordered a shot of Fireball and got a shot of cinnamon schnapps.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF8jd3MrMmY

Been using this at work all last week and probably this week too. But with 18" long 3/4", 1", 1 1/4", 2" and 4" dry-core bits to cut holes in the filled cinder-block walls. Thank god for face-masks and earplugs.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

For $3k it better not. It as a hookup for water too. I got a mean blister on my trigger finger from the vibrations. I just got certified to use all the Hilti gun powder nail guns too.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

So I discovered Fruit Loops vodka.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Two break-ins a street over from me this week. The news is saying the guys involved in last night's all had guns and bats and were wearing FBI shirts.

Worked some OT last night to end a 13hr shift. I'm tired as poo poo right now.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Testing some CAT5e at my elementary school this morning! Haven't been in here in 15+ years. Then going back to the shop for an hour or two to dick around with the work van while my foreman takes a walkthrough on a new job to bid on. Then heading to Amherst College for the rest of the day to do some fiber. Should be an easy day. Knock on wood.

Looking forward to getting my usual steak and mushroom quesadilla for dinner at Bueno Y Sano and getting drunk tonight.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

My buddy came over last night to get some help replacing the broken e-brake cable in the Comanche he just picked up. He paid a lot but it's pretty clean. It has new paint and only minimal surface rust under the carpet. Hey Kastein, what kind of V8's can you swap into MJ's? That'd be cooler than an S10 with a 350 or a Ranger with a 302 like I was thinking about getting once my car is paid off in a few months.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

kastein posted:

V8 swaps aren't real easy on them. Easier with the auto trans that came behind the donor motor... which rules out mopars, I would say stuff an lm7/4l60e in it for bang/buck ratio.

It is going to involve a lot of custom fab and cost several thousand in parts alone unless he knows exactly what he is doing.

I would go 4.5 stroker over 4.6, they are almost all factory parts. 401 would be nice, will even bolt directly to the auto or manual in a 4.0 jeep, from my info, but probably require a ton of custom stuff regardless.

What does he intend to do with it? That thing is way too clean for offroad IMO, unless he never touches rocks or trees. Looks beautiful.

I meant of I buy one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

It's purely speculation at this point. Still got about 5 months left on my car loan and I gotta fix a bunch of stuff first.

My gateway is being a PITA. I have a Motorola SURFboard SBG6580 modem + router. It's one of the ones Comcast uses for their Xfinity service. The firmware it shipped out with sucks and has constant wifi problems. Dropped connections and extremely slow connections when it even works at all. It works great on all the wired connections.

You can't update the firmware yourself and Comcast is supposed to push it out for you. I talked to them today and the dude said they don't have the ability to do it and to call Motorola. They are closed on Sundays.

• Locked thread