Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I love my truck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOQ1N6S-0Es

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Got the horn to work on my old, old truck

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYr6Kx3JdB4

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Its time to bow down fellas

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Daslog is like super old, gotta be like 70 at least.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It really does. So many generations and experiences and thats what makes this the best car forum on the internet.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Thelonious posted:

I've talked before about my '64 Bel Air with the wheezy old 283. The dilemma between rebuilding or dropping in a new crate.

Now a new option has presented itself. A local machine shop/engine builder has a rebuilt 327 for sale. .030 over, fresh 202 heads, original iron 4 barrel intake with the rebuilt Rochester. New OEM spec cam. So basically built to original specs of the factory 250 horse model. Carb to pan ready to run for $1800. Already been run in on a stand. 60k mile warranty.

On one hand rebuilding the 283 would be a good learning experience - but even putting it together myself would cost almost as much as the 327.

Do the 327 for sure. Its the only one thats cooler than a 283 and much more potential. Put a bigger cam in it though, it will wake it right up.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Ozmiander posted:

Mounting a anti static gun on my automated production machine because I am SICK OF GETTING HIT WITH SHOCKS SO BAD MY ARMS GET PULLED AGAINST MY CHEST INVOLUNTATILY.

I need to do this on my sandblast cabinet. My moobs get shocked every 20 seconds while Im leaning over look through the window.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

We're all friends here, we shouldnt judge others on our oil consumption.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Das Volk posted:

is anyone watching the 24 hours of le mans?

If anyone isnt they are seriously missing out.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Geirskogul posted:

My beetle doesn't use oil :smug:

That means its empty, put more oil in :ohdear:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Das Volk posted:

The free internet streams of Le Mans are great. Despite the woefully predictable ending it was a great race and cool to see the Porsches participate, although they were slightly off the pace.

Yea I found the Audi in car and it was awesome. It was cool that the Yota held the lead for so long along with the Porsche up near the lead. I missed the drat end by 15 minutes this morning, so mad about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Phone posted:

Using a sawzall to cut out the stock exhaust and throwing it in the recycling bin was one of the most satisfying car things I've ever done.

Ive been limping the lovely stock exhaust on my Subaru along for the 2 years Ive had it. I swear I must have been under there with my welder or tightening something or putting muffler fixer on it at least twice a month. Ive got the money and now I just need the time to replace everything from the exhaust flanges on the head back. I cant wait to sawzall that bitch out and dance around on its rusty corpse.

• Locked thread