Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

InitialDave posted:

Garages are not for parking cars in, unless they're projects you have barely touched in a decade. They're for hoarding tools and car parts in.

2 different houses across the alley from me park a single compact car in the center of their garage, and outside of that have like 2 shelves against the wall. meanwhile i'm here parking my forklift completely wrapped around a cable box, and had 5 vehicles parked in the same amount of space. 3 in the garage, 2 on the garage approach, and have to do the 5 key shuffle to work on specific projects.

If i can get the subaru moving under it's own power for a bit, i can wedge that between the cable box and fence, wrap the forklift around that, put the pickup and lincoln in the garage to change break off the plugs on the pickup and a bunch of little stuff on the lincoln, and possibly have room for the bmw on the approach. That would mean i have room for another project out front!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mid 60s AMC rambler classic.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

bandman posted:

It just boggles my mind that nobody at Mazda has fixed it. I gather that it has been this way for quite some time, so you'd think that somebody would have done something about it by now, but :effort:. Maybe this is Mazda's secret way of being more enthusiast-friendly, by providing all of the service information in a *winkwink nudgenudge* kind of way.

Or (more likely) they just don't give a flying poo poo. :iiam:

Mazda doesn't seem to make a big deal about fixing things. See: mazda 3 rust

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'm pretty sure this means i'm your new king :stare:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seat belt tickets are $172 here now :stare:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

cursedshitbox posted:

1/4 of a quart in 5mi? Thats normal for most cars.

This isn't the rotary thread.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

KozmoNaut posted:

A girl from my gym just posted to Facebook that she's going for a fun little run on the 27th.

From Flensburg to Viborg.

Which is ~300km by the route she's taking.

And she's aiming to do it in 35 hours, nonstop :stare:

Everybody should experience heart failure at least once in their life.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

InitialDave posted:

Exactly how big of an rear end-kicking in court are we looking at here? GM's counsel just saying "Look, give us a blank cheque, stay home, and watch The Rainmaker until I call you"?

Miniature SUVs? PANDA 4X4 SUPREMACY! :black101:

They're probably just going to say "that was old GM, we're new GM, an entirely different company, tough poo poo"

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Not gonna lie, as soon as the 2003 Panda 4x4 becomes legal for import I will be trying to figure out how to get one across the Atlantic.

By 2018 its piddly little motor will probably actually make fuel-economy sense for North America.

next year, you will be able to import 6 year old mexican cars, which includes the 2007-2009 panda that was sold there.

2 years after that, the 2010 focus RSs will be legal.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seat Safety Switch posted:

I thought you could import any Mexican car. I didn't realize they hadn't passed the rule change yet and it's only six year old cars :(

By 2019 it will be any new car, but the minimum wage will drop every 2 years until then.

That means in 2019 you'll be able to buy this new in mexico for $15k and bring it up.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

i absolutley love every car in the new pack. It really shows whoever's in charge of GTA's cars loves automobiles.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

CommieGIR posted:

What the gently caress am I watching?

It's like the old "tennis balls in the coil spring" trick, except you can adjust your spring rates by feeding or starving the cat.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

That's going to be a long wait. The jagginess of the 360 version is painful.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I have 4 vehicles parked in the space most people on my block park 1, and keep more neglected projects in a storage yard.

The people across from me have no problem parking 10 vehicles on the street, some for weeks at a time, with no reguard for the complete lack of parking up there

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Nodoze posted:

Yes, unless you have the others already in which case buy the triple pack

But if you buy the triple pack you forever have bioshock 2 tainting your game library. Can you buy packs and gift the terrible parts to someone else?

looks like i'm going back in the hospital for a while. At least i got half a day warning this time. Going in with 2 laptops, and 4 TB of various forms of entertainment this time.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

nm posted:

A: Anyone know why people are trying to steal RX-8s?

Because they need new engines more often than most cars?

Buy blown engine RX8 for a couple grand, steal another rx8, put the good engine into the clean car, torch the engineless stolen car, sell the clean title running rx8 to some teenager for much moneys.

then steal it back and put the engine into the next blown engine RX8 you buy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sounds like it's running rich. A small dry shot of nitrous should even out the extra fuel.

• Locked thread