Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

Out of frustration I was looking at craigslist for possible GTP replacements and found this... http://lancaster.craigslist.org/cto/4460864445.html

I don't even like fomoco stuff but I LOVE marauders. That one is low miles and looks like a winner. I like my cars with four doors, a trunk, big and stupid. Anyone got a quick rundown of why I shouldn't want that car?

The low mileage is a concern, even if it has had maintenance done by the dealer they may have done it based on the mileage and not the age of the car.

Other than that its a tarted up Crown Vic with a little more horsepower. Seems like a lot of money for what it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

I know its a gussied up crown Vic but I kinda love it cause of the rarity. I've only ever seen maybe 3 of them in the wild. I've been trying to talk myself into it assuming I could talk the price down a little. I really should be looking for an econobox considering my long commute and everything but a RWD V8 sedan is my style all the way.

As someone who bought a 2001 Mustang Bullitt with similar mileage for too much money I'm not saying don't do it, just keep in mind what it is.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
RE: apartment parking

I couldn't afford to fix my car one winter and bummed rides for a while. After a few months the apartment office said something to my room mate and I went to move my car to the spot directly across from it so they could plow out my spot. Under a couple inches of snow on the windshield was a months old sticker from the police department telling me to move my poo poo or get towed in three days.

Where I live now has assigned parking for numbered spots and stickers that are supposed to be in your window, but its completely unenforced and none of my current neighbors even have stickers.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

Tommychu posted:

I want to kick every Hollywood sound guy in the face who doesn't know how to properly normalize an audio track. Fucksakes a comedy flick should not have me constantly fumbling with the volume button just so I can hear all the dialogue without waking up my neighbours and setting off car alarms on the next scene. It was Get Him to the Greek btw

Has anyone ever explained this? I assume its intentional but why?

Its usually only the surround sound track so I set the player on stereo and have my receiver figure out what needs to go to which speaker.

• Locked thread