Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

some texas redneck posted:

So STR catte... came home today. Alive. He's skinny as hell, and his kidneys still aren't doing so hot (but doing better - vet showed me the bloodwork over the past few days, there's been a gradual improvement). He's on prescription food now, and not eating a whole lot - but he is eating. The vet believes he's not in any pain; also said (paraphrasing) "he might live a week, he might live a few years. Kidneys are completely hosed, but with the right diet he'll live out the rest of his life comfortably".

He's definitely feeling a bit better - he was attempting to murder the vet and both techs when I showed up; I could hear him screaming from the lobby. That's how he normally is at the vet :haw::hf::catstare: - one of the techs commented "you can tell they're feeling better when their real personality comes out" :v:

(he really is sweet at home, but he's a holy terror when he's outside of his comfort zone)

Glad to see catte is still going.

One of my parent's cats has kidney issues, when he was diagnosed the vet gave him a couple of months but he's still going over a year later.
He's a sack of bones, on daily meds for his kidneys, prescription food, shits and pukes everywhere and is constantly constipated (which he needs different meds for)
It costs a fair amount to keep him going BUT he still likes being around people and still plods around happily enough.
As long as he doesn't give up on himself .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

I like to imagine the second report was your response

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

InitialDave posted:

Is that not normal for the US, that a second car which is a classic can be insured cheaply? I pay about £100 for the Landie, my dad is something silly like £40 for his Austin. Fully comp cover, which is to all intents and purposes unlimited for 3rd party claims.

Tomarse posted:

You need to shop around a bit more - I've got my series 2 down to £47.50 this year :)

And that was a reduction of about £700 from the year before :suicide:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

InitialDave posted:

Are you by any chance in your late teens/early twenties?

It's also my first car so I only have 1 year no claims bonus

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

InitialDave posted:

It gets better as you get older and get the increased NCB (note that I'm 32, hardly :corsair: territory). You're probably a lot better than if you were 18 with that 1 year NCB, though.

Aye it's already gone down a fair bit, partly due to the tracker showing I'm not a lunatic driver.

I've been listening to Carpenter Brut and looking at MK1 MR2s on ebay but insurance would put me back £1,316.52 per year

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Cakefool I'd be happy to let you leave it on my spare drive space but as someone already tried breaking into my car I'd be horrified at the thought of yours being damaged.

You are probably better off with a self storage place like these guys

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

bandman posted:

"But they're supposed to run forever! gently caress it, I'm getting an old diesel Benz. Those are really supposed to last forever, right? I'm going to run it on fry grease so I can maximize my environmental cred and smugness at the same drat time."

What actually happens to engines that are run on kitchen grease?
I imagine they die sooner than they would if they were fed the proper fuel. Does it really reduce emissions?

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

CharlesM posted:

The forums are breaking down :kheldragar:

The end is nigh!
Repent!

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

I can get in through the driver side door instead of the passenger door at long last.
Got quite good at jumping across though slipping and landing on the gear stick was always a worry.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

KozmoNaut posted:

I still think we need a backup plan if (when?) the SA forums crash hard and for real with no working backup.

Automotive Insanity Asylum Omega

AI AI O

e: gently caress forgot the second "I" and can't think of anything

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Preoptopus posted:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand car got stolen last night. Awesome.

Aww man that sucks, hope it gets found in one piece

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

drat you weather!
There were 2 car events on in the city centre today and tomorrow that I wanted to check out but it is going to piss it down.
Hopefully Sunday will still be clear for traction engines, monster trucks and tanks

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Had an amazing time at a steam fair today.
Got to see a whole bunch of neat steam engines, classic vehicles, tank displays and ride in a monster truck

Even Rovers got to join in the fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

InitialDave posted:

Scammell Explorers are ace. I want one.

The articulation of each wheel was very impressive and they managed to get one to pull about 200 tonnes.

• Locked thread