Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
loving bastard Postman didn't bring me my package even though I left the "redeliver" slip in the box on Friday. I'm getting fed up with his fatass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

mafoose posted:

My old postman was a lazy gently caress. Everytime he left a "we missed you" note, someone was home.
What I ended up doing is every time I got the note, I'd call the post office and they'd tell me to come in after a certain time and I would go pick it up.

One time they called him on his route and made him go to my house and hand me the box. Oh the death glare I got...

Saturday my new brakes for the MS6 were due to arrive. I rescheduled my whole morning so I could be there to receive them. I'm sitting patiently on my couch waiting for the knock for 3 loving hours. FInally I had to go to work, trotted down the stairs and on a lark check the box to find the "Sorry we missed you" slip. Fucker didn't even try to carry the box upstairs. And just now he put a loving reminder slip in there about it. Because the loving PO is open on Sunday.
I'm all worked up over this because I'd set yesterday aside to install those new brakes and today I'm waiting for the Civic exhaust which was going to be my night project. Now I'm out an entire day of car time because he's fat and lazy.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

kastein posted:

Call the post office and tell them. Seriously.

I have to go and pick up my original package (if UPS would ever get here) and I'll file a complaint when I get there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Holy poo poo.

So I went and grabbed the box and asked if I could file a complaint. The woman gave me the form and tells me "Just FYI, if you fill that out you'll probably never get any mail again. That's just how it is."

Your United States Postal Service ladies and gentlemen.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've left 6 or 7 notes over the last year, it's the postman who's just too lazy to walk up a single flight of stairs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Baller Witness Bro posted:

Do you live in an apartment or is he too lazy to even carry it up there and leave it? I'm sure it's a combination of laziness and fear of being sued or something when they decide to just leave your new TV or laptop or something on the porch in plain sight.

He didn't even come and knock. Not on Saturday, not on today.

Edit: here's a stupid question. Looks like i'm getting dicked on the rotors & pads combo I bought so I'm just returning everything and going elsewhere. So here's the dumb part, how many rear pads usually come to a box? All the listings for front pads clearly say "FOUR PADS" but none of the listings for rears say 4, and most just have two pictures by the box. Help?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just thought it was odd. I've also never done my own rear brakes before which why I asked.

So I bought a 4 corner rotor and pad deal from Protege Garage. $300 for everything. My order came in and has been altered being just rotors. The listing has also been altered to being just rotors now (and $100 more). Dude is insisting it was never a combo. I'm inclined to just return the rotors and go elsewhere right now unless he comes through on the pads.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Jun 2, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

NitroSpazzz posted:

I've never seen pads sold in anything but a complete set per axle. On the pads/rotor combo don't you have an email with your original order or something? Either way that's BS if there was a deal and now they aren't honoring it, return the stuff and don't buy from them again.

I didn't get an invoice until it shipped at which point it was altered. So I have no proof of the original deal at this point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Is there a way to access older, cached versions of a website? Specifically this link

http://www.protegegarage.com/1593-product-1593.html

The google cache has it from May 23rd, when I was linked to that on FB is was a rotor and pad combo on May 19th.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Remember my super responsible friend who decided that bankruptcy wasn't the answer refinanced her original loan instead?

Car got repoed tonight.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Dude I got the rotors from is giving me a credit for the pads that I can use towards better pads. I am quite pleased.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Colts can suck my rear end in a top hat but I scored 6 free folding chairs from work today.

2 Colts, 3 Cowboys and 1 Dolphins. Only thing wrong is the edge of some of the feet are cracked. Boss just decided to chuck them and said I could have them.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The guy who runs FocalJet lives here in town. He now drives an Abarth and upon being called out for he made the same "I could beat your rear end" comment and even invited the guy to come see him. FJ dude got his loving rear end kicked.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SlimManFat posted:

I used to browse FocalJet all the time when I had my Focus and that's loving hilarious. Are there any screencaps or anything like that I can laugh at?

No, all the threats were via PMs. He hasn't been to a Cars & Coffee meet since it happened so I can't mock him. I mean, he was a bigger dude but that doesn't count for poo poo.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
35 but I look 10 years younger which is AWESOME. Your genetics all suck.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've been on this fitness quest for 70 days now and let me tell you, it's amazing to feel better at 35 than I did at 25. I've lost 20 loving pounds, sleep like a baby and have energy all day.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So, never Facebook while dead tired. In my exhaustion I guess I figured sending out 100 friend requests was a great loving idea.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

goatse guy posted:

I had a dream last night that you sold me an Isuzu Trooper for $1500, but you didn't mention that the brakes didn't work. Thanks Rhyno.

I'm pretty sure dream Rhyno said it was As-Is.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

meatpimp posted:

When you wake up, Dream Rhyno goes away.

That's what you think.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This has been a lovely day. So lovely that I just sort of went off on a child customer. I mean, to be fair he's an insufferable little poo poo and called me stupid to my face right before I was rude to him but that doesn't excuse it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

InitialDave posted:

Well, a schooner is a sailboat, stupid-head.

I hate those things man.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Darchangel posted:

That's something I really need to do. I'm about 65 pound (or more) overweight, have no energy, and don't rest well when I sleep. It's a problem of inertia: getting started is a bitch. Don't want to exercise because I'm tired; tired because I don't exercise...

Do you drink a lot of beer, pop and eat fried and fast food?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Okay. We run stupid gaming on Saturdays, usually that Yugioh horseshit. This one kid, 10 years old, is an insufferable little poo poo that mouths off and I'm constantly telling him to watch his mouth. Twice I've told him to go home because of his behavior and of course nobody else has been around to witness this other than me. I've had to take his mother aside over him called an 19 year old kid a human being and nearly getting his rear end whipped right in the middle of the store.

So for some loving reason he's in on Wednesday which is usually the best day for me at work. He starts harping on me about wanting to see something, I have no idea what the gently caress he's talking about. He asks about a game product I know nothing about so I jump online to find out and this little poo poo calls me stupid. That I shrugged off and then he asks something else about Pokemone and I don't know the answer because I'm not a child or a pedophile and he says "How can you not know this" and I snapped back Because I don't care.

Not a very good moment for me, I don't think I've ever gone off on a child before. The kid just shrugged it off and kept jabbering on about his stupid game. My manager wasn't too pleased. I'm not fired or anything but it's still annoying.

Edit: I'm pretty sure that my frustration with some of my friends is what lead to this. I've been actively removing the worst people from my life and the other day something got back to me that was said and that person was speaking on my behalf. This kind of set me off and I've been in a pissy mood for 3 days now.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 11, 2014

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I work in retail and I'm a manager, there's no excuse for what I did even if I want the little poo poo to get hit by a car.

Darchangel posted:

A few beers/ciders a week (3-6), soda once or twice a week, and usually sugar-free, probably too much fried and fast food, though way less than, say 10 years ago. I think my main problem is the weight already gained previously, and little exercise. I'm not gaining anything, but I'm not losing much if any either. I do tend to eat more than one serving of stuff that tastes good. That's something I need to moderate badly. So more how much I eat rather than what, really. I'm one of those people that just really likes the taste of food. Unfortunately, what I tend to like is good old Southern cooking, Italian, German and Mexican stuff.

Diet change and portion control is why 73 days later I'm down 20 pounds. You need to get rid of the beer and pop altogether, you'll melt pounds off so fast you'll think you have cancer. Switch to just liquor if you need booze in your life.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
For the record, I don't miss lovely food at all. If I want spicy chicken wings I baste a chicken breast with one of my hot sauce mixes and bake it. Far healthier and it tastes amazing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I thought I couldn't stop eating that poo poo. My willpower was so strong over the first month I deserved a loving Green Lantern ring.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

If you're a manager then you have the power to have people trespassed. If you want to keep assholes driving good customers away from your business and keep most of your sanity it's something you need to practice. I trespass someone probably every other week. Sometimes entire groups of people.

Yes but this was a 10 year old child that I let get under my skin. And if anyone drove customers away today it was my snapping at the small child in front of others.

But what I think you guys are saying is I should stalk and eat this child?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Jesus Christ. I just had a fight with the girlfriend and unless I misheard her the basis of the fight was that her mother was dead and mine was alive.

I mean, her mom was a pill popping junkie who tried to kill herself like 4 times that I know of but that's cool, bite my head off for having a living parent

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Being 35 and having a good number of younger friends, the most amusing thing I tend to see is a girl in her late 20's finding her "soul mate" and they shack up together. Then they get careless, she gets pregnant and they break up. I could go through my FB list and name maybe 8 girls who've gone through this in the last three years. All single with babies, crying because nobody wants to date a single mom.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

goatse guy posted:

I keep thinking that I really want to fall in love and get married and have babies, but I always get cold feet when it comes time to get serious. I'll stick to cats and racecars.

I think you're AI's dream woman.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it. By trying to be a good friend to one person I have effectively been shunned by the group of friends I care the most about.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

HotCanadianChick posted:

I would question whether that group were particularly worth calling friends I the first place then.

Shunned is too strong, it's just they assume he'll be tagging along so I'm not the first person to be invited places. Thing is I knew this was starting and I distanced myself from him weeks ago but there was a massive drama bomb and I'm sort of being blamed for it since I brought him around to begin with.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Preoptopus posted:

Man I have like 3 groups of friends that all either have problems/history with one another or just are completely different people. Gets super awkward all the time and Im always the bad guy trying to just have ONE loving cookout without everyone being upset that they werent invited

Quite similar, I tried to integrate all my friends together and it worked for the most part. There's actually been some new friendships and a few couples that have formed out of it. I had these two friends who just had long term relationships end very badly. So I introduced them to my larger group because they had nobody else as their respective exe's ruined their old friendships.
Now, one of my good friends was seeing this girl he worked with, nothing serious and it ended quickly but she kept hanging around. The older of the two friends I brought in (early 40's) became fixated on her (she was only 22 or 23) but he never openly said anything. They were friends first, I guess he actually expected something to happen and when it didn't he went nuts. I was unaware any of it was happening, just that there was drama.
So it escalates, there's vandalism and protective orders and people have to take sides and it just getting really ugly. And it's all my fault for bringing this one dude in. He's been my friend since 1998 and now I have to make the decisions to kick him out of my life.

God drat it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wish there was a way to park the Civic in my bathroom so I could terrorize the people next to us. There's only so much crying baby I can take.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We filed a complaint about the baby, nothing happened for 5 weeks.This kid seriously cries day and night. So we had loud sex in the bathroom and a cop knocked on our door 20 minutes later.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BigHouseOfBooty posted:

Please tell me this is true. Please.

It is all true. The cop told us to quiet down, we complained about the baby and he just shrugged.

CPS doesn't seem to give a gently caress locally. On our old street we had a house with 11 kids living in it and half the time they had no power.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fucknag posted:

CPS is like critically underfunded pretty much everywhere; if you see the parents chucking the baby headfirst into concrete, they might get to the case in a month.

Remember when my car got a candle through the window? It was those kids.
Neighbors house got broken into? Those kids.
Vandalism and burglary throughout the neighborhood? Those kids.
There were witnesses and property found in the house but they were all minors so nobody did poo poo. We had already signed our lease here when one of the 16 year old boys beat a kid on the next block half to death. Only then did the police and CPS do something.

Every one of those kids was back in that house the day we moved the rest of our poo poo out. The "guardian" is also the woman who basically announced they were planning on robbing us but changed her mind when she saw us take the TV out the door.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

leica posted:

Babies cry dude, some more than others, not much anyone can do about it especially the cops.

Filing a complaint about a crying baby is like filing a complaint that the sky is blue.

I was concerned the kid was being neglected.

meatpimp posted:

Rhyno must live in the shittiest part of the most ghetto Fort Wayne. I lived there for my high school years and it was nothing buy upper-middle-class+ suburbia. There's not much in Fort Wayne other than the GM plant and some insurance companies' headquarters, so its demographic is more monied than most parts of the central midwest.

Rhyno, move out of the ghetto and get new friends. Your life will be better, but your stories will be worse.

Dude how long ago was that? The entire south side of the city sank into poverty. Downtown may be all gussied up but three blocks away from the main intersections you have crack houses. We live just on the cusp of the "rich" part of the southwest side of town out near Aboite. The vandalism was before I lived over here.

Edit: Did you see the number of homicides in this town last year? Hell there was a shooting inside the bar I used to work at just a few months ago. FW is turning into Gary. It's okay though, there's a possibility that if the lady's career soars we'll end up in NC in a few more years.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I got a bottle of Triple Crown whiskey at the liquor store for $7 yesterday. For $7 it's loving incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mat_Drinks posted:

I'm looking forward to your thoughts on the car as I'll admit I like the :downs: look of the Juke and am kind of trying to sell my wife on one for her next car.

I think you've had enough.

• Locked thread