Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

atomicthumbs posted:

I think my neighbors want me to move my car.

If the cops come out to smell your car again give them a coffee thats hard work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

blk posted:

Did Sockington fall off the face of the planet?

He's alive but busy with stuff not cars. He did clean his garage and you can see a floor now.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

leica posted:

Other day on the beach saw a guy taking a picture of a parked R8, and just being a smart rear end I said "Why are you taking a picture of that, it's just a glorified Volkswagen".

Audi did most of the engineering on the VAG franken lambo :colbert:

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Brigdh posted:

Its normal for a subaru, a BMW, or anything with vtec though :)

I'd like to add the 2L Audi/WV turbo to that list

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

angryhampster posted:

I rented a Terios in Costa Rica for a week. We took it on some very questionable and steep "roads" without issue. I liked that stupid thing.

Same. I had a late nineties one and learned stick shift on it, in Costa Rica. I was doing hill starts in 4WD up insane inclines through a haze of clutch smoke and it took it like a champ.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

angryhampster posted:

I named him Terry.

Our looked like this:

It managed well on roads just like the one in the picture. At one point we were trying to find an animal sanctuary and the road just disappeared into boulders and mud. We went over a bridge made of sheet metal and up a ridiculous mountain pass and there it was.

I also bonded with my Terios and miss the little guy.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Do we have a tire thread? I need to pick out some tires and they need to be great at everything but also cheap.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

QuiteEasilyDone posted:

Welp, I'm working towards buying a 2014 Ford Focus Titanium Hatchback, I'm probably making a terribad mistake but have all my ducks in a row and did my homework. See you on the other side?

Not the worst idea. I'd personally get the ST if I was buying anything but the Focus is a good car.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Devyl posted:

Then one of the bigwigs comes by and takes a look at all the bad ones we were sending back and said "they're good enough I guess". So, I apologize in advance if your future Fords fall apart.

Looking forward to the future recall scandal

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

trouser chili posted:

Oh, and it sounds glorious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1iMuj6wl4sk

I can just sit in the driveway and listen to that over and over again. It's really quite a hoot.

The sweet siren call of a call that will ruin you :allears:

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

Slow is Fast posted:

Meanwhile I drove my piece of poo poo wagon 400 miles this weekend built out of questionable junkyard poo poo and rock auto all the things.

If you bought anything URO brand prepare to watch it disintegrate within the year.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

kastein posted:

He owns a Subaru, wrong axis-powers automotive manufacturer :v:

My bad. What is the worthless parts equivalent for the Japanese car world?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

angryhampster posted:

The bottom of the airbox was FILLED with water..probably 3-4 quarts. Some obviously made it past the air filter. Of course my project last night was changing the oil/filter (for the 2nd time in 500 miles now), pulling plugs, and tearing apart the 6-7 piece intake system. Good poo poo.

Good news is that if any engine is going to survive inhaling a shitload of water it's the VQ.

• Locked thread