Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

People who are complaining about ROCKAUTO shipping: have you noticed that it'll tell you what warehouses stuff is shipping from? once you add items to your cart it'll show little truck icons next to parts in the catalog that are coming from the same warehouse. More than one warehouse in the cart and it'll assign a letter to each warehouse so you can optimize to the max! Takes a little work but ends up saving mad $$.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Interesting - I haven't had that happen before. My orders are usually pretty small, tho - most everything I get comes from worldpac, ROCKAUTO is just for the stuff they sell that's way cheaper than anywhere else.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

kastein posted:

There's a reason I list auto repair, welding, roofing, plumbing, home electrical, and masonry on my resume as well as being an embedded systems engineer :v:

I am very interested in details on this. I have tried to hide my other skills in interviews and I'm not sure if that is a good idea anymore.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

The engine overdub doesn't match up at all... Ruins the whole thing.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

trouser chili posted:

I have to be able to answer my phone, I was on call with work that night. And I don't think I can do any fancy apps on my phone cause it's an iPhone.

iOS 7 has it built in!

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

gently caress! Replaced the damaged subframe/engine cradle and took it to the VW dealer for alignment.

It won't align! Looks like the steering knuckle was bent in the accident... Wasted $90 on an alignment but at least a new knuckle is an easy job. FML :(

(Holy poo poo I hope there isn't frame damage...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

meatpimp posted:

Won't they realign it after you replace the part? Every place I've been to before has offered that to me if there's a part that's keeping it out of alignment...

I will ask but not too hopeful since it's the dealer. Worth a shot, of course!

• Locked thread