Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Holdbrooks posted:

I am about to go look at this maita for the exocet, what should I offer?

"The miata has 164k miles on it and it has never been in a wreck as long as I have owned it which is over 2 years"

http://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/4465697753.html

$1400-1500, then get some of it back by selling the front bumper to blk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

After a couple years of fence-sitting, I'm finally buying a set of PDR tools tomorrow. Complete wild-rear end guess as to whether I'll be able to learn to do it or not, but I've wanted to learn for a long time. :ohdear:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

That coverage is extremely bad. I thought I was on the lower end with 100/300 coverage.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Bucephalus posted:

As is meatpimp. I'm a year behind y'all.

Who says you're a stalker?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Bucephalus posted:

I just wanted some high-quality meat :(

Well, I'm sure you know where to find me. :gonk:

:wink:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

I'm pretty sure dream Rhyno said it was As-Is.

Dream Rhyno is a dick.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

goatse guy posted:

How is that any different from real-life Rhyno?

When you wake up, Dream Rhyno goes away.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

This has been a lovely day. So lovely that I just sort of went off on a child customer. I mean, to be fair he's an insufferable little poo poo and called me stupid to my face right before I was rude to him but that doesn't excuse it.

Maybe it's not just Dream Rhyno that's a dick. :wink:

But seriously, don't tease us with the story, tell it to us.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Rhyno posted:

he says "How can you not know this" and I snapped back Because I don't care.

I don't classify this as "snapping," perhaps a bit snippy, but I certainly wouldn't ruin my day with thoughts of how to handle the situation differently. If meatpimp dealt with the dirty public, THEN you'd get stories about snapping.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I'd love to get marroed and have a kid or two, but that would actually require a girl wanting to date me. I'm like 0-10 the last 6 months.

As soon as you stop giving a poo poo about it, pussy shrapnel happens.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I very well may be buying a Nissan Juke.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

InitialDave posted:

Eh, just give it a try. Regardless of how it turns out, look at it this way: It's unlikely to result in you owning a Nissan Juke.

Hey, I have previously owned a Biturbo, so... it's the logical thing.

Disclosure: Selling wife's RAV4 and she likes Jukes. I like turbo motors, so... welp.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Cat Terrist posted:

Maybe on AI, sure. In the real world tho?

And with L-Glass you have a handy combat weapon to beat the poo poo out of idiots with.

My L glass is black, so I don't even have to worry about blood stains on the barrel.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Get out of Indiana. It will solve 90% of the problems that exist.

The other 10%? Your on your own.

Rhyno must live in the shittiest part of the most ghetto Fort Wayne. I lived there for my high school years and it was nothing buy upper-middle-class+ suburbia. There's not much in Fort Wayne other than the GM plant and some insurance companies' headquarters, so its demographic is more monied than most parts of the central midwest.

Rhyno, move out of the ghetto and get new friends. Your life will be better, but your stories will be worse.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

8ender posted:

Audi did most of the engineering on the VAG franken lambo :colbert:

:thejoke:

In Juke news: Going to meet the owner next Saturday. If it's in the condition she says, I'll buy it. Hopefully the electric steering won't be an issue. :ohdear:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

IOwnCalculus posted:

Careful, you just banned Sterling Archer.

And/or to go old school JD from Scrubs with Tasty Coma Wife: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZKmwEraQ7w

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Just got 4 of these today:

http://www.tinydeal.com/35mm-qihoo-360-klick-quick-button-dustproof-plug-jack-plug-p-128754.html

A Chinese knockoff of Pressy, but a damned useful little thing. I'd have to think that a button like this will be integrated into future phones without having to dedicate your headphone jack to it. At least it keeps debris out of the headphone jack.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Tanga is having a good sale on Mechanix and Snap-on gloves -- Starting at $9/pair with a 3 pack of Mechanix for $20.50 and free shipping.

https://www.tanga.com/deals/heavy-duty-work-gloves-6-17

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:siren: Juke is in the house.

Typical know-nothing owner. Stack of about 8 oil changes, switching between 10W-30 and 5W-30, because oil is oil, right? :rolleyes: Also, she paid to have it detailed and she should have kept the money, it's loving filthy. And it has slight hail damage on the top surfaces (noticable only under harsh lighting, it'll give me a chance to try out my new PDR tools... suck it up, buttercup meatpimp). Overall, though, it's in baller good condition and it's going to take me a few days to detail.

Just found out that it has a recall to replace the whole timing chain assembly. Woohoo.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I am going to smack you.

:wink:

Seriously, though, it's a fun little thing. 188hp turbo motor combined with CVT makes a rubberband type of acceleration that I've never felt before. Looks like an intake and exhaust give it another 15 or so horsepower, but it's already peppy.

Reasons to have it that some in AI can't understand: a) wife likes the look. b) wife likes a higher seating position of suvs/mini-suvs. c) it's even more ridiculous than the 269hp in her FWD RAV4. Most importantly a).

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Viggen posted:

Surgery went well, thanks for asking. Still in tons of pain and think the weeks after the incident were less painful than post-op surgery. Ask any tranny!

That's LGBTQO insensitive, Viggen. :(

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

trouser chili posted:

/mechanicadvice can be pretty good, if you're into that kind if thing. I think it's getting discovered by /r/cars tards though. I read some rear end in a top hat today explain how AWD was superior because the clutches at the wheels distribute more power to the wheels that slip. Yeah, it hurts me to type that.

Oh, hear it is!
http://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicAdvice/comments/290v3d/awd_or_fwd/cigpiim

Bask in the stupid.

Oh my god, I couldn't read past the part where he kept referring to delivering power to the non-driven wheels. :psyduck:

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

KozmoNaut posted:

I have found exclusive footage of Lowtax fixing the forums:

Damnit, where'd the "Like" button on this thing go?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

Teach your kids not to be stupid when they have a car full of friends. Local kid driving his 4 friends, loving flying down a country road and... oh yeah, hit a tree sideways. Tore the car in half and killed the three that were in the backseat...

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

blk posted:

What kind of car?

From the helicopter shots, it looked like a lower-end infiniti sedan, maybe a G20 or maybe a little larger.

Nope: Mitsubishi Diamante. Terrible car to die in.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jun 27, 2014

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

trouser chili posted:

I have to be able to answer my phone, I was on call with work that night. And I don't think I can do any fancy apps on my phone cause it's an iPhone.

I use a burner android phone and RingPlus for my craigslist stuff... separate your "real" information from dirty craigslist people as much as you possibly can.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

trouser chili posted:

UFO brakes

Of course they're warped to poo poo.

Wow, I haven't even seen a mention of UFO brakes in over 15 years. Those were garbage time/money sinks when new and only lasted what... 2 years? Huge failed experiment that were pains in the rear end when new to service... are parts still available at non-rape prices?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

trouser chili posted:

How do I put this? Parts are not available at non-rape prices. That is to say; Parts are not available. Those found NOS come at hate rape prices. Fortunately the UFOs on the car are actually quite new, so I just need to find someone that can turn them. It's also my understanding that the underbody tray on the v8q is an integral component of the brakes as it's designed to throw air at them and keep them cool. My car is missing the underbody tray. I might try to find a way to throw more air at the brakes.

Try the ol' standby first -- multiple, hard, high-speed stops giving the brakes no time to cool down. This was the go-to solution for warping when they were newer, since everything about working on them is a jumblefuck. Also, I think someone found a later version of VAG disc brakes that basically bolt on without requiring strut assembly replacement.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

I drove the Juke this weekend. The car is interesting, and would certainly make some control-freak go crazy.

Take a non-linear DBW system and add in the non-linear response of a turbo'd motor. Then, just for fun, add a non-linear CVT to it and you really have to let go of control and have the car do what it's going to do. However, if you do that, it is a fun, peppy, great-in-traffic kind of car. It reminds both my wife and I of her Mini S in feel, responsiveness and fun. That's saying a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

CountOfNowhere posted:

gently caress! Replaced the damaged subframe/engine cradle and took it to the VW dealer for alignment.

It won't align! Looks like the steering knuckle was bent in the accident... Wasted $90 on an alignment but at least a new knuckle is an easy job. FML :(

(Holy poo poo I hope there isn't frame damage...)

Won't they realign it after you replace the part? Every place I've been to before has offered that to me if there's a part that's keeping it out of alignment...

• Locked thread