Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

For the first time in my life, this month I'll have access to a garage to park in. This is unreasonably exciting to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Are topless Jeeps that are future abandoned projects acceptable for garage parking? :ohdear:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

kastein posted:

Call the post office and tell them. Seriously.

I did this when they lost my dash cam. I was told five different times that it would be delivered "tomorrow", the package has been scanned as delivered seven times, and it's still yet to make it to my mailbox or the apartment office where larger packages end up. I tried to use the online thing to report a lost or stolen package and it said my taking number was ineligible to report as lost or stolen.

gently caress USPS, I hope they go out of business forever.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I had a 93 accord with over 300k miles on it when I delivered pizza. Both rear windows didn't work, the passenger window fell out of the track if it went down more than half way, reverse was a pipe dream at best, and it burned oil faster than I could put it in. So I quit putting oil in it.

It lasted around 20k miles before I traded it for a set of tires for the civic I replaced it with. It was still running when I got rid of it too. Not a bit of rust either. Final mileage was 303xxx

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

bandman posted:

Just found out that the security for Mazda's online repository for workshop manuals is so bad that you can find the factory service manual, wiring manual, and body shop manual for every Mazda made since 1996, including 2015 models, just by googling their site for "service manuals". Toyota's TIS seems to be locked down tighter than a dolphin's butthole, but Mazda might as well not bother putting up a pay wall.

Not sure how :filez: this is, so I'll edit this post if it crosses the line.

Those were behind a pay wall? I found the manual for my 6 this way and thought Mazda were just giving them out free as a service. :psyduck:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

InitialDave posted:

It just comes down to whether your Javascript is working as far as I can see.

Noscript: professional level hacking tool.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

mariooncrack posted:

I'm just curious, did wagoneer prices spike in the last few years? How about the aztek? They were both featured on breaking bad

There are a bunch of Azteks locally for about 4k. All dealership prices because nobody actually buys the horrid things.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Bajaha posted:

Ahahahahahahahaha. Most of the dealers around here can go piss up a rope, $2k deposit to just test drive one of their precious v6 mustangs? 7.9% financing is a really good deal on a new car? Yeah, I'm sure it is for you, ahahaha

They want a deposit for a test drive? Are they actively trying to push people to Craigslist?

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

My last apartment had 7 parking spots for two buildings, one of which was a handicap spot. Each building has six individual apartments in it. That was a lot of fun.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

trouser chili posted:

I have to be able to answer my phone, I was on call with work that night. And I don't think I can do any fancy apps on my phone cause it's an iPhone.

Can you set the default ringer to silent and then set work to your usual ring? Might be a bit of a pain in the rear end if you do it frequently but it will prevent late night craigslist shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Phone posted:

It's the end of June/beginning of July in the south, and it's been like mid-80s and wonderful out for the previous week and this upcoming week. It's nuts that it's going to be nice and breezy for July 4.

I don't know about where you are, but east Tennessee has had rain every day for the last week for at least a few hours a day. A trend which is likely to continue for the rest of the week. :argh:

• Locked thread