Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
They can pick it up next week on their way back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

Badger of Basra posted:

shameful sabotage

Polidoro posted:

They can pick it up next week on their way back.

These are both good and true posts.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

I am feeling hopeful and optimistic today mis amigos!

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Fun Stat to get pumped for the game. Uruguay hasn't beaten a "European" team for a WC match since we beat the USSR in 1970.
:-(

Cáceres will start on the right with Alvaro Pereira replacing Maxi Pereira and 19-year-old Giménez will replace Lugano. Lodeiro is also starting because why not?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Polidoro posted:

Fun Stat to get pumped for the game. Uruguay hasn't beaten a "European" team for a WC match since we beat the USSR in 1970.
:-(

Cáceres will start on the right with Alvaro Pereira replacing Maxi Pereira and 19-year-old Giménez will replace Lugano. Lodeiro is also starting because why not?

Because Tabarez. What wacky formation will he use today?!

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

I think it'll be the same. He's not telling the press because he's an angry old man.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Coates isn't available?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Polidoro posted:

I think it'll be the same. He's not telling the press because he's an angry old man.

He needs to chill with some of el presidente's weed.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Brony Car posted:

Coates isn't available?

He is but he's also slow as hell.

It will be a 442 with Muslera Cáceres Gimenez Godin Pereira lodeiro González Arevalo Rodríguez Cavani and Suárez.

Imagine I used commas or code tags, I'm on my cell phone and can't be arsed.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Phwoar that game!

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Has Suarez replaced Ghiggia as the greatest Uruguayan footballer yet?

Because he should.

Furious Lobster
Jun 17, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yay Suarez! Hope to see more handballs past the group stage :v:.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Mmmm... Lugano and Maxi Pereira out and we win? Makes me wonder.

Troy Queef posted:

Has Suarez replaced Ghiggia as the greatest Uruguayan footballer yet?

Because he should.

The greatest Uruguayan player is and will forever be Fabian O'Neill.

Sick_Boy
Jun 3, 2007

The reason Milton wrote in fetters when he wrote of Angels and God, and at liberty when of Devils and Hell, is because he was a true poet and of the Devil's party without knowing it.

Polidoro posted:

The greatest Uruguayan player is and will forever be Fabian O'Neill.

The ghost of El Enzo is upset.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Nah, O'Neill was even better than Enzo. Sadly he's also the biggest drunk in the world and it cost him.

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

sponge would own me in soccer :(
Ghiggia was replaced by Forlan in 2010 and he was replaced by Suarez an year later.
Hopefully Lugano's knee doesn't heal in time and Gimenez can keep playing.

As drunk as O'Neill is he can brag about being called a class player by Zidane.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

I also want Maxi to get the Nacho Gonzalez treatment and not play for the rest of the tournament.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Other than Caceres apparently momentarily losing his mind during the England goal I thought the defense looked very active and organized. Shame Cavani muffed a great chance.

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

Polidoro posted:

I also want Maxi to get the Nacho Gonzalez treatment and not play for the rest of the tournament.

Yeah, I want the same for him even though I like him. He's been a starter for like 8 years, so I don't know if Tabarez will actually get rid of him.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
All right shitheads it's you or us.

Lets all hope Lugano is fit.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

I hope we play like we did in the Confederations Cup with comedy goals and great free kicks everywhere, only not ending in a tie obviously.

Gigi Galli posted:

Lets all hope Lugano is fit.

He isn't. Though I would bet anything on him not really being injured and it just being a "graceful" way of taking him out without putting blame on him. If he plays again then Tabarez is insane.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Polidoro posted:

I hope we play like we did in the Confederations Cup with comedy goals and great free kicks everywhere, only not ending in a tie obviously.

He isn't. Though I would bet anything on him not really being injured and it just being a "graceful" way of taking him out without putting blame on him. If he plays again then Tabarez is insane.

That game owned, I also hope it plays out that way, but with a tie.

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

Polidoro posted:

My theory is that he's resigned the national team and the injury is just a cover up while we are still in the World Cup. After it he'll make a formal announcement.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Footballers rarely know when to give up so he'll probably start some knock out game instead when he's fit again

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Its going to be a great game. If Lugano by chance tries to play I hope his knee literally explodes out of his leg about 5' in. I know that's mean. :smith:

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Hi everybody.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Carrier
May 12, 2009

RIP

Carrier
May 12, 2009

He should be banned from international football.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Passionate lad. Always give 110% for club and country.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I can't falt Suarez, Italian subs are quite tasty.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I still haven't wrapped my mind around him biting a man for the third time. It's incredible.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NAy9G5NEHU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

blue footed boobie posted:

I still haven't wrapped my mind around him biting a man for the third time. It's incredible.

The more I think about it the more I think a lifetime ban is the only fair punishment, considering he's repeat offended, twice. Who wants to take to the field with someone who's willing to bite you?

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

pik_d posted:

The more I think about it the more I think a lifetime ban is the only fair punishment, considering he's repeat offended, twice. Who wants to take to the field with someone who's willing to bite you?
he could sign for CFR Cluj?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
It's not even so much a matter of punishment as him needing to be committed or something. It's absolutely bizarre and I can't wrap my mind around why, of all lovely things he could do, he would repeatedly bite people.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Hi, hello. Polidoro you are my posting pal but I hope Colombia put 18 goals past Muslera and that your whole team and the Mexican ref you bought dies on the way back to Montevideo, cheers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

Gigi Galli posted:

Hi, hello. Polidoro you are my posting pal but I hope Colombia put 18 goals past Muslera and that your whole team and the Mexican ref you bought dies on the way back to Montevideo, cheers.

i hope they die sooner, like when i hit submit reply on this post

• Locked thread