Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Hi, hello. Polidoro you are my posting pal but I hope Colombia put 18 goals past Muslera and that your whole team and the Mexican ref you bought dies on the way back to Montevideo, cheers.

You're always cranky when you're hungry.

Maybe you should go for an Italian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

blue footed boobie posted:

It's not even so much a matter of punishment as him needing to be committed or something. It's absolutely bizarre and I can't wrap my mind around why, of all lovely things he could do, he would repeatedly bite people.

The best thing is that he didn't do it again in a FA cup loss away to Notts County, he did it during the loving world cup. I've had people come up to me at work today who have no earthly idea what shape a football even is telling me about this mentalist from South America who bit someone in a game of sahccer. I just don't know anymore, he's insane. Truly insane, and now even people who don't follow the sport know it. I don't even know where he goes from here.hopefully to old trafford to score a hattrick, but

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Gigi Galli posted:

Hi, hello. Polidoro you are my posting pal but I hope Colombia put 18 goals past Muslera and that your whole team and the Mexican ref you bought dies on the way back to Montevideo, cheers.

Can I empty quote this?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Shrapnig posted:

You're always cranky when you're hungry.

Maybe you should go for an Italian.

double sulk
Jul 2, 2010

is this real

Carrier
May 12, 2009

I really dislike snickers chocolate bars

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

double sulk posted:

is this real

Probably not but this certainly is

https://twitter.com/McDonalds_Uy/status/481502953552228352

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

https://twitter.com/SNICKERS/status/481533752477495300

HolaMundo
Apr 22, 2004
uragay

sponge would own me in soccer :(
Uruguay to win it all.
Suarez is dumb.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
loving Lowtax took away some endless posting about Suarez from us. Thank you!

I'm really torn on this. On one side I think Suarez is a loving idiot but on the other side I agree he gets treated differently because some people really have it in for him. I don't mean he gets treated differently from other serial biters, because I don't think any other exist, but treated differently from serial cunts.

Anyway, on a previously unannounced third side I got really mad at him for not passing the loving ball to Cavani so I'm kinda done with him. I expect a 5 game ban and a big fine, everything bigger than that comes courtesy of the press.

P.S. Italy didn't lose because Suarez bit Chiellini, they played for the tie and it cost them (and they really sucked).

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
People are freaking out but how is this different from someone who is known for playing dirty in other ways? I'd rather be bitten than have some oval office wreck my knee with an intentionally bad tackle.

I still laugh my rear end off when I think about the fact that this is the third time he's done it. He has some issues.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
I can't believe he did it a 3rd time lmao watching live I thought it was an headbutt and then they replay it and heck I loved it what a character but seriously throw the book at him or don't since he might eat it haha but seriously this guy needs some exemplary punishment if he's ever going to learn 1 year suspension in international football or something a player shouldn't have to enter the pitch knowing this maniac might want to take a chunk of him, imagine if he has AIDS I hear they all it down there in Urugay

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

vulturesrow posted:

People are freaking out but how is this different from someone who is known for playing dirty in other ways? I'd rather be bitten than have some oval office wreck my knee with an intentionally bad tackle.

I still laugh my rear end off when I think about the fact that this is the third time he's done it. He has some issues.

If some oval office repeatedly did intentionally bad tackles to break legs in a sport where there was literally no tackling at all, the response would be similar.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

trem_two posted:

If some oval office repeatedly did intentionally bad tackles to break legs in a sport where there was literally no tackling at all, the response would be similar.

I guess you are right but in the end of the day it's still "unsporting behavior" and should be treated as such. Or maybe make some rules about biting and call it the Suarez rule. He can be the new Bosman.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

FIFA are going to announce their decision regarding Suarez tomorrow while Adidas and 888.com have already said that if it's negative they might terminate their contracts with Suarez.

Maybe he'll finally be able to sign with 1488.com now?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

i wouldn't be upset if i never watched him play again. dude is an utter oval office and an animal and somehow is constantly operating under the low threshold of expectation that we set for the moral behavior of football players. he is the lowest common denominator. he can gently caress off.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

mynameisjohn posted:

i wouldn't be upset if i never watched him play again. dude is an utter oval office and an animal and somehow is constantly operating under the low threshold of expectation that we set for the moral behavior of football players. he is the lowest common denominator. he can gently caress off.

:qq: Pretty sure their have been bigger shitheads than Suarez in the history of the game.

e: I don't have any moral expectations for football players. I watch them see good football. Suarez is one of the best.

vulturesrow fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 26, 2014

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

vulturesrow posted:

:qq: Pretty sure their have been bigger shitheads than Suarez in the history of the game.

At least they owned it. Has Suarez given a faux-apology yet?

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

vulturesrow posted:

e: I don't have any moral expectations for football players. I watch them see good football. Suarez is one of the best.
i prefer it when i don't have to watch someone strop around like a big bitch and constantly dive and do racisms and assault other players. its entertaining sometimes, but its gotten to the point of constant farce.

he is a good footballer tho

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I just want to know why doesn't he headbutt like a real man? A real champion?

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

mynameisjohn posted:

i prefer it when i don't have to watch someone strop around like a big bitch and constantly dive and do racisms and assault other players. its entertaining sometimes, but its gotten to the point of constant farce.

he is a good footballer tho

Plenty of people dive (and I dont really think he does it much anymore) and I feel quite confident in saying that Suarez isn't a racist. In fact if I thought he was genuinely racist I'd be a lot less enthusiastic in my support of him. The biting thing is pretty loving bizarre I'll admit but again, I'd take that over a lot of unsporting behavior.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

I don't understand how can people be OK with Roy Keane (to name an example) and get all upset at Suarez. He did an incredibly stupid and highly unusual thing but on a violence scale it's still pretty low compared to purposefully trying to end someone's career.

You don't hear people saying "I wouldn't be upset if I never saw Pepe (or De Jong) play again" even if they really wouldn't, but with Suarez they feel the need to say such things and I don't understand that.

I'm not saying he's not a oval office, but he's our oval office as much of a oval office as a lot of players who go under the radar maybe because they are not as good as him.

Anyway, gently caress Suarez we're gonna beat Colombia playing Abel "I can can only shoot it straight at the keeper but it somehow still goes in sometimes" Hernandez and FIFA will weep.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

:hfive: Viva La Celeste!

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother
I can wrap my head around someone being a oval office who intentionally injures people's knees, but I can't wrap my head around someone who goes around biting people.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah, going after knees makes sense if you want to be lovely and hurt someone's career, but what biting is supposed to accomplish is beyond me

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Roy Keane and Pepe are utter cunts who I loathe and are a world apart from a guy like De Jong who makes dangerous tackles but doesnt seem very malicious.

The discrepancy between them and Suarez is that the things they do are ostensibly football "actions" (jockeying with arms and tackling). Its completely lamentable but they take out their aggression through the game as opposed to random pathetic assaults that have nothing to do with the sport.

e http://bitemangame.com/

straight up brolic fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jun 26, 2014

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Polidoro posted:

Anyway, gently caress Suarez we're gonna beat Colombia playing Abel "I can can only shoot it straight at the keeper but it somehow still goes in sometimes" Hernandez and FIFA will weep.

It was your pessimism that powered them so far, you are now removing their power source.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Well, I disagree with you. To me it all falls under unsporting behavior and should be dealt with as such but I understand where you are coming from. The only thing is that I believe that if Suarez would have committed a more "sport related assault" people would still be calling for a lifetime ban because they decided they hated him after his handball against Ghana.

Drogadon posted:

It was your pessimism that powered them so far, you are now removing their power source.

I was just joking, really feel we're done in this Cup :( Next game will be our turn to be on the receiving end of some ref robbing.

I should go to bed now, it's 1 A.M. See you after Suarez's billion year ban and Uruguay's expulsion from FIFA has been announced (the AUF lawyer said it didn't look pretty).

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I actually thought his handball against Ghana was an unironically brilliant move. I don't know if there's a phrase for this in English or Spanish but in Italian it's common to say that "you need a little evil (to win)" and that's what that was.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Media around the world didn't and that's when Suarez's villain image started.

Now that we're speaking phrases, we often use the expression "defending something with your nails and teeth" and look where it took us. Maybe if we used the phrase "defending something with career ending injuries" everything would have gone better.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Gigi Galli posted:

I actually thought his handball against Ghana was an unironically brilliant move. I don't know if there's a phrase for this in English or Spanish but in Italian it's common to say that "you need a little evil (to win)" and that's what that was.
No one should have had a problem with the Ghana incident. Besides not showing a little humility with his dumb trollness in the tunnel watching. It's the leg breaking incident at Ajax with the bite. Then the racism and bite at Liverpool and now the bite with Uruguay.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I liked suarez in 2010. I do not like it when men bite other men.

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

TheRat posted:

I liked suarez in 2010. I do not like it when men bite other men.

Don't knock it till you try it :wiggle:

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

Gigi Galli posted:

If you wouldn't have handled that ball to keep your country alive at the end of a World Cup quarterfinal, you are not a patriot

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Gigi Galli posted:

I don't see why that's a move people criticize him for. He didn't hurt any other player by committing it, and it was a tactically brilliant decision like you said because it at least gave his team a chance.

If the US was hypothetically in that situation I'd hope that any player given a chance to do the same would.

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?

franks posted:

If you wouldn't have handled that ball to keep your country alive at the end of a World Cup quarterfinal, you are not a patriot

Diego Maradona agrees.

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

I don't see why that's a move people criticize him for. He didn't hurt any other player by committing it, and it was a tactically brilliant decision like you said because it at least gave his team a chance.

If the US was hypothetically in that situation I'd hope that any player given a chance to do the same would.

It's unsportsman like. He'd banned for a year for even thinking of doing something like that on the same level as cricket, look at the pakistan team. :v:

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The only problem I see from this whole affair is that people in Uruguay are unironically defending him. Media, players, FA and probably a bunch of average folks too. Puts a real bad image on the nation.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Vegetable posted:

The only problem I see from this whole affair is that people in Uruguay are unironically defending him. Media, players, FA and probably a bunch of average folks too. Puts a real bad image on the nation.
So Uruguay is Liverpool South America. Both are equally retarded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug

Fag Boy Jim posted:

yeah, going after knees makes sense if you want to be lovely and hurt someone's career, but what biting is supposed to accomplish is beyond me

biting is the kind of thing hannibal lecter does

• Locked thread