Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

blue footed boobie posted:

Yeah, this article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Football_formations and the related ones are fantastic.

they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Hi TRP i'm new to football and while researching an MNT to root for I read all the Wikis and went for England.

Why? Simple - England invented football, it's their sport and in 2014 it's coming home.

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Pissflaps posted:

Hi TRP i'm new to football and while researching an MNT to root for I read all the Wikis and went for England.

Why? Simple - England invented football, it's their sport and in 2014 it's coming home.

fly away troll

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Pissflaps posted:

I got some bad news for you, newbie...

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

I got some bad news for you, newbie...

Football:
The Chinese invented it
The Brazilians perfected it

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
The Chinese claim to have invented everything

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
They did.

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small

Looks like they invented Photoshop too hahaha

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
The undoctored picture is actually them amazed by a fork and spoon

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

If you buy into the "China invented football" claim, you buy into a claim made by Sepp Blatter

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

Hegay posted:

If you buy into the "China invented football" claim, you buy into a claim made by Sepp Blatter

stopped clock, etc

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

That picture is from the 1970s

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Blue Screen Error posted:

That picture is from the 1970s

So is the nude yer mam sent me

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

Soulex posted:

So is the nude yer mam sent me

This thread is clearly marked no trolls allowed Soulex I think you should edit your post and apologise before the feds see it

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
There doesn't seem to be a thread for this but some dummy in another thread linked me here.

Is there any way to buy older WC jerseys? I'd really like a 2010 Getmany away jersey but the only ones available now seem to be bullshit "collector's editions" on eBay, I just want something to wear at work and drink beer in.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/ tends to be good, and usually reasonably priced.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/ is usually a good place to look, but they don't seem to have what you want.

You could also buy a knockoff from aliexpress

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/European-cup-top-away-game-top-germany-ozil/1767086337.html

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

I actually just found a deal for last years Germany kit for around 50 bucks on eBay, so they should exist. you just need to keep in mind that they are 4 years old.

Blue Screen Error posted:

This thread is clearly marked no trolls allowed Soulex I think you should edit your post and apologise before the feds see it

I would never do such a thing.
Double edit: \/\/\/ woooooow

Soulex fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jun 6, 2014

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
You really should just drop like 400 USD on this instead imo
http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/1990-west-germany-away-shirt-l.html

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
That would be dope. But call me prejudiced 'cause I only want the black one.

Thanks for the links. I only know sketchy football knockoff jersey sites. The other kind.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Blackula69 posted:

That would be dope. But call me prejudiced 'cause I only want the black one.

yeah and look at how well that worked out for sunderland

Mr. Mambold
Feb 13, 2011

Aha. Nice post.

Mean Bean Machine posted:

yeah and look at how well that worked out for sunderland

mods

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
It seems like there is more and more trolling in this no trolls thread by the day.

go back 2 Texaco
May 21, 2007

does anyone have that gif where the dude flops and someone comes up behind him and picks him up?

blueyedevil
Apr 17, 2014

Calliper posted:

does anyone have that gif where the dude flops and someone comes up behind him and picks him up?

David Villa (Barcelona) being manhandled by Sergio Ramos and Álvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid)

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Boeing Troll posted:

The undoctored picture is actually them amazed by a fork and spoon

Lmao

go back 2 Texaco
May 21, 2007

blueyedevil posted:

David Villa (Barcelona) being manhandled by Sergio Ramos and Álvaro Arbeloa (Real Madrid)

Has this happened more than once? Because I could have sworn it was Jordi Alba on the ground

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Which team dives the least?

blueyedevil
Apr 17, 2014

Brony Car posted:

Real Madrid Club de Fútbol

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Brony Car posted:

Eng-er-land

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

Hi I'm a scotch poo poo eater and I'll be supporting anyone but England.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

I'm supporting Mexico because I drew them in a pool, can someone send me a Little Pea jersey, tia

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
My girlfriend wants to bandwagon on Chile. Looking at their group, my extremely uninformed analysis tells me they have zero chance of advancing. True or false?

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
I'm supporting the entire FIFA football family. I hope they make enough from this to feed themselves.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

zakharov posted:

My girlfriend wants to bandwagon on Chile. Looking at their group, my extremely uninformed analysis tells me they have zero chance of advancing. True or false?

False. Netherlands are surprisingly bad, Australia are garbagemen, and Spain are vulnerable to counterattacking football. Spain-Chile was a boss match last World Cup and could have gone either way.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

zakharov posted:

This is the worst Dutch team I can remember. Its really bad

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Thank you friends!

Go..USA...:smith:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

zakharov posted:

True.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Are Chile still doing the badass 3-3-1-3 formation or have they gone back to something more traditional (boring) now Bielsa's gone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

What's a mam? (no trolling please.)

• Locked thread