Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.

Ender.uNF posted:

Uhh was that a time-reversing debugger in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Seriously, is it recording state or using an Elm-style time-traveling debugger?

That was the impressive part of the initial demo to me, and its actual usefulness will probably determine whether I give Swift an honest shot right out of the gate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

I am disappointed in the intermediate Swift talk. One of the speakers said that F1 cars do not have turbos in one of his examples. GET WITH THE TIMES! (All F1 cars are turbocharged starting this year.)

Other than that, that talk did an awesome job selling some of the power in Swift. I'm definitely going to jump into the advanced stuff this weekend. I was unreasonably excited to see that you can do pattern matching with ... and _ in the middle of case statements. It reminds me of the fun I had playing with Prolog in college.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

Doh004 posted:

It took us a good 3-4 days of converting from 2.3 and 3.0 and then another week of tracking down horrible bugs.
It took me a similarly long time to convert, but somehow everything worked except trying to use Cocoalumberjack for a mixed project. Should I be scared that I have not yet found the horrible bugs?

• Locked thread