Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

The iBook says println("Hello, world") should be it's own self-contained program but when I make a playgrounds file with just that it has nothing over in the "playground" What's up with that? In fact any print doesn't show up over there but when you declare a variable it does show up like it was being printed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

So I'm having a weird issue where I'm trying to make a whiteboard app and the code works fine on a workmates phone and on the simulators on his laptop but then as soon as I ty it any line I draw is skewed and moved up almost as if it's getting pushed onto the z axis. This is just code we're using from a Ray Wanderlich tutorial.

code:
    func drawLineFrom(fromPoint: CGPoint, toPoint: CGPoint) {

// 1
        UIGraphicsBeginImageContext(view.frame.size)
        let context = UIGraphicsGetCurrentContext()
        tempImageView.image?.drawInRect(CGRect(x: 0, y: 0, width: view.frame.size.width, height: view.frame.size.height))

// 2
        CGContextMoveToPoint(context, fromPoint.x, fromPoint.y)
        CGContextAddLineToPoint(context, toPoint.x, toPoint.y)

// 3
        CGContextSetLineCap(context, kCGLineCapRound)
        CGContextSetLineWidth(context, brushWidth)
        CGContextSetRGBStrokeColor(context, red, green, blue, 1.0)
        CGContextSetBlendMode(context, kCGBlendModeNormal)

// 4
        CGContextStrokePath(context)

// 5
        tempImageView.image = UIGraphicsGetImageFromCurrentImageContext()
        tempImageView.alpha = opacity
        UIGraphicsEndImageContext()

}

override func touchesBegan(touches: Set<NSObject>, withEvent event: UIEvent) {
        swiped = false
        if let touch = touches.first as? UITouch {
            lastPoint = touch.locationInView(self.view)
        }
    }

override func touchesMoved(touches: Set<NSObject>, withEvent event: UIEvent) {
        // 6
        swiped = true
        if let touch = touches.first as? UITouch {
            let currentPoint = touch.locationInView(view)
            drawLineFrom(lastPoint, toPoint: currentPoint)

// 7
            lastPoint = currentPoint
        }
    }

override func touchesEnded(touches: Set<NSObject>, withEvent event: UIEvent) {

if !swiped {
            // draw a single point
            drawLineFrom(lastPoint, toPoint: lastPoint)
        }

// Merge tempImageView into mainImageView
        UIGraphicsBeginImageContext(mainImageView.frame.size)
        mainImageView.image?.drawInRect(CGRect(x: 0, y: 0, width: view.frame.size.width, height: view.frame.size.height), blendMode: kCGBlendModeNormal, alpha: 1.0)
        tempImageView.image?.drawInRect(CGRect(x: 0, y: 0, width: view.frame.size.width, height: view.frame.size.height), blendMode: kCGBlendModeNormal, alpha: opacity)
        mainImageView.image = UIGraphicsGetImageFromCurrentImageContext()
        UIGraphicsEndImageContext()

tempImageView.image = nil
    }
Is there any reason why that logic would work fine for him and not for me? I suspect it's something to do with UIGraphicsGetImageFromCurrentImageContext() but we're both on the same version of Xcode. We're going to write our own code for the whiteboard soon but we just needed to get a demo off the ground really quickly.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Is that rjmcall with the teapot shirt?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Awesome I came in late but that was a great presentation from what I saw.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I signed up for the mailing list and immediately regretted it. I am interested in helping, but this is miserable.

• Locked thread