Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Any chance of getting the RC4 benchmarks in Obj-C and Swift posted? Curious what the code was that was 1.7X faster in swift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Axiem posted:

Good talk, rjmmcall. Kinda sad that it ran over time, though, since I and my colleague were really interested in the Swift internals you were talking about. There should be a fourth talk for Advanced Advanced swift.

For those who missed it rjmcall got played off the stage like an Oscar winner going over time. I hope the full slides are made available and maybe they let you loop audio to finish it.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Any access to some of the lower level obj c runtime? Like associated objects ?

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

toiletbrush posted:

Is Swift going to enable better refactoring support in Xcode? I really, really miss Resharper when doing ObjC dev

Get App Code it's by Jet Brains the same guys that make Resharper and it gives the full Inteli-J/Resharper refactoring experience to objective C and C++. I drank the kool-aid so hard there.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Plorkyeran posted:

I can't stand actually editing anything in AppCode, but I still use it fairly regularly just for the refactoring tools. I'd prefer something integrated into Xcode, but the tools are totally worth the minor hassle.

It's increasingly off topic but make sure you are giving the VM 4 gigs through the options and 3.0 fixes the bug of files outside the project root which caused me heartache.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

rjmccall posted:

It was crazier during the actual talk, because I actually sprinted through the remaining half-dozen slides, rushing all the content while the staff turned on the music and raised the house lights. We debated what to do for the recording, and I told them to cut there because (1) it is hilariously abrupt and (2) the next fifteen seconds were basically just me stuttering out gibberish anyway while I slowly realized what was happening.

Meat Street, I don't have specific suggestions about learning functional programming, sorry.

Who's the evangelist? I want to send in E-Mail asking that you go back and loop over the slides / remaining slides and give the full presentation as it was designed to be.

• Locked thread