Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A cool person
Feb 3, 2012
Anyone have any experience with these guys?

http://www.partnersincrimetours.net/

I have a few unpublished crime novels lying around but not much idea of how to market them or find an audience among the glut of books on Amazon. Was wondering if this kind of marketing would be a worthwhile investment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A cool person
Feb 3, 2012
Hey all, so I finally bit the self publishing bullet. Making my crime/thriller/noir whatever book free on Amazon from now until Monday if any of y'all want to check it out.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Opportunist-Ray-Altman-ebook/dp/B00LP0O03W/ref=cm_cmu_up_thanks_hdr

Any feedback would be killer

A cool person
Feb 3, 2012

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

I downloaded this to my kindle, and noticed some formatting issues:

1. The spacing between lines is too generous. An average paragraph takes up the entire screen of my paperwhite.
2. Your alignment is "right ragged". Consider going fully justified instead.

Looks like you have a shot at breaking top 20 for Crime novels. Congrats!

Edit: And it looks like they rolled out Kindle Unlimited to the US. Upped the global fund to 2mil for July as well. Lets see how big these crumbs are.

Thanks for the input. Messed with the settings and I think I fixed it. First time using calibre to convert the source doc and I'm kind of retarded when it comes to that stuff

A cool person
Feb 3, 2012
So I have a question, a couple years ago I got into the self publishing game and wrote a bunch of super-romance stories, probably around 30. I got burned out and stopped writing about two years ago to focus on other stuff, and my sales slowed to a trickle. I've been considering getting back into it, since I've heard kindle unlimited is promising I've removed my stuff from other vendors and put it all on KDP exclusively.

Anyway, I've been working on some new stuff and wondering if I should publish it under my old pen name, or start a new one from scratch. I have a lot of stuff under the old name, but I'm worried the long gap will make it hard to build up a lot of sales momentum.