Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soichiro
Oct 16, 2012

I'm a writer of erotica.

Life is an experience. Enjoy it.
Hey Romance writers,

Have any of you noticed diminishing sales for your romance titles, or is that just me being a lazy gently caress bag who doesn't produce anymore? I've taken a pretty bad hit over the last two months and this month isn't looking promising either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soichiro
Oct 16, 2012

I'm a writer of erotica.

It's telling me that my 5k erotica story that currently set at $0.99 should continue to be sold at $0.99 to maximize my profit potential, so that's a thing I guess.

Soichiro
Oct 16, 2012

I'm a writer of erotica.

Speaking from a romance and definitely not erotica standpoint, I've never had a whisper of a problem with covers.

That being said I'm far from a big dog so ymmv.

Soichiro
Oct 16, 2012

I'm a writer of erotica.

Icon-Cat posted:

I have one title that always takes super-long to review.

It's a weird story. One day Amazon told me they objected to my cover. They wouldn't tell me WHY (the e-mail said it could have been any number of things setting them off, from obscenity to copyright — none of which I was violating, but they in their wisdom objected).

I changed the cover entirely and there have been no more complaints, but now, whenever I update that project, it spends an extra 12 or so hours (beyond the normal period) in review, while I sit going :ohdear: that they're going to yank it for some unknown reason without so much as asking any questions.

Probably thanks to all the issues they've had with some of my titles, almost everything I do with this pen names takes like an extra day longer than my other pen name does. It's kind of annoying, like they're combing everything over with a finetooth comb.

Soichiro
Oct 16, 2012

I'm a writer of erotica.

brb, changing my pen name to Taylor Hart

Soichiro
Oct 16, 2012

I'm a writer of erotica.

2-3 shorts a week?

Christ, no wonder I've been floundering. I can't keep up with the competition.

Soichiro
Oct 16, 2012

I'm a writer of erotica.

Unless you enjoy producing art for art's sake while still making a buck, mang.

Now excuse me while I get back to editing my erotic Santa story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soichiro
Oct 16, 2012

I'm a writer of erotica.

I love it when the book that's already been adult filtered has its changes approved within, like, ten minutes and the relatively-vanilla title I uploaded last night is still pending.

Amazon :allears: