Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
And get Backblaze, for the files that end up elsewhere on your computer (downloads folder, pictures folder, desktop) and didn't make it into Dropbox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG
I really wish Notion didn't suck rear end for text work. If that worked and if there were more possibilities for output, they could eat Scrivener's lunch.

The way both Scrivener and Notion allow you to organize stuff are similar enough, but Notion is definitely not made for people who actually write and are used to modern word processing software. You can't even properly select paragraphs with just the normal hotkeys that the rest of the world has used for over a decade. Plugins could take care of generating output files.

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Sundae posted:

Given they didn't care about the mass flood of paraphrased books back in 2014 or so, I'm guessing they don't give a poo poo apart from it being a "lol you answered yes" sort of question. Maybe some sort of Section 230 thing, where they claim you lied to them so it's not their problem?

Yes, this is them covering their rear end in case more AI-hallucinated books about mushroom foraging get published and someone eventually gets killed

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Captain Log posted:

I randomly got this sent with a piece of Moroccan currency I ordered for my collection, and I still have zero idea why.

They probably did it because sending money in the post is suspicious and some people think it's actually illegal. Hell, it might be in some countries.
A book is clearly a book, so it's obvious what's in the package when it gets checked

EricBauman
Nov 30, 2005

DOLF IS RECHTVAARDIG

Leng posted:

IngramSpark finally did it. They've finally messed up enough of my print orders that starting next year, I'm gonna be seriously looking into doing offset printing because I never want to put in an order for $500 worth of books and 27 out of 39 books arrive with damage or severe misprinting. UGH.

I've heard good things about Lulu Direct's printing, but I'm not sure if their retail connections also work well. But if you're ordering a batch for yourself, that doesn't really matter