Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So how does competitive ITG work? Everybody does the same song, or is it more diving-style where it's a combination of difficulty and performance?

Or is that a topic for a future video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh god, the columns bobbing up and down is driving me nuts and I'm just watching you.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Do people ever play doubles as actual doubles, or is it just extra challenge for a single player?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, holy poo poo, Charlene had like 200 more arrows than most of the other songs you did. I can see how a crap-ton of arrows competes for difficulty with some of the other tricks you have to pull off.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Uptempo arrows are a pretty neat effect, but what was the differential in that video? Like twice as fast? More?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Maple Leaf posted:

I'm not certain what you mean? The BPM in Tough Enough and Hand of Time were doubled/halved, rather than some other integer. Technically they were unnecessary but they go with the song.

Yeah, that's what I mean. It does go with the song pretty well.

It is interesting to hear some more pure instrumental works along with dance mixes of heavily vocal songs.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
"Bend Your Mind" was a pretty amazing doubles map. It's interesting to see something demand you squat down and flail away with your hands.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Okay, "Mellow" looks to be completely amazing if you can really get into the combo flow of it. So many arrows. Not surprised you like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I think I might have to fall right over if I tried to do that bit in Zodiac where you did eighth notes with one foot and triplets with the other. Wow.

• Locked thread