Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Let's hope this LP of the game lasts longer than one or two updates!

So how often are you planning on updating?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Barless superiority. Humping the bar is for the weak!

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

BlackFrost posted:

Also, a lot of the people in the community that played seemed to be furries. They wore tails and ears and stuff. I saw them before I knew what furries even were and remember wondering if it was some anime thing. Ah, to be young and innocent again~
For some reason, furries really, really, really love DDR and ITG.

See: Plaguemix and the endless Renard poo poo. Except Plaguemix was a well-done set of songs.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Fun nerd fact: whenever I do planks at the gym, I use The Game to keep track of time, as it's exactly 2 minutes long, and I always aim to hit 120 seconds.

ROM-eo and Juli-8 was also one of my first "hard" songs mastered, barless.

EDIT: Did no one really think to link this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQs83V-uAsE

Olive Branch fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jul 9, 2014

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Doubles is for single player, but there is a mode for two players sharing the two pads, meant to be a co-op type of chart. The mode is called Couples. I found that kind of cute, in a "oh Japan" kind of way.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

Those couples are, of course, preplanned! Most charts keep you to your side, don't they?

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

I blame the StepMania crowd (who are the only ones who still play and buy DDR games I guess) for the rise in poor official charts, given that most custom charts are hard for the sake of being hard. I guess ITG's success with 10-13 difficulty songs started a sort of arms race where the most convoluted, difficult, and bullshit charts are the "boss songs" to beat even though a solid chart with proper artistry would be memorable. But memorable in a "ah, a good song" way, not a "this chart is utter trash and brings down the game" way.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

What do the C300 and C450 speed mods do, compared to the 1x and upwards mods?

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There was a girl in my arcade who would play Lemmings on the Run in Doubles. Every. Single. Time she took the cabinet. Well, either that or ITG2's Kiss Me Red. I get having favorites but man, spice it up a little!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

PA Theme is one of the most ear-grating songs I've ever had the misfortune to listen to.

Why they had to include it in ITG is beyond me. Who was in charge of song selection?

• Locked thread