Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

so who was the lucky anime hug pillow marrying a ycs man

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
the goat comic was funny

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Endorph posted:

so who was the lucky anime hug pillow marrying a ycs man

Rofl nice one dude, but the original YCS guys grew out of that poo poo and have families and stuff now. No need to get jealous tho.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

how the gently caress am i suposed to pronounce your name dude

what does that even mean

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osFa50QYSRI

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

ForeverSmug posted:

how the gently caress am i suposed to pronounce your name dude

what does that even mean

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CpJpGF8lS8

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9saEpqhBP5M

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

ok

Bruciwayna
Apr 2, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
funny video games

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

the fact that dota talk is allowed in games is loving shameful. back in the day if you wanted to talk about dota you had to go to ycs and everyone there made fun of you for liking bad things.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Mr. Pumroy posted:

the fact that dota talk is allowed in games is loving shameful. back in the day if you wanted to talk about dota you had to go to ycs and everyone there made fun of you for liking bad things.

I think that has more to do with Lord Gaben giving Dota his blessing. If you want to embrace pc gaming supremacy then you have to make some sacrifices.

Soral
May 30, 2009

actually its because games forum moderator "zoolooman" is an autist who likes dota and ran the first few dota 2 megathreads

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

ycs was a forum where you could tell a nerd that xbox sucks and he should gently caress off with no reasoning behind it

the rest didn't really matter

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
Waggle

Dr.Tree
May 7, 2007

Sure there are goons in local government. But there are goons in national government too
E3 2006

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX4MdXF3OWI

Scyther
Dec 29, 2010

- "ironic" anime avatars
- him and his superfriends emptyquoting each other in every thread

The Wu-Tang Secret
Nov 28, 2004

This doesn't work anymore :smith:

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

YCS: Everyone pretended to be Touhous while playing SWAT 4

DDRD: *crickets chrip*

Ill leave it to you to figure out which was more epic

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Palpek posted:

ycs was a forum where you could tell a nerd that xbox sucks and he should gently caress off with no reasoning behind it

the rest didn't really matter
making fun of xbone is stupid now because it will be forever connected to barons, who isn't even fit to post in byob

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

YCS: Everyone pretended to be Touhous while playing SWAT 4

DDRD: *crickets chrip*

Ill leave it to you to figure out which was more epic

we had a dude gently caress an xbox

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

No Such Thing posted:

we had a dude gently caress an xbox

That's bullying and not friendship, and why this forum sucks rear end.

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

"I don't like that mooch...
or her pooch!
"
bad comics thread and that goon who knew everything about vendetta the "my human being son" comic

anime/video game pic thread was okay, too

everything else was poo poo and it deserved the death it got

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

or her pooch!
"
does anyone else remember that comic from the bad comic thread that was like 4 girls on a roadtrip and the only song they had to listen to was "ghostbusters" and they all killed themselves?

Hellburger99
Jan 24, 2006

or her pooch!
"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak_txfs1rWo

YCS also introduced me to blue leader so it wasnt all terrible i guess

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The real secret to old YCS was friendship. I met some incredible gamers in my time posting there, and have been invited to weddings, baby showers, bar mitzvahs and brony cons by people who were once just posters on a forum, and are now my best friends.

Nihnoz
Aug 24, 2009

ararararararararararara
You all should send a card to EOG for his wedding. It's polite.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Making snarky posts about video games with intentionally poor grammar and spelling was a more novel idea back then.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Bobby The Rookie posted:

Making snarky posts about video games with intentionally poor grammar and spelling was a more novel idea back then.

If you think that YCS people weren't serious about videogames then you're probably from Games.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

YCS has real game devs and people that write published psych papers about video games and DDRD has faggots that gently caress xboxs.

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

YCS has real game devs and people that write published psych papers about video games and DDRD has faggots that gently caress xboxs.

im sure if any of us was dumb enough to reveal details about our personal lives there would be details of merit.

No, no youre right

quaker69
Jul 3, 2004

Four measures of cheap Vodka combined with a bottle of Bawls
Lipstick Apathy
The more you like games, the better you are at posting ironically about them. Also I was like 20 back then and thought all kinds of retarded poo poo was funny

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dongslayer. posted:

im sure if any of us was dumb enough to reveal details about our personal lives there would be details of merit.

No, no youre right

Lol, uh huh. I bet you're a loving millionaire that's too smart to talk about it. Bitch.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

counterpoint: YCS attracted yahtzee to the forums

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

zen death robot posted:

jesus christ who gives a poo poo

That's the problem, everyone here is trying to one up each other and pretend they don't care, instead of trying to form Gamer friendships. You loss, I guess, but if that's the kind of forum you want then don;t blame me when it withers away into dust. *shrugs*

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Dongslayer. posted:

im sure if any of us had personal lives there would be details of merit.

ftfy

BrettRobb posted:

The more you like games, the better you are at posting ironically about them. Also I was like 20 back then and thought all kinds of retarded poo poo was funny

jesus poo poo how old are you

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

That's the problem, everyone here is trying to one up each other and pretend they don't care, instead of trying to form Gamer friendships.

i remember a lot of ycs being this

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Knuc U Kinte posted:

That's the problem, everyone here is trying to one up each other and pretend they don't care, instead of trying to form Gamer friendships. You loss, I guess, but if that's the kind of forum you want then don;t blame me when it withers away into dust. *shrugs*

YCS had (has?) a true sense of "communiy".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
ycs is gone. it isn't coming back(to sa). every forum has to forge its own destiny in the crucible of time and posting.

• Locked thread